Marsh Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Marsh Interview Questions

Interviews at Marsh

2.8

Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh in June 2019.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from HR to schedule a panel HR interview at the Marsh office. They called me in the late afternoon wanting to schedule the interview for the next day.

Disguised the job description as a standard Management Associate position, but through the interview I found out they were simply looking for client facing insurance brokers. I stopped the interview then.

Marsh listed the job as a Graduate Associate Programme, but referred to it as IMAP in the interview.

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

The first round is a Hirevue interview with standard behavioral questions. The timeline to hear back was very unclear as they kept pushing it back further. Eventually, I was invited to New York for a super day with 3 other potential candidates. There were three different thirty minute interviews, mostly behavioral questions and walking through your resume. While the interviews were easy, it took more than two weeks to hear back when the program director said it would take two days and that was only after I had emailed him a few times asking for a response. Who waits two weeks after a super day? Also, I said hello to one of the interviewers on the street about an hour after the interview with him and he had no idea who I was.... The whole process was extremely disorganized and I felt a little disrespected.

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marsh in March 2019.

Interview

It was a phone interview where they asked me questions about myself with the objective of getting to know me. It was key to research the history of the company since the interviewer liked my answer when I knew about it.

Assurance Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

The whole process too about 2 months from the time I applied to starting. Video interview was needed before getting an actual interview. The actual interview was with 2 people and had a final interview with upper management after. Background check was performed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had difficulty meeting a deadline and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marsh.

Interview

Did 6 interviews. First was phone with the lead talent acquisition, second also with her but video interview. 3rd interview was with the Regional HR Manager. Last 3 interviews were with 3 heads of business teams.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh (London, England) in March 2019.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of a video interview followed by a numeracy and deductive reasoning test online. The culmination of the process was an assessment centre in London which lasted less than a day and included group work, a written task, a presentation and an interview.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Comfortable interview with very bright leadership. Great questions and easy conversations. They provided a great deal of information about the role. Most questions related to my past experience and insurance knowledge.

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in March 2019.

Interview

Applied online through workday. Was asked to do a video interview through hirevue. Then was asked to do two online assessments covering deductive and numerical reasoning. Didn’t hear back from Marsh for awhile until I got asked to attend an assessment day which included a group discussion with the other candidates, a write up, a presentation and an interview. Over all, great experience. The quality of the other candidates was inspiring.

Interview Questions

• Strengths based questions for the one on one interview.   1 Answer
    • What unique qualities would you bring to Marsh?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh in February 2019.

Interview

I received an invitation to attend an interview by email and arranged to come in the following week. I was interviewed by two people, the atmosphere was very friendly and welcoming, though still professional.

Interview Questions

• Would you describe yourself as a detail-oriented person?   Answer Question

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marsh (London, England) in March 2019.

Interview

1) Upload CV (Very quick to do but didn't hear back for about 3 weeks)

2) Digital Interview. Standard competency questions.

3) SHL Online testing. These were pretty difficult, I didn't manage to finish all of the questions. They were interactive tests, so instead of just multiple choice or numerical answers, you were required to do calculations then move sliders on graphs and pie charts.

4) Assessment Centre:
    - Group task: Case study related to the industry. My group finished pretty much half way through the time so a lot of it was awkward padding. Helps to have a very wide knowledge of Marsh and the (many) business areas to keep the conversation going without repeating points. There was one assessor observing each person.

- Written task: Based on information from the group exercise. Just hand writing an email to a client to show how you'd handle a complaint.

- Lunch and a chance to talk to graduates currently on the scheme.

- 4 minute presentation followed by about 10 mins of questions. This was pre prepared and was meant to cover: Why Marsh; Why the industry; Knowledge of business areas. The invitation to the AC includes an explanation of all the business areas, but to be honest I couldn't make any sense of it. Google was not helpful either. I found out during the assessment centre that Marsh is a matrix where business areas are mostly separate and specialised, but they also overlap a lot. If you get this topic, good luck.

- Interview: some competency but also about your CV and experiences. Very laid back and both interviewers were very friendly.

Overall it was a well organised, relaxed day. Plenty of breaks between tasks to get refreshments and chat to the other candidates. The whole day seemed to be about them getting to know you and check your understanding about the industry and Marsh.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe Marsh and what we do to a friend?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.