Cover image for Marston's

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Marston's Waitress Interview Questions

Updated 26 Oct 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7 of over 46 interviews

In Person33%
1.7
HardAverageEasy

Marston's

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marston's in Sept 2023

Interview

I was first contacted to come in to the pub to be interviewed by the manager, lasted around 15-20 minutes. After the interview I didn’t hear back till two weeks later where I was phoned and offered the position.

Interview Questions
  • What did I know about Marstons?
    1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lostock Gralam, England

Application

I interviewed at Marston's (Lostock Gralam, England)

Interview

standard interview questions nothing unusual for a waitress position. Just about dealing with dissatisfied customers, food, past experience, confidence, etc. standard waitress stuff that any restaurant would ask its fine

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chesham, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marston's (Chesham, England) in Sept 2020

Interview

Very informal which made the interview process more comfortable. A few questions to get to know you and a few questions regarding your availability to work to see if it suits what they are looking for.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Port Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marston's (Port Glasgow, Scotland) in Nov 2018

Interview

had a one to one type interview asked the basic interview questions and could tell I had the job at the interview which was good. Didn't feel under pressure and was quite relaxed

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Sidcup, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marston's (Sidcup, England) in Jan 2018

Interview

I arrived at my interview, where a few other people were sat. I was welcomed by two staff members who were really happy and talkative. A lady then come down who was also very happy and talkative to take us up for our interview. We sat down and was greeted by about 7/8 managers or so. They were all lovely and none of them made it feel to serious. We had to do a group activity with the other applicants to build a sky scraper out of paper & balance a ball on top. After that we had to do a ‘star of the show’ performance to show what the perfect waitress or waiter is. You could make a song up, a poem or even just draw a stick man & talk about it. The third task we had a interview where we all sat down with the different managers. The lady I had made me feel so comfortable & I was only asked 3/4 questions. I didn’t know how fun a interview could be till interviewing with Marstons! I was also offered the job next day which I am starting soon.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Stoke Climsland, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marston's (Stoke Climsland, England) in Dec 2017

Interview

lots of abrupt emails asking about my availability, interview took an hour. went through WOWs and upselling. not formal but not informal either. took a long time. asked personal questions. guessed my age. was creepy really.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marston's (Chester, England) in Jan 2017

Interview

Applied online, replying to a vacancy post, received an email 2 days later asking me to come in for an interview. Went in for the interview and had a simple chat with the General Manager, who asked me a few easy questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Popular Careers with Marston's Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Marston's? Share Your Experiences

Marston's logo

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

KPMG

Booz Allen Hamilton Recently applied and I've been referred for an interview! Any tips on interviewing with Booz Allen? And if I am being asked to complete clearance and background upfront, is this a good indicator for being hired?

1 Comment

Alex L.

Applied for a job a few weeks back, got a call from HR yesterday morning about an interview next week. She mentioned she'd shoot me an email with all the interview details, but so far, my inbox is empty. Assuming I'll hear from her early next week, is it normal for them to expect me to show up for an in-person interview on short notice, like couple days?

2 Comments

B2B Account Executive

Saw this on twitter. Questions to ask hiring managers/recruiters: 1.What typical challenges can someone in this position expect to encounter in this role and within the company ? 2.Could you detail the key objectives that a new hire should prioritize in this position ? 3.Which specific skills are crucial to perform successfully in this job ? 4.How does the company evaluate performance & success in this role ? 5.From your perspective, what is the most appealing aspect of the comp

3 Comments

Marston's Photos

+ Add Photo
Marston's photo of: Congratulations to our Pub Partner team at The Gun Inn - Findon for being crowned the Great British Pub of The Year 2022.
Marston's photo of: Proud supporters of NAW 2022!
Marston's photo of: Our Director of Property Andy, receiving the Special Recognition Award at the 2022 Footprint Drinks Sustainability Awards.
Marston's photo of: Celebrating our Q3 community teams successes across their sites. Congrats to all the winners!
Marston's photo of: Join our teams across the UK for a world full of variety and opportunity
Marston's photo of: Proud to be partnered with The Burnt Chef Project