Marsh & McLennan Companies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Marsh & McLennan Companies Interview Questions

Updated 28 Dec 2017

2.8

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Interview

Phone interview, then in-person. At the time of the in-person they asked if I'd be available to come back and interview with some other people, I replied yes. Left and never heard from anyone ever again. Followed up twice. Terrible when you are interviewing with HR for a job in HR

Insurance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Norwalk, CT (US)).

Interview

I submitted a resume through the website and got an email a couple of weeks later saying that I had been invited to a video interview. Basically, I had to answer questions while looking into a webcam. You are given 30 seconds once you see the question to prepare your response, and then 2 minutes to answer. I thought that this was a weird, and very impersonal way of interviewing candidates. The traditional phone interview with real, human interaction is way better.

The worst part about the whole process is I took the time to complete the video interview and never heard back. It has been 6 months and not a peep. Very unprofessional and inconsiderate.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example where you had to solve a problem and what you did to solve it   Answer Question

Invoice Review Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbandale, IA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Urbandale, IA (US)).

Interview

I applied through the online application process. The talent acquisition specialist I worked with was amazing and kept me apprised of the status of the position I applied for and the next steps. All questions I had were responded to thoroughly and timely. The interviews were scheduled and communicated to me in advance and feedback was provided after the interviews.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that is relevant to this position?   1 Answer

Global Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (New York, NY (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

First, I interviewed with the Human Resources / Talent Acquisition recruiter. Afterwards, I interviewed with the hiring manager and discussed my experience. Later had my final interview via the phone interview with the leader of the department.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me how you have served as a change agent and describe any transformation projects?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (New York, NY (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

First step: phone interview with the HR person
    Second step: in person (panel) interview with three of the Directors and the Admin Lead.
    30 minutes with each of the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• 1. Time management, organization and prioritization
      2. A situation where you had to struggle and strive in your working life
      3. How do you to work and communicate effectively in an international and multicultural environment
      4. Why you are an asset for Marsh McLennan
      5. Technical skills MS Office, calendars, expenses track and reports   Answer Question

IT Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Louisville, KY (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I submitted a resume through the website and got an email saying that I had been invited to a video interview. I had to answer questions while looking into a webcam. Then I had a personal interview at the MMC location. It was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example where you had to solve a problem and what you did to solve it .   Answer Question

Problem Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Jersey City, NJ (US)).

Interview

I applied to the position through their website and heard back from HR about a week later. The call was a brief phone interview followed by a HireVue video interview. HireVue is just a site you logon to to answer between 5-10 questions already selected for you. It is not a live video interview but when you are ready, you click Go, and have 2 mins or so to answer the question displayed. After the HireVue, I had 2 additional phone interviews - one with manager and one with a peer. After the interview with the peer, I was called in for an in-person with the team (not the hiring manager) which went great. A few days later, I was called for another phone interview but with a different peer in a different country. I was a little confused since I had already spoken to the hiring manager and met with their go-to/lead person who was local. Didn't receive feedback after that. Different culture afraid of newcomers co-located with the rest of the team perhaps?

Interview Questions

• I was asked on HireVue and again by 3 different people the difference between a LAN and a WAN. A very basic question... yet very important. I sensed a lack of communication between the team members.   Answer Question

Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (La Jolla, CA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

You go through a series of interview mainly, a screening then in person interview. Their HR is very professional as well as the manager and the director. You can tell that it's a really good company to work for and has a relax environment. They also have a good retention rate so it's definitely a good sign if or when you join the team.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies.

Interview

Met recruiter via a virtual job fair event which led to a request for an online recorded video interview. Questions are posted, you have 30 seconds to prepare yourself to deliver your response, then the recording starts...and your timer starts...you have 3 minutes to answer your question. There are no do-overs or second attempts. You do have the ability to practice with questions to get used to the format and being recorded...you can watch your response to see you you sound, look, present yourself before you do the actual interview. This is the first step and follow up meetings/interviews come after this. There is no job offer at the end of this (or rejection either)...just an email saying thanks for completing it. Expect to be contacted by someone later to discuss next steps.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Marsh & McLennan Companies (Norwood, MA (US)).

Interview

In person interview, the interview was at least a 30 minutes interview, Asked me a couple questions and I answered. I was called the same day to let me know that I was hired.

Interview Questions

• How would your peers describes you?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.