McDermott Will & Emery Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

McDermott Will & Emery Interview Questions

Interviews at McDermott Will & Emery

2.7

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McDermott Will & Emery (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

i went in the office for an interview. it was very pleasant and i was asked several questions about my experience and what skills ive learned thus far in law school. the attorney interviewing me was extremely interactive and allowed me an opportunity to share what i felt was important

Intern Interview

Interview

You first should submit your resume, and then you get called to choose a time slot to interview. in the interview, it is just like a normal interview, fully prepare your resume and then you got it

Data Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McDermott Will & Emery (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I did a phone call with the recruiter and then an on-site. I was told at the on-site that a decision would be made a week after. However, the following week, the recruiter asked me to do a video call with another manager. After I spoke with the manager, the company completed ghosted me. I followed up a few times and there was no response. I was a bit disappointed that I took the time off to do the interview, and the company completely stopped responding. Very unprofessional and inconsiderate.

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McDermott Will & Emery (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Received an email to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of going over my resume, answering about seven questions, then tentatively scheduling in-person interview. Confirmed that and interviewed with the HR administrator and the head of the practice area. I rate the experience as slightly negative because the recruiter missed my first telephone appointment and followed up a week later to reschedule. They also never contacted me after my in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for MWE; why do you work in the legal field; what are some of your goals.   Answer Question

Staff Recruiting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McDermott Will & Emery (Washington, DC (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

30-minute phone interview with HR Manager based out of Chicago office. Stilted conversation, very formal, hiring manager clearly had not taken time to read my resume or do any research on my background (had never heard of my prior law firm, despite it being a fairly large firm). Did not open up opportunity for questions, which was odd.

Interview Questions

• What is your current experience managing recruiting teams?   Answer Question

Office Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McDermott Will & Emery (New York, NY (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

It went very well, the 2 interviews were very nice and really liked me. It was a chill experience they asked me about what office work I had done before etc. And do I mind overtime because sometimes the firm is back loaded with clients and cases etc.

Business Support Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McDermott Will & Emery (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Applied online, got an email a couple of days later to schedule an phone screening with the recruiter. Had the interview. Never heard back from the recruiter, even after following-up via email.

Interview Questions

• Description of experience, why McDermott, future aspirations, etc   Answer Question

Diversity and Inclusion Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McDermott Will & Emery in October 2018.

Interview

Within a week of applying, I was contacted for a phone screen for the following week. The interviewer was great and did a great job in explaining the position and the responsibilities. Post interview follow-up took several weeks.

Staff Management Role Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McDermott Will & Emery in April 2018.

Interview

The first was a phone screen with a recruiter followed by meeting with one senior management person. The next step was meeting many people over several hours. It was a very long day. Too long to interview well beyond the third hour. Everyone was polite and helpful at the office, and they had ordered lunch for me, which was very thoughtful.

Billing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McDermott Will & Emery (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

First a recruiter reaches out to schedule a phone interview, mostly basic questions about your resume. An in-person interview follows. If you do well a second interview is scheduled.

Interview Questions

• The in pers n interview is with the Accounting Director, she seems very friendly, until you start realizing she’s not listening. Shows interest but not 100%. Basic questions- experience, reason for leaving current job. Gives scenarios and.asks how you would handle.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.