Marsh & McLennan Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Marsh & McLennan Companies Interview Questions

Updated 10 Apr 2018

2.8

Staff IT Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Hoboken, NJ (US)).

Interview

Applied online through LinkedIn, the entire interview process took about two months. I had two interview sessions in total, a video interview with HireVue and an in-person interview with the Audit Management Team at the New Jersey Office.

The in-person interview was a great experience, I met with Senior Manager and Directors from the Department and they were very knowledgeable and passionate about Company. During the interview, they provided a great overview of the day-to-day operations within the Department.

I was notified with an offer a day after in-person interview and have accepted the offer.

Backup Data Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

The process was very streamlined and HR did a good job communicating with me. The management team were very professional during the interview process. The background process went well with email communication daily. I had to call Sterling with a questions and they were very helpful. It was a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• What qualifications did I have for this position.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies in February 2018.

Interview

The interview was a phone interview and was pretty casual with the typical questions such as What are your goals and questions about educational background as well as extracurriculars and such.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Interview

Phone interview, then in-person. At the time of the in-person they asked if I'd be available to come back and interview with some other people, I replied yes. Left and never heard from anyone ever again. Followed up twice. Terrible when you are interviewing with HR for a job in HR

Interview Questions

Marsh & McLennan Companies Response

2 Apr 2018 – CHRO

What is terrible is that we didn't follow up. I agree, no excuse, absolutely none.

IT Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Dallas, TX (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me and did an initial screening. A phone interview with HR was setup to review the job description and my background. This went well and I was passed onto the hiring manager two weeks later due to travel on his end. Phone interview was one-on-one and went well. Discussion was around consulting, Marsh and McLennan business model, offerings, and services provided to clients. The issue was the department I was interviewing on follows Prince 2 PM methodology and I did not have experience with this methodology, just PMI. This pretty much ended the conversation and was told they would not move forward.

Interview Questions

• What budget tracking systems were used for your largest project?   1 Answer

Insurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Norwalk, CT (US)).

Interview

I submitted a resume through the website and got an email a couple of weeks later saying that I had been invited to a video interview. Basically, I had to answer questions while looking into a webcam. You are given 30 seconds once you see the question to prepare your response, and then 2 minutes to answer. I thought that this was a weird, and very impersonal way of interviewing candidates. The traditional phone interview with real, human interaction is way better.

The worst part about the whole process is I took the time to complete the video interview and never heard back. It has been 6 months and not a peep. Very unprofessional and inconsiderate.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example where you had to solve a problem and what you did to solve it   Answer Question

Marsh & McLennan Companies Response

2 Apr 2018 – CHRO

I agree - if we never responded to you that is unprofessional and inconsiderate. I apologize on behalf of MMC.

Invoice Review Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbandale, IA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Urbandale, IA (US)).

Interview

I applied through the online application process. The talent acquisition specialist I worked with was amazing and kept me apprised of the status of the position I applied for and the next steps. All questions I had were responded to thoroughly and timely. The interviews were scheduled and communicated to me in advance and feedback was provided after the interviews.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that is relevant to this position?   1 Answer

Global Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (New York, NY (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

First, I interviewed with the Human Resources / Talent Acquisition recruiter. Afterwards, I interviewed with the hiring manager and discussed my experience. Later had my final interview via the phone interview with the leader of the department.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me how you have served as a change agent and describe any transformation projects?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (New York, NY (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

First step: phone interview with the HR person
    Second step: in person (panel) interview with three of the Directors and the Admin Lead.
    30 minutes with each of the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• 1. Time management, organization and prioritization
      2. A situation where you had to struggle and strive in your working life
      3. How do you to work and communicate effectively in an international and multicultural environment
      4. Why you are an asset for Marsh McLennan
      5. Technical skills MS Office, calendars, expenses track and reports   Answer Question

IT Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Louisville, KY (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I submitted a resume through the website and got an email saying that I had been invited to a video interview. I had to answer questions while looking into a webcam. Then I had a personal interview at the MMC location. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example where you had to solve a problem and what you did to solve it .   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.