Marsh Summer TRAC Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Marsh Summer TRAC Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Marsh

2.5

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied through my university's career center, obtained a on-campus interview, which then afterwards received a superday interview in New York City. Interviewers were really nice, wanted to learn about you, questions were HR based except for when they wanted to hear about your likes/dislikes.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Marsh

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

The process took 3+ weeks. Met with the recruiter on campus and she briefly explain the overview of the TRAC program. Scheduled on campus interview with the specialist who went to the same school. The interview was a casual conversation with couple behavioral questions. Heard back in couple days that I was selected for their SUPER DAY in their Los Angeles office. 4 back to back behavioral interviews followed by a casual conversation with their current TRAC associates. Overall the process was smooth and easy.

Interview Questions

• All behavior questions. They want to hear a story so just relax and be yourself.   Answer Question

Marsh Response

31 Mar 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Congrats on the offer! I know you are going to really enjoy the Summer TRAC program.

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marsh (Davis, CA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied for position through University job posting and met with a recruiter on campus. Initial application included a resume and a submission of a brief "selfie" video through hirevue. The video included three questions with ~3 minutes to answer each question; the questions were very simple and personality based (e.g. tell us about yourself, why do you want to work with us?). Following the application I got invited to an interview with a recruiter on campus. I was kinda nervous but he was very engaging and he made it easy to open up and talk a bit more. The interview questions were also personality based and had typical scenario/behavior-type questions.

Overall positive experience with the interview process. Only drawback I would say is that because the recruiter was so friendly and talkative I thought I nailed the interview, which made it a little more disappointing when I found out I was declined an offer :(

Interview Questions

• What do you know about MARSH, and why do you want to work with us?
      Talk about a time you had to deal with a difficult teammate/someone who won't cooperate.
      Do you have experience working with large amounts of data?   Answer Question

Marsh Response

19 Dec 2016 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

I am sorry to hear that the interviews did not result in an offer for you. I am sure you will have a fantastic summer internship and we hope to see you again next year.

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marsh (San Francisco, CA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied to this position through my universary career website. There are 2 rounds of interviews. The first one is hosted on campus in a on-on-one style intervier. If you get past this round, they invite you to the second round hosted at their nearest office. Here you have 4 back to back interviews each lasting around 20 minutes. They respond quickly on whether or not you get the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Marsh?   1 Answer

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Interview

I applied to the Summer TRAC program through university recruiting. The first interview was with one person, and I found out after a few days that I made it to the second round of interviews. In the second round of interviews, four people interviewed me for about half an hour each. In both rounds of interviews, everyone was extremely personable and interested in telling me more about Marsh. Overall, the process of interviewing for the position was very positive, and I look forward to working at Marsh this summer.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Marsh, and why are you interested in working with us?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marsh (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

The first thing Marsh asks you to do once you apply is send them a 'selfie video.' Basically, it is a set of questions that you answer by recording yourself. You do not get to redo your answers.

My first interview was with a recruiter through an online video conference platform. At my interview time, I was having technical difficulties getting onto the site. The interviewer then called me and sent me a new link. Although we started the interview a bit later than planned, the interviewer gave me his full attention and did not attempt to cut the interview short. He was easy to talk to and was very understanding. He asked the basic questions, like "why Marsh?" and a few behavioral questions. Also, be prepared to give your preference for office location.

The second interview was with senior managers from different practices at the office to which I was applying for a position. I was flown out to the city and put up in a hotel. The next day, I participated in the super day interview. I came into the office and there were 3 other students that was to be interviewed at the same time. We were put into 4 different rooms and the 4 interviewers rotated rooms every 30 minutes. They spend the first 10-15 minutes asking me behavioral questions in which they seemed uninterested. I assume that is because they knew I was prepared to answer such questions and they were required to ask these. The rest of the time, I had the opportunity to ask them questions and just have a conversation, which was much more engaging and enjoyable.

Less than a week later, I received a call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with big data before?   1 Answer

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Interview

I had a very positive experience during the MARSH Summer TRAC Associate Interview process. During my time, my recruiter was incredibly helpful, and worked with me to ensure that I was as prepared for each meeting. My interviewers, both during the on campus interview portion, as well as the on site interview, were incredibly patient, understanding and wonderful to speak with. Contrary to popular belief, the MARSH interview process itself was more reminiscent of a captivating conversation, rather than a stress inducing experience. I saw my interview time as more of an opportunity to understand and speak with leaders of the insurance and risk management industry, and I was very delighted and humbled to have been extended an offer for the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you worked with a large data set.   Answer Question

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marsh (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

I found out about the position through an on-campus recruiter through an internship reception at my university. I met the recruiter at the table and had a brief, introductory conversation for about 10 minutes. Then, I was called back for a second round interview a day later. This one lasted about 30 minutes and the interviewer was conversational but professional. He asked my some tough situational questions, but also about my personal experiences on my resume. The final round was in the office, and involved three 30-minute rounds with one or two interviewers each. They asked me similar kinds of questions - situational and personal.

Summer TRAC Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resumé through both Marsh's website and their own. A day later I received an email from Marsh to complete a screening on HireVue. This involved me recording answers to maybe five standard interview questions and submitting this video to Marsh. These are all timed and you have one chance to complete them. It was a weird experience. About three weeks later I heard back from Marsh saying that I'd moved onto the final round superday at their office in Chicago. Paid for my transit there and back, and myself and two other candidates rotated between three interviewers. These interviews were about 30min long and very relaxed. They tried to keep it more conversational than anything else. Ended with a Q&A with current TRAC Associates. Overall it wasn't an unpleasant experience. I received a call the next morning informing me that I hadn't gotten the internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to persuade someone to your way of thinking.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marsh (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

1st Round was On-Campus interview and consisted of a typical behavioral interview with an alumni. 2nd round was an in-house interview and consisted of 3 behavior interviews with Managers and TRAC coordinator.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had to deal with a difficult team member ?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.