Marsh Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Marsh Interview Questions

Updated 4 Jun 2019

2.8

Underwriting Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Washington, DC (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the Marsh recruiter approx. 1 week after applying for the position . We had a 30 min. phone conversation my resume was then forwarded to the Human Resource/Hiring Manager. I was contacted via email for an in person interview. At that time I interviewed with two people. I was contacted about a week and a half later via email for a second in person interview with two other people.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider a weakness for you?
      Have you ever been in a situation that may have been difficult with a client/customer and if so how did you handle it?
      Are you familiar with what we do here at this company?
      Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Vice President - Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Marsh (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was professional and appropriate for the position. The interviewers were friendly and did not ask any really tough questions. It was more of a discussion of my qualifications and review of my employment history.

Interview Questions

• How do you think the organization should transition from a predominantly waterfall SDLC process to an agile methodology? What are some potential pitfalls?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh.

Interview

First I had three phone interviews the first week and one in person interview the following week. They were pleasant, positive, professional and asked all the right questions to make my interviews a success.

Interview Questions

• All questions were handled professionally.   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I reached out to a recruiter through a personal reference. I interviewed at Chicago, IL office with two managers. The questions were all behavioral. We talked about my past experience and projects that I took at the university. They asked about what I would like to do at the workplace since the position offered diverse opportunities. Both the interviews lasted for half an hour each. A week later, I interviewed on the phone with three people, from the Atlanta office. Similar questions were asked, but focused more on my future plans. I enjoyed the interview process thoroughly as each step was carried out very efficiently. The recruiter scheduled the interviews expeditiously and was always ready to answer my questions, even at odd hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you worked in a team and there was a problem. How did you control the situation?   Answer Question
    • Lots of questions about my past experience, from working in teams to prioritizing tasks.   Answer Question
    • Have you worked on large data-sets?   Answer Question

Actuary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Recorded question that you answer from from via video. You are able to record yourself answering practice questions before submitting the real question. Also, you only have one shot at the real question. A week later was called by a recruiter and was asked typical questions such as why do you want to work here, what do you know about the company, and relating your job to the one you are applying.

Interview Questions

• Video Question: What do you want to work here? (Only question)
      Phone: What do you know about Mercer?
      Relate your experiences to the job you are applying.   Answer Question

Marsh Response

17 Dec 2015 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing your feedback on our digital interviewing platform. I am happy to hear you found the experience to be a positive one.

Senior Risk Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Stockton, CA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter regarding my interest. I was then scheduled for an interview. I was interviewed on 3 occasions from 3 separate Marsh employees via telephone. Background check conducted. I was subsequently offered a position. Attended training in Philadelphia. Onboard trainer, Ken Heffner was extremely helpful and an excellent onboard trainer.

Interview Questions

• My work history and stragtic claim resolution examples.   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Two chats over coffee both very informal. Lots of information about company and role but relatively little asked of my background. Very informal process a little disconcerting. Off process very quick and informal too which made me question the conpany

Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Park, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Brooklyn Park, MN (US)).

Interview

The process initially took a while. I applied online on October 12th and wasn't contacted for a phone interview until November 5th. The phone interview went over information about the company, why the position is open and I was asked why I was looking for a new opportunity and to walk through my resume. The in-person interview was what turned me away. I met with the controller and the accounting manager and the controller appeared to be too busy to meet with me as they kept looking out the office. The in-person interview was only 20 minutes long and I did not have a good feeling about it afterwards. I did not believe I did very well since not all questions correlated to the new position, but instead was about my former employer and why I believed the changes were happening.
    I received a call the next day with an offer and the job had a robust benefits package and great pay but my feeling after the in-person interview was not positive enough for me to accept the offer. I do not believe 20 minutes is enough time to know whether or not you want to hire someone, and wasn't sure how many other decisions were made this way.

Interview Questions

• Can you walk me through your resume?
      Why are you looking for a new opportunity?   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

Straight forward, contacted initially by HR -- phone interview, then in person with two people. Be very careful with your on-line application -- it should match your resume, your cv and the hire application (yes, they ask you to fill out an application in addition to online application -- think it is called a disclosure document or something like that).

Interview Questions

• Strengths and weaknesses, where do you see yourself in five years, and tell me about your software skills.   1 Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

Submitted application through school's on campus interview site, had an on campus interview, and then moved on to office site interview in San Francisco. After brief orientation had 4 rounds of interviewing with different risk/insurance managers in different practices. Each interview was behavioral only. There were a couple alumni from my university present, but bringing up our shared connection wasn't very helpful as it sometimes is.

Interview Questions

• What do you to become more confident before situations like interviews?   1 Answer