McDonald's UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

McDonald's UK Interview Questions

Updated 13 Jul 2018

1.9

Cashier Interview

Application

I interviewed at McDonald's UK in October 2015.

Interview

This job was overall pretty easy to interview for after the application process it was only a matter of days before I was contacted for an in person interview

Interview Questions

• Have u ever worked in this industry?   1 Answer

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Junction, CO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's UK (Grand Junction, CO (US)) in September 2011.

Interview

Met with the old Manager, who was by far the best and answered a few questions she had. Then she had me fill out some paper work and review the handbook.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe yourself?   2 Answers

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at McDonald's UK (Seattle, WA (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

Simple & Easy. It tooks a week process. the Hiring manager called me and scheduled an interview. Then they made a decision right away after they interview me. Her & the store manager. They are very nice and super im very comfortable to speak with them.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in fast food?   2 Answers

Grill Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merced, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDonald's UK (Merced, CA (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

Interview was simple asked a lot of common questions like do u work well under pressure,do u like working in a team etc.

Interview Questions

• Do u work well under pressure?   1 Answer
    • Do u like to work as a team?   1 Answer

Online Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's UK (Liverpool, England) in April 2012.

Interview

The process was easy. Took around 2 weeks. I had a questionnaire to complete with about 30 questions, each ranging from everyday job scenarios to customer conflicts examples. I was invited to an interview with last 30 minutes including an OJE (On Job Evaluation). The overall process was easy.

Interview Questions

• Why work do you want for us? How long do you plan to be here?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's UK (London, England) in May 2013.

Interview

Fantastic process. They asked a lot of questions. Everybody was extremely nice and I really wanted to get a job there. There was only one interview, it was with two of their employees, one more senior than the other. The senior one asked most of the questions, while the other one asked a few questions. I hope this information helps.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McDonald's UK (London, England) in January 2013.

Interview

It was easy, only about 10 mins. She asked general questions and then what my schedule is like and thats it. I mean it's mc donalds so don't expect anything hard and you don't have to dress fancy like at all.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McDonald's UK in June 2012.

Interview

Although I had literally no sleep the night before, because I was so nervous, I found the interview to be quite smooth and all the usual questions you might expect came up. So it went well, and I am really happy that I worked there, but I probably wouldn't work there again, just because I would like to work away from the food industry.

Trainee Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's UK (London, England) in April 2015.

Interview

This involved 10 candidates going through several stages and tasks such as a walk around the restaurant, working on the restaurant floor and taking part in role play. For such a senior position, I cannot understand how the information they gained would result in a sound recruitment decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have had to work hard to get a result   Answer Question

Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McDonald's UK (London, England) in February 2014.

Interview

The recruitment process was short, sharp and efficient - making it ideal for undergraduates.

I applied online via the organisation's website. Following on from this, I attended an interview at the head office (London) with a senior manager and the current placement student.

The interview followed a competency-based structure and around 10 questions were asked. No curve ball questions, but you definitely need to research the company and have some good examples at the ready.

The two interviewers were exceptionally friendly and made me feel at home straight away. They gave me a tour of the office and were really informative about the corporate culture and what I could expect from McDonald's as an employer.

They also reimburse you for travel expenses.

I found out two days later that I had been offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Expect competency-based questions and have some good examples at the ready. Make sure you go in to detail and use the STAR method.

Every question will relate to the job description, identify the key skills i.e. data analysis, presenting etc and have some previous examples up your sleeve.

Please describe a time when you have had to present to an audience?
      - How did you ensure you communicated effectively with the audience?
      - What was the end result?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.