Mavens Technical Architect Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Mavens Technical Architect Interview Questions

3.4

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Architect Interview

Interview

The interview process was just over a month in length. An initial phone interview is followed by an exercise that consists of building a solution and presenting to the Mavens staff. You definitely want to give yourself enough time to build something you feel proud about! It's a great chance to demonstrate value in a way that goes beyond answering "canned" questions. In my case, all went well with the exercise and I was given a chance to meet the team in Chicago. I can't say enough about how amazing the team is. It was clear after just a few minutes that Mavens is a place where people are truly excited about the work they do. An offer was extended and accepted!

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult or unexpected with the questions. Be prepared to provide details and context for projects you have contributed to.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Mavens

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mavens (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

I had an initial call to explore the process which was very well explained. I then had 2 weeks to complete an application in Salesforce which was then presented back to 2 technical mavens. The process continued with an interview with a director and then the owner of the business. The whole process was very thorough and gave me great confidence about the level of people I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• The questions and approach is designed to test the way you approach problems.   Answer Question

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marco Island, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mavens (Marco Island, FL (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Since I'm a returning Maven, it was an abbreviated process consisting of some emails and two phone conversations. I reached out to the Founder and expressed an interest in re-joining the team, upon which he set up a call with me. We a great conversation! He and the team then had some internal discussion. Then he set up another call with me, we worked out some specifics, and I received an offer shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions

• Given what you've experienced since being with Mavens, what have you encountered that can make Mavens better?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mavens (Leeds, England).

Interview

I applied at Mavens through an employee referral and the overall process took around 2-3 months.

As others have detailed I spoke to a few of the Mavens before being offered the chance to take the project test. You are given a project to complete that covers off a few areas of development on the Force.com platform. You are given around 2 weeks to complete the task and I took around the 20 hour mark to get a fully working, tested and polished system which you are then expected to demo.

The demo is with 3 Mavens who will assume the role of the client and will ask you a set of challenging questions around the design decisions you have made and also the functionality you are presenting (can it do this, what if I do that, have you thought of this etc.) which are all items you should be able to reason in getting based upon the spec. Use the prep and question time in the weeks before wisely.

The interview project is a very useful tool to help you understand what they are looking for in terms of personality and skills. Feedback is then provided which is very useful.

Interview Questions

• Project was provided that I was not aware of when entering the process and is time consuming. Make sure you are honest about the amount of time you will need and have at your disposal.   Answer Question

Technical Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Mavens in June 2012.

Interview

Mavens Consulting is a rare and special organization whose culture, climate, and clarity of vision is uniquely demonstrated by every one of the individuals I interacted with throughout the interview process. At each step along the way, and with each team member I met, their passion was evident in all they engaged in. People are genuinely the most valuable asset at Mavens, and excellence is inspired by a sincere commitment to and appreciation of each unique member of the organization. Correspondingly, their interview process is customized to suit such a culture.

You might look at the duration of my interview process and think it rather long, but a good half of that time was determined entirely by me for a hard-skills assessment type of project. Overall, the time taken to recruit a potential employee reflects the care taken with each candidate. Regarding my contact with Mavens personnel, responsiveness and courtesy were consistent and at a very high level. I had multiple phone conversations and emails throughout the process, culminating with several one-on-one in-person conversations, including the CEO. I say "conversations" because at no point did it have a "traditional interview" flavor. Rather, the whole process is designed to give both you and Mavens an good understanding of one another that is mutually beneficial.

To summarize, for me the entire recruitment process was only positive and meaningful. While I suppose that some may misunderstand their intent, I really don't see how Mavens could recruit much differently and remain the high-caliber organization that they are.

Interview Questions

• Which movie could I watch over and over, even starting part way through?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Mavens is conscious of sincere fairness and is therefore not prone to haggle. My advice would be to know what you want in the grand scheme of things and be direct and open about it. I trust that you'll be met with a similar openness and directness by your Mavens recruiter.

Technical Architect Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mavens.

