Maxim Integrated Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Maxim Integrated Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Maxim Integrated

3.2

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated (San Jose, CA (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview process was very cordial, I applied online received a email about a month later, emailed a few times was called in for a interviewed, was interviewed by the director of the department in addition to two of the employees. Lasted about two hours total, Very nice interview very polite great over all experience.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult question but asked about past experiences with analytics   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Maxim Integrated

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated.

Interview

The interview process from application to start date was five months. After applying I was contacted by a hiring manager within two weeks. We scheduled a phone interview two weeks later.

The phone interview lasted approximately 30 minutes and consisted of general questioning on experience and behavioral/process related scenarios. Toward the end of the phone screen, the hiring manager told me that they had a few more people to interview, but that I would hear from them soon.

Within a few weeks, I was contacted again and asked to come into the office to meet face/face. The first in-person interview lasted approximately two hours. The questions were very mixed in terms of difficulty and the hiring manager was well-prepared having several questions to fill the time. The fast pace and high number of questions added difficulty to the interview, as I was forced to think of multiple examples. Shortly after, I was contacted and told that they had narrowed the pool down to 4 and I would hear from them soon.

I was brought back in to meet the team a few weeks later. The interview was round-table style and for three hours I was questioned by 3-4 people. The questions in the prior interview were more difficult, but this interview was more stressful having 6-8 eyes on on for three hours straight. Before leaving, the hiring manager had strongly suggested that a future was in store for me at Maxim

I was contacted again and asked to come back in to meet the superior to the hiring manager. Unfortunately, the superior had to leave town the night before and could not be there in person. I had an hour long conversation with the superior via phone from a Maxim conference room. Then I met with the hiring manager again to discuss salary expectations/benefits/etc. To my surprise, we entered preliminary negotiations on the spot. The hiring manager was very honest and upfront with me, which I appreciated.

Within the week I was contacted and given a verbal offer. I verbally accepted the next afternoon.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected: If you were given a responsibility of fixing a complicated and broken process, having little to no prior knowledge/experience with the process, what is the very first thing you would do? Describe your approach. How would you guarantee a sustaining solution?   2 Answers

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated.

Interview

tedious but it all makes sense. the interviewer knows what she was looking for, she asked all valid questions. she was direct to the point, too. she gives detailed background of the role and the future job, and she explains the person she was actually looking for.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Maxim Integrated.

Interview

This the most weird interview I have ever given. The whole process took 4 months from the day of application and they interviewed me for almost 2 months. I was contacted by the hiring manager and was asked about my experience and education etc. I received a mail a few minutes later asking if I would be able to come in for an in person interview the next day. I informed them that it would not be possible as I had other work commitments. The hiring manager was really nice and we agreed on a date, the next week. I was asked to give a presentation on my recent analytical projects and the interview went well. However, after that everything went downhill. The hiring manager mailed to ask if I had some time next week for an interview with her senior manager and a company analyst, we agreed on a date. On the day of the telephonic interview one of the interviewers (senior manager) did not turn up and did not even inform me beforehand. That should have been a red flag but I dismissed the situation. I was emailed again asking if I could do another interview as the senior manager was sick the week before, I agreed. This time the senior manager was late and on top of that hadn't even looked at my CV (I was asked mundane questions about where I lived and what my educational qualification was). I found that highly unprofessional but I obliged. I did not hear from them again for more than a week or so until I received another mail asking for additional interviews, I should have said no at this point but I really liked the job profile so I agreed. I had three more telephonic interviews with three more managers (I was told by one that it is a yes at his end). The hiring manager mailed me a few days later to say that they were freezing the position for now and will contact me again. I do not understand how does it take them 2 months of interviewing someone to realize that they have to freeze the position. I would have appreciated if they would not have wasted such a colossal amount of my time (I was interviewed by 7 people over an extended period of 2 months) and decided their hiring policy beforehand.

Analyst Interview

Interview

A 10-minute phone interviewed first. Then I was invited to on-site interview with 5 interviewers. They were all friendly.

Interview Questions

• Why don't you want to be an engineer?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.