McAfee Interview Questions

Updated 18 Aug 2015

3.1

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

At first the standard telephone interview, in order to check if the candidate is suitable for a face to face interview. Then the second stage with the face to face interview. The face to face interview consisted of a quick tour of the building, showing all the facilities, then after a test.

Interview Questions

• I suggest to get ready for questions specific to the role.   Answer Question

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aylesbury, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at McAfee (Aylesbury, England) in March 2008.

Interview

After talking to the recruiter, and going through the usual "skills checklist" and "small talk" (personality assessment?), a phone interview (by the hiring manager) was conducted. The interview was mainly technical. After that, a series of interviews was booked (all during the course of one day). First, there was a C++ test (to be solved by developing software on a stand-alone computer), followed by a 1:1 with the hiring manager (of a technical background), then a 1:1 with the director for the division (the hiring manager's manager).

Interview Questions

• Can't quite remember. Everything was reasonable for the technical level they were hiring for.   1 Answer

Negotiation

As I already had an offer from another company at the time of the interviews, McAfee moved forward quite quickly, and made an offer on the next day, quoting they weren't interested in a "bidding war" with the other company.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAfee (Denver, CO (US)).

Interview

Online resume was submitted There was a Group interview One person asked the questions while the rest were silent observers The person who was asking the questions seemed to showcase his knowledge rather focus on the candidate The questions were easy for persons who are knowledgeable in Unix and perl

Interview Questions

• Technical questions Asked about automation and tool sets Knowledge of scripting- perl, Python etc   1 Answer

Unstable environment

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAfee (Saint Paul, MN (US)).

Interview

Phone interview + face-to-face interview. Nothing too tricky. Search google for software interview questions. Meet with the director for some communication software, then a senior software engineer for some basic technical questions. Then meet with a test software manager for some more communication questions. (The hiring manager was on vacation at that time)

Senior Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McAfee (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Interview process consists of following rounds 1. Telephonic: Technical and High level work exp 2. Inside office 4 technical rounds + 1 written coding test on pen and paper (familiar algo questions)

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at McAfee (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

Screening through phone, one to one, manger will take the interview, HR round & Offer, After joining background verification will be done. if there is any problem with the back groung verifiction then candidates will be asked to provide the documents

Interview Questions

• How to follow the process and if there is any divation in the process how and whom to bring notice   Answer Question

Negotiation

Candidates will be offered as per the standards in the industry

Cloud Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAfee (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through the company website and got a call in approximately 2 weeks. The first round was a telephonic interview which mainly concentrated on my previous projects. All the questions were related to academic projects and previous work projects. The second round was a technical interview on C/C++ programming language. All standard questions of which most of them are available in glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• All important concepts in C++ like exception handling, auto pointer, virtual functions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

I have received a call from HR and she set up a call from Hiring Manager. It was 30 minutes interview during which he asked most of the question from my resume, some sql questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at McAfee (Bangalore (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

First round telephonic discussion - 1 hour discussion on C/C++ and Linux OS basics Second round F2F, there are total three round, two technical round and one Managerial round. After that HR round. I got call for telephonic round and they forgot to call me. Then rescheduled and got call. After that for F2F they forgot to send Call Letter, suddenly called ask to come next day. After Three around of F2F interview HR came and asked to Fill up form and had HR interview, ask for Salary - Requested to send all documents early. And NOW they forgot to send offer letter

Interview Questions

• Very deep knowledge in C++ required. Tree implementation, BT to BST coding. C algorithms, mergesort coding   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAfee.

Interview

One Phone interview and In Person Interview. Questions were asked mostly from your resume and few behavioral questions. The phone interview was basic. In Person interview will be one on one or panel. Be thorough in what you have in your resume and should be able to exhibit team spirit and pro activeness.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.