Marshall Wace North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Marshall Wace North America Interview Questions

Interviews at Marshall Wace North America

2.9

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marshall Wace North America (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Applied online. Phone Interview with HR. No more news after the call. They are looking for someone who really likes this position but not sstayshere for a short while then jump to other positions.

Undergraduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Marshall Wace North America (New York, NY (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

I went through the internship hiring process as a current undergraduate student. It consisted of a phone interview for 30 minutes that was very relaxed, and then a super day with 5 interviews. I was then interviewed a final time over the phone for 30 minutes as well.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in finance and why are you majoring in what you are majoring in?   Answer Question

Hedge Fund Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marshall Wace North America (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

This was a technical interview for a fundamental hedge fund position with some of the senior analyst on the investment team. Overall i thought everyone was very smart and professional

Interview Questions

• Pitch a stock that you like   1 Answer

Quant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwich, CT (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marshall Wace North America (Greenwich, CT (US)) in January 2009.

Interview

Had a full day of meeting people. Mostly soft questions about my education and prior experience. Very friendly office. The beginning of the day comprised of them showing me the office and explaining the firm culture. I was then given a few scenarios and asked to describe how I would tackle certain problems. I had a IQ-like test to complete and several afternoon interviews with various people. This day was followed up with two, more casual phone interviews in which I talked to senior management - they asked me general questions about my background, and were curious to hear detailed info on where I saw my career going. Over all a very interesting firm, I'd recommend looking at them.

Interview Questions

• Two ropes that take 30 minutes each to burn, but which burn at irregular rates. Using as many matches as necessary, how do you time 45 minutes?   1 Answer

Had a better offer from another firm.

Quant Analyst Interview

Interview

I was given a short phone interview that consisted nearly entirely of questions regarding data structures, algorithmic runtimes and statistical brain teasers. For example, it started with a question regarding my favorite data structure, to which I responded a binary search tree, which was followed up with questions regarding the runtime of inserting and deleting nodes in a binary search tree along with the runtime of those processes.

Interview Questions

• There are three ants each on their own side of an equilateral triangle. What's the probability that they will not collide?   Answer Question

Quantitative Software Developer Interview

Interview

Very shady/paranoid place (can't tell which one for sure). They seem to be stuck in the 20th century as they make you come onsite for a coding test, not sure if they have heard of things like coderpad/hackerrank. Coding test itself is structured as solve as many problems you can in an hour (I think there are 10 problems in total) in ide of your choice. Problems are a mix of leetcode easy/medium. You are allowed to use online sources but are told "we are going to monitor your session", whatever that means. I think I got 7 out of 10.

I initially "passed" the test and was asked to come back for first round of onsites. Initial feedback after the onsite was that we like you and want you to come back for another round of interviews. Within a week that feedback changed to "Oh coding test wasn't great and neither was interview".

They also brag about not using cloud solutions because they have the best homegrown infrastructure. The lack of transparency into the interview process and the way they go about rejecting candidates seems very sketchy to me.

Interview Questions

Interview

very positive experience, mutually beneficial. took ~2 months. had multiple phone and video interviews. everyone was humble and helpful. questions were mostly around aptitude and knowledge about markets, finance knowledge

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marshall Wace North America in December 2016.

Interview

It was a 30 min phone call interview. I found out about the opportunity online and e-mailed the recruiter. The application was a cover letter and a resume. The interviewer is an analyst who conducts fundamental research for the TOPS team.

Interview Questions

• Went through my resume, asked about my past research and work experiences   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marshall Wace North America (London, England) in February 2015.

Interview

It was a generally light interview, they mainly asked about past experience, what I was doing now, why I wanted to work for them. Pretty basic. However, it took them two months to get back to me and finally told me they went with someone else.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marshall Wace North America in February 2008.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward, both interviews I attented only involved answering very simple questions you'd expect in an interview, no sense of feeling grilled.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.