Marsh Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Marsh Interview Questions

Updated 17 Jun 2019

2.8

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

I sat down with the managing director of NY and we went through my resume. It was a smooth flowing conversation and I never once felt nervous or overwhelmed. The people were awesome, they had me meet the team I would be working with, gave me a tour of the building and gave me a great understanding of what I would be doing during my time there.

Senior Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was thorough and professional with challenging questions. It involved multiple layers of management / leadership. Once we had come to a point where a decision was made, it was a timely process to onboarding - the HR and department leadership were great to work with!

IT Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh (Denver, CO (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Took my initial interview over the internet, with timed and recorded questions in front of the laptop camera. Two months later they got back to me about the position and conducted three follow-up interviews over the phone within a week. I was offered the position within one week of them reaching out to me that second time.

Interview Questions

• Which do you prefer more and why: teaching or writing?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have in preparing training content for complex software programs?   Answer Question
    • What do you still struggle with professionally?   Answer Question

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marsh (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Very professional, educational, comfortable and casual enough to talk freely and have open, candid conversations about work history, how it applies to position, why position has been open, candidate's required and preferred experience and their expectations on both sides throughout the entire process. Next steps and accessibility to staff if/when questions arose was impressive.

Interview Questions

• How would I use my previous experience, specifically the combination of marketing, business development and insurance and apply it to this position. How will my existing relationships benefit as well   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

First round was a prerecorded interview using your iPhone which was awkward. After that, it was a face to face interview, which was your standard interview experience. There were no surprises but it did take forever which was frustrating.

Interview Questions

• Lots of case study questions, with "tell me a time when you..." which is pretty standard these days.   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marsh (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

It was a pretty seamless process. The first step was a recorded video interview, followed by remote interviews with eight people, seven of which through video conference and another by phone. The recruiter kept in touch and I received and accepted an offer.

Interview Questions

• What would make me a good fit for the company, to go over my employment history, what I think about the company.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (San Antonio, TX (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

It was one of the easiest application and interview processes that I have been through in my career. I appreciate the prompt responses from the Marsh team and feeling that my skills are valuable to Marsh.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my work history and how it correlated to the duties for position that I was applying for.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

The first step was completing a virtual pre-recorded interview. Then the next round was a phone interview. The final step was an in person interview with 5 different employees that interviewed each candidate separately - it was a 4 hour interview.

Interview Questions

Marsh Response

30 Jan 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for your feedback.

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marsh (Atlanta, GA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. The initial HR screening interview was a bit odd, as it was done via HireVue. HireVue is a video program where you are interviewed by pre-recorded questions and the application videos your answer to each question. Once I completed the HireVue interview, I was reached out to a few days later to discuss in-office interviews. I interviewed in their Atlanta office with three different people, and I was offered the position.

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Marsh (Overland Park, KS (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via email with a request for interview and the recruiter was very nice and helpful. The team I interviewed with were ready with a lot of questions for me and an overview of the company. I do wish they'd given me more of an overview of the daily tasks I'd complete, but they provided me with a lot of relevant information. The only other thing I'd suggest would be giving the parking garage letter for their building. I interviewed on the Sprint Campus in Overland Park, KS and it was my first time there. Knowing the parking garage letter would have made finding it, and avoiding getting lost as I did causing me to be late, a lot easier.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about a conflict with a co-worker and how I handled it.   Answer Question