Marsh Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Marsh Interview Questions

Updated 4 Jun 2019

2.8

Insurance Specialist Interview

Interview

I had an interview with two managers at the insurance specialist division at New York. The interview with them was very conversational. They tend to get drifted away to irrelevant topics from your interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

Interview was fairly easy. I was interviewed on the phone by the recruiter and then had two separate in-person interviews. The process took less than a week and I was hired.

Interview Questions

• What fruit are you? One of the most useless questions asked.   Answer Question

Marsh Response

31 Mar 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Welcome to Marsh!

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Interview process was smooth. Met with three supervisors that were part of the team and then met with the head Project Manager who explained the company's objectives in detail.
    the PM explained the importance of the role I was applying for, and the type of candidate they were looking for. The PM was very focused on personalits than experience since the role involved lots of team effort tasks.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about insurance?   1 Answer

Insurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

8 rounds of interviews over two weeks. The first 5 rounds were wth SVPs from each department, followed by a phone interview, followed by two interviews within a specific department.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marsh in April 2016.

Interview

In person 1 hour. Met with 3 different people. Casual and laid back. No very technical questions. More personality based. Wanted to find out if I would be a good fit personality wise more than anything.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

The Interview Process was easy! it started with a Video interview asking about yourself and simple yet telling questions about yourself. I later got a call saying that they were interested in meeting with me. I meet with two manager that made me feel super comfortable and it was more of a conversation rather than an interview. So overall the face to face interview was great.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I preferred to work alone or in a group?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh.

Interview

Submitted application online, offered Hirevue interview with various behavioral questions and asked what you would tell friends about the company, had 3 minutes to answer questions, did not receive offer for in person interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Houston, TX (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview went pretty well. No general feedback and was unimpressed when one of their employees was cursing in front of me. If you want to impress students, it is no way to act unprofessional. A company should show professionalism when trying to recruit. I did not see that here as i thought I would.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Houston, TX (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward and simple. The first round consisted of easy, common behavioral questions with a senior vice president from one of the sectors. Then the second round consisted of 3 back to back, 30 minute interviews. Two interviews with senior vice presidents, and the third interview with an HR employee. Overall experience is that it was easy. Just know your resume, and be able to explain what you have done, and the outcomes.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to tell them about a time I had to do something, and it didn't work out.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

It was not a fun process, but what process is? Was asked why I wanted to be in insurance, what drove me there, and why I would be a good candidate. There were a couple of rounds but again, not that hard overall.

Interview Questions

• All the sort of questions you would think they would ask   Answer Question