Find jobs for Summer TRAC Associate

Marsh Summer TRAC Associate Interview Questions

Updated 4 Oct 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Marsh

2.5
HardAverageEasy
Found 28 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marsh (Houston, TX)

Interview

It was a rotation between 3 different people. I spoke to the program manager (very high energy and enthusiastic person who flies into every city to interview for the TRAC program), a vice president and the manager of the VP.

Interview Questions
  • They primarily asked behavioral interview questions like name a time you were a leader, name a time you had a group project, etc.
    Answer Question
Marsh
Application

I interviewed at Marsh

Interview

You first do an online interview with pre-recorded questions that you answer. The next round was an in-person interview at their office. The process was much nicer than other interviews I had.

Interview Questions
Marsh
Application

I interviewed at Marsh

Interview

First round was a video interview that you take on your own, next you were invited to interview at the office you applied for. It was about 2 hours and a very smooth process.

Interview Questions
Marsh
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Boston, MA) in Oct 2019

Interview

Hirevue online and then a full super day at the office. There were four 30 minute interviews in a 2 hour window. Mainly behavioral questions were asked. Overall a positive experience

Interview Questions
Marsh
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY) in Feb 2019

Interview

The first round is a Hirevue interview with standard behavioral questions. The timeline to hear back was very unclear as they kept pushing it back further. Eventually, I was invited to New York for a super day with 3 other potential candidates. There were three different thirty minute interviews, mostly behavioral questions and walking through your resume. While the interviews were easy, it took more than two weeks to hear back when the program director said it would take two days and that was only after I had emailed him a few times asking for a response. Who waits two weeks after a super day? Also, I said hello to one of the interviewers on the street about an hour after the interview with him and he had no idea who I was.... The whole process was extremely disorganized and I felt a little disrespected.

Interview Questions
Marsh
Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Boston, MA) in Oct 2018

Interview

The interview process was very facilitated, recruiters were in touch with me the entire time. I was flown out to Boston by the company and their travel agency was very friendly.

Interview Questions
Marsh
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Marsh (New York, NY) in Mar 2018

Interview

It was a two-step interview process. The first round of interviews was a pre-recorded, online interview. There was a series of five pre-recorded behavioral questions to which you had about 2-5 minutes to respond. The second and final round of interviews involved a super day in the office you wanted to work in. I had to participate virtually, but most people traveled to the office to participate in a two-hour behavioral interview with four different employees at the company. The interviewers ranged from HR associates to managers across different industries.

Interview Questions
  • What is your greatest weakness and greatest strength?
  • Tell me about a time you had to work in a group and not everyone got along with each other. What was the end result?
  • Tell me about a time you had to be innovative.
  • How would you handle a conflict with your coworkers/teammates?
  • Tell me how you stay organized and/or how you approach meeting deadlines.
  • Tell me about a time you used data and analytics to back up a project or proposal.
Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (San Francisco, CA) in Feb 2018

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward and smooth. I first attended a virtual information session hosted by a recruiter and a former summer TRAC associate a couple days before the application deadline. The day after the application deadline, I was told to complete a hirevue majorly consisting of behavioral questions. About a week and a half later, I received notification that I had made it to the final round consisting of a super day of three 30 min interviews plus an information session with current TRAC associates. The first half of each interview consisted of three different behavioral questions. The second half of each interview was more of discussion between me and the interviewer about their job and questions I had. Each interviewer was happy to answer questions I had and was eager to tell me about their positions and the company. The next morning I received a phone call that I was being offered the position.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a time in which you had to mentor someone. What is a time in which you had to convince/persuade others of something?
Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Philadelphia, PA) in Oct 2017

Interview

I was sent an email containing a link to an online interview. The interview consisted of six questions. For each I was allotted 30 seconds to prepare my answer and between 2 and 3 minutes to formally respond. You can only answer once. After this, Marsh HR emailed me information concerning an on-site interview at which I interviewed with three members of the company. Following the interviews was a Q & A Session with a couple associates currently doing the full-time TRAC Program. Overall, it was pretty awesome. Super personal and warm. Definitely cared more about my personality and character qualities. My interviewers barely read my resume; instead they jumped right in to asking questions about my previous experiences which was really cool. I didn't feel judged. More conversational than anything.

Interview Questions
  • What's a time you worked in a team and things didn't go as you anticipated? A time you worked with someone who was difficult? (Pretty much typical interview questions. If you studied abroad, be prepared to name a few lessons you learned while away)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh (Chicago, IL) in Oct 2017

Interview

I submitted my resumé through both Marsh's website and their own. A day later I received an email from Marsh to complete a screening on HireVue. This involved me recording answers to maybe five standard interview questions and submitting this video to Marsh. These are all timed and you have one chance to complete them. It was a weird experience. About three weeks later I heard back from Marsh saying that I'd moved onto the final round superday at their office in Chicago. Paid for my transit there and back, and myself and two other candidates rotated between three interviewers. These interviews were about 30min long and very relaxed. They tried to keep it more conversational than anything else. Ended with a Q&A with current TRAC Associates. Overall it wasn't an unpleasant experience. I received a call the next morning informing me that I hadn't gotten the internship.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had to persuade someone to your way of thinking.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 Interviews