Marsh & McLennan Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Marsh & McLennan Companies Interview Questions

Updated 15 Nov 2017

2.8

Problem Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Jersey City, NJ (US)).

Interview

I applied to the position through their website and heard back from HR about a week later. The call was a brief phone interview followed by a HireVue video interview. HireVue is just a site you logon to to answer between 5-10 questions already selected for you. It is not a live video interview but when you are ready, you click Go, and have 2 mins or so to answer the question displayed. After the HireVue, I had 2 additional phone interviews - one with manager and one with a peer. After the interview with the peer, I was called in for an in-person with the team (not the hiring manager) which went great. A few days later, I was called for another phone interview but with a different peer in a different country. I was a little confused since I had already spoken to the hiring manager and met with their go-to/lead person who was local. Didn't receive feedback after that. Different culture afraid of newcomers co-located with the rest of the team perhaps?

Interview Questions

• I was asked on HireVue and again by 3 different people the difference between a LAN and a WAN. A very basic question... yet very important. I sensed a lack of communication between the team members.   Answer Question

Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (La Jolla, CA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

You go through a series of interview mainly, a screening then in person interview. Their HR is very professional as well as the manager and the director. You can tell that it's a really good company to work for and has a relax environment. They also have a good retention rate so it's definitely a good sign if or when you join the team.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Interview

Met recruiter via a virtual job fair event which led to a request for an online recorded video interview. Questions are posted, you have 30 seconds to prepare yourself to deliver your response, then the recording starts...and your timer starts...you have 3 minutes to answer your question. There are no do-overs or second attempts. You do have the ability to practice with questions to get used to the format and being recorded...you can watch your response to see you you sound, look, present yourself before you do the actual interview. This is the first step and follow up meetings/interviews come after this. There is no job offer at the end of this (or rejection either)...just an email saying thanks for completing it. Expect to be contacted by someone later to discuss next steps.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Norwood, MA (US)).

Interview

In person interview, the interview was at least a 30 minutes interview, Asked me a couple questions and I answered. I was called the same day to let me know that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• How would your peers describes you?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Interview

I was contacted for an interview less than 2 weeks after applying online. The interview was conducted via the companies video platform which was very easy to use. The hiring manager was very proactive and kept me informed every step of the way.

Interview Questions

Marsh & McLennan Companies Response

6 Jun 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Happy to hear that the process worked well for you. Enjoy your internship!

Data Analytics Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (New York, NY (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I got a call from a very friendly recruiter on a Thursday, a few days after I applied for the position at Monster.com. From there we set up a video interview with my prospective boss for the coming Monday. The interview was brief but to the point and a day later the recruiter called to set up a second video interview with the individual who oversees the department. That night the recruiter called to offer me the internship. Both interviews took around 25 minutes. The whole process was very smooth and efficient.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation where you had an overwhelming amount of work thrown at you and how did you respond?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your past internships   Answer Question

Marsh & McLennan Companies Response

6 Jun 2017 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for sharing your experience. Congratulations on your offer!

Junior Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Overland Park, KS (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by three employees with a lot of experience in the industry. We went over my resume and experience and why I wanted to work for Marsh & McLennan. Open questions followed and completed the interview process before the extensive background check.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Atlanta, GA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Note: I truly think Mercer is a great company that I would love to work for despite my experience. I can tell the people that work there are genuine and caring; which is rare. General Process: Submit online application and recruiters at corporate will sift through the applicants. If they like you then HR calls you and schedules a phone interview. They usually do a few phone interviews, aptitude test(s), then an in person interview or HiVue interview if you're remote. This was a 2 hour interview with 4 interviewers having a budgeted 30 mins with each applicant. I wonder the effectiveness of jaded interviews. Those who interview are not actually recruiters, so they have a bunch of other responsibilities they need to get to... I imagine they want to do things that help them keep their job moreso than focus on an applicant trying to answer a question correctly.
    My experience: The process lasted 3 months. I was a referral from a respected employee and enjoyed visiting with the employees I interviewed with. The high level of ambiguity during the interview process was difficult. Long story sort, I made it to 2 final round interviews (the latter interview suggested after the original final round interview). HR sent me emails to links with the wrong job description attached so I literally was not sure what job I was interviewing for since different emails were saying different things. Mercer was impressed enough for me to be a "runner-up" to a senior position that they would move me to an entry level position to gain a proper foundation. I loved this about them! However I found it odd that they would not seek clarification of my responses to their questions nor give me any feedback after denying me twice.

Interview Questions

• "Are you looking to re-locate?"   1 Answer
    • What is your expected salary?   1 Answer

Data Governance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (New York, NY (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

First, there was a phone screen with an HR recruiter. Then face to face interviews with the hiring manager, a member of the team and then some key stakeholders. Everyone was great. They provided their background, their expectations of the role and some insight into the culture at MMC.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my functional experience as it relates to the role.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

Interview

HR phone screen followed by in-person interviews with team.

The team was very nice and the conversations went well. Talked about background of group, goals and outlook of the position and team.

However, poor communication throughout process in terms of updates. After reaching out to HR for updates on the status of the position weeks after the interviews, was told they would be in touch during the week. A week later, had to reach out again to follow up and was told verbatim from previous response that they would be in touch. Meanwhile, according to the MMC website career section, the position is "inactive" and no longer taking submissions. So either HR is misleading to imply the process is still ongoing or the position has been filled already without any communication.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.