Marsh & McLennan Agency Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Marsh & McLennan Agency Interview Questions

Interviews at Marsh & McLennan Agency

2.6

CSS Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Agency.

Interview

I was a referral, but boy, did I dodge a bullet. As other reviewers have mentioned, this place is incredibly fake. People seem fake happy where you know they only act that way to keep their jobs. The interview process is ridiculously long. After the phone interview there’s 2 hours of meeting with a recruiter, taking a pointless assessment, and then meeting with the department manager all to find “diamonds.” The department manager was rude, apprehensive and would talk down to me during their hour-long portion of the interview. Crucially, when I asked the manager if there was anything they would like to see changed with the company, they never said one “negative” thing, which should’ve been a red flag. Then after meeting with them, and if you move forward in their interview process, you meet with a IO Psychologist. But wait, before you do that, you have 3 other personality/knowledge assessments which take up to 3 hours to do all together. Remember, because they just want “diamonds.” Apparently, I’m not a diamond because I didn’t receive an offer, but I thank god I didn’t. Whether it was the tedious, condescending process (and people) or the fact that my referral wasn’t a family member, they took so much of my time to simply say “no.” It is more than apparent that they will NOT take the time to train you, you should know everything already. This place has a huge Boomer mentality and just takes so long, you’ll probably get an offer elsewhere before you hear back from this place. Come to find out from my referral, they also have a high turnover rate for most of the departments - which is why their job postings say “30+ days since posted” on them. Honestly, do not wait around, look elsewhere, you’ll be treated better.

Interview Questions

Marsh & McLennan Agency Response

7 Feb 2020 – SVP, HR

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. You raise concerns that do not align with Marsh & McLennan Agency’s culture, and we are disappointed to hear that your experience was negative. We ask that you please reach out to the local HR leader of this office to share more specifics. MMA places a very high value on creating a culture where all candidates and colleagues feel respected and valued.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Agency (New York, NY (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

WASTED TIME - I believe the process is racially bias. I was referred by a current employee of Marsh. My initial interview was over the phone with Bill. He tried to convince me that I should take a lower position with less salary. At the in-person interview Bill behaved the same way. He was also present at the interview with the Director and continue to berate my abilities and ultimately the Director agreed with him.

Interview Questions

• The questions were standard, but Bill the recruiter line of questions were odd and awkward. He laughed a lot to negate from the fact that he knew nothing about Account Management and even said it a few times, yet the company is using him to direct lead the hiring process.   1 Answer

4 Sep 2019 – SVP, HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. We are sorry to receive this feedback, and regret terribly that technical difficulties delayed us from seeing your review until now. You raise concerns that do not align with Marsh & McLennan Agency’s core values, and we are disappointed this was your experience. We ask that you please reach out to the local HR leader of this office to share more specifics. We will investigate the matter to better understand what occurred. MMA places a very high value on creating a culture where all candidates and colleagues feel respected and valued.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Agency.

Interview

I had a connection which got me in contact with the recruiter. They were very responsive and scheduled me an interview within minutes after the phone call. During the interview the recruiter informed me about the internship and asked me how I felt about it. The interview was easy, simply because of the connection I had through the insurance fraternity at my university.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Agency (Worcester, MA (US)).

Interview

1/2 hour with the recruiter. 1 Hour phone screen with the director. She spoke more about herself than about my experience. 3 hour in person interview. Fake "happy sunshiney" personalities.

Interview Questions

• Mostly spoke about themselves. Despite many employees leaving recently, acted like they were the best place to work. It was tedious to listen to. Noticed that everyone working there was under 30 and attractive.   1 Answer

27 Feb 2018 – SVP, HR

Thank you for exploring a career opportunity with MMA, and for your feedback.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Agency (Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I had a very positive experience, right up until two months later when their “sun shiney” personalities, open positive dialogue, and frequent communication ceased completely. Their lengthy interview, waiting and testing process went on for two months, during which I was all but offered the job directly. I was given flying colors for my references and background screening. The last friendly email I received actually said we should have the “green light” next week. All of a sudden, crickets. Bottom line, I jumped through hoops for two months and instead of an offer, I got a two month unemployment gap. I was given one of the standard generic reasons two weeks later by email, only to find it couldn’t possibly be true shortly after. I will never know why, but I can assure you I will never be that naive again.

Interview Questions

• Did you lead client meetings in your past roles?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about keeping up client relationships? Did you have a high rate of client retention?   Answer Question

30 Jul 2018 – SVP, HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Occasionally, there are extenuating circumstances that require us to delay the interview process. We are committed to providing the best candidate experience and have shared your message with our local team.

Employee Health Account Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Agency (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied through linked in and the next day got an email for a phone interview. 6 interviewers. the questions were pretty basic,but overwhelming with the about of inttell erviewers.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Agency.

Interview

After applying through a job website, I was given a video interview with 9 questions, before being brought in for an on-site interview. In the on-site interview, I elaborated on my past experience and my resume -- it was rather nonchalant, just a friendly interview over the table.

Account Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Agency.

Interview

I met with both the direct manager and their manager during the interview process, requiring two trips to the company for in-person interviews. The questions were standard and straight-forward, not at all difficult or out of the box. Unfortunately, the position that was discussed and posted was NOT communicated clearly.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Agency (Raleigh, NC (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

I had to fill out a HireVue video interview screening before getting invited to an in person interview. The in person interview was not intense, just your standard interview questions.

Senior Loss Control Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Agency (Fort Lauderdale, FL (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was with two people. First with the Director of Loss Control and then with the Office Manager. Very friendly non formal stile of interview. Once that was completed, I had to take a computer based personality test and technical questions as well.

Interview Questions

• They did ask how knowledgeable I was with Microsoft Office.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.