Interview

The process is lengthy, involving several phone calls with members as well as a development exercise and consulting role-playing interview. From the start everyone was transparent and encouraging. Once it was all over, I was actually proud to have made it and I knew that I was going to be successful with Mavens.

Interview Questions

• It's general but the "why did you do it THAT way?" question is always tough. You know, as a developer, there were 12 different ways to meet the requirements and several that may have been better than what you chose.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was some negotiation. It was open, honest and low-key.

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mavens (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in March 2016.

Interview

Plenty of interviews, technical test and then some more interviews...

Definitely a very mature process to make sure you are a fit for Mavens and Mavens is a fit for you. This second part is really the important one and this is highlighted throughout the process.
    It is a very long process to go through but I think it is worth it.
    The technical test/task itself is not too hard and can be solved in a number of ways.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked remotely before and how did you like it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Mavens (London, England) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process took a bit more than a month to complete. I got a few calls with the individual responsible for the recruitment process to learn more about the business and what are the steps, and then had to go through a programming exercise that took about 20+ hours to complete. This process involved a few calls: to refine requirements, as well as one to show the final solution. Following this, I had the opportunity to chat with multiple Mavens to learn more about their role, the company, their opinion of the company. When all of this went successfully, it was all a matter of signing contracts and providing references.

Interview Questions

• Why would you choose Lightning to build this solution instead of Visualforce?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Mavens (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was quite long and exhaustive, but really good! You really have a real understanding of the company culture and how they work and they get to know how you work.

First step was a screening video call with the People Manager where you talk about your background, your professional expectations and interests and he tells you a bit about Mavens, its culture and values.

Then I had a second video call with a Solution Architect to go deeper through my CV, knowledge and experience and ask questions.

After this, you schedule a date with them to receive a practical exercise to be completed in 2 weeks maximum. I had holidays in between, but there was no problem with them to start with the exercise process after my holidays.

The practical exercise simulates a real project. There is a person acting as the client. You get requirements and then you start to design and develop the solution. It is not an easy exercise, so you need to spend quite time on it. If you are working full time at that moment you can imagine that you will spend your evenings and weekends working on this for 2 weeks. I have to say it was quite fun though, because it was really challenging and you are developing a real application.

When you finish it you need to present it to your customer and also to technical people.

I love this part of the interview process. It was tough but you can really prove what you can do and how you work. And it is like a real test of what you will do.

If you pass the practical exercise you are invited to meet some Mavens employees. In my case because I live in Europe I flied to London where many Mavens employees live to meet some of them and have conversations about the company, processes, and ask questions. For me this was very useful to ask all questions that I could have. They really care that you have a very good understanding of their culture, how they work, processes, etc. So that you can decide if they are a good fit for you. And they also get to know if you are a good fit for them.

The last step for me was an interview with Joe Ferraro, CTO. We talked about the company from a more technical perspective and also about my experience and what I was expecting from Mavens.

And finally, if you pass all the different steps you get an offer!

I’m quite happy with the process. You have the chance of prove what you can do technically with the real exercise. And at the end of the process you have a real feeling of how they work, their culture and values. The only thing is that it took a lot of time. For me it was more time than the average, it was more than 6 months and sometimes communication was not very fluid along the process.

Overall, a very good experience, and I’m glad to have joined Mavens!

Technical Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mavens.

Interview

An enjoyable interview process that allows you to showcase your skills that's required to carry out your day to day job. It was a long process but personally I think its a really good way to assess candidates especially when they are looking for high quality developers & consultants to deliver top notch projects. After the initial call, you are given 2 weeks to complete the mock project. There is a call at the start of the project with a Maven who assumes the role of client to discuss the requirements. Then you finalise the specifications over email in the next couple of days. On completing the project you are expected to present the solution to a few Mavens who question you about your design and choice of functionality and technique that was used to deliver the solution.

The reason I've chosen difficult for interview level is because the mock project took me over 40 hours to complete which was a bit tricky to accommodate while doing a full time job.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.