McKinsey & Company Implementation Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

McKinsey & Company Implementation Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at McKinsey & Company

4.2

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Began with recruiter asking standard FIT questions over the phone. Recruiter immediately scheduled a phone talk with a McKinsey alumni to practice a case interview and a phone case interview for the week after. They provided additional information through webinars. After the phone interview, was moved onto the first round onsite interview. Met with 2 consultants in the Boston office. Standard FIT question & case question during each consultant interview. Afterwords was not moved on to the final round.
McKinsey was extremely professional during the whole experience. Set up accommodations through every step of the process, and never delayed on getting back with responses.
Everything was standard for a McKinsey interview. Same questions for the implementation team as you would get for the generalist or strategy positions.

Interview Questions

• -Standard FIT & Case interview questions. Refer to McKinsey's website for examples.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for McKinsey & Company

Implementation Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company.

Interview

Initial call with HR, a practice case interview, a case interview, 3 rounds of in-person interviews. They also offer a webex seminar for tips on how to prepare for the case interview.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

One of the most fun interviews processes

This was my second time with McK - last time I get pass the final round.

phone screen + 4 rounds: phone screen then phone interview. Then a non-evaluative case interview on the phone (coaching session) then first round in person (2 interviews) and final round (3 interviews)

Interview Questions

• Case interview + situational based on background (how did you drive impact in X, or how did you coach Y, etc)   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Apply online -- submit resume
    Phone screen -- behavioral (30-60 minutes) (next week)
    Phone coaching session for case interview (60 minutes) -- 1-2 weeks later
    Phone screen -- case interview
    In-person behavioral & case interview
    In-person behavioral & case interview

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had an argument with a coworker   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you showed leadership on a topic   1 Answer

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Denver, CO (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Hands down, the most challenging interview process I've experienced outside of the military. Initial phone screener with a recruiter, followed by a practice case interview to gauge skill at business case analysis and provide feedback. This leads into a evaluative case interview (~30 min) and two different on-site interview rounds. My first round was with 2 consultants in Houston (1 in person, 1 by video conference). My second round was in Denver with e interviews (2 in-person interviews and 1 interview conducted by video conference). I have to give McKinsey props for providing feedback during the process and for making resources available for practice, including providing a "senior mentor" with whom I could ask questions and practice cases. I was very pleased with the process until the very end, at which I was told I didn't "wow" the final interviewers enough. All other rounds provided concrete ways to improve as well as tools to employ to build skills. I was disappointed to not get an offer, but I was hoping for more feedback than "you weren't very impressive." Clearly, that wasn't the case early on if I made it to the final round. The whole experience left a bad taste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• How would you change the US Navy personnel system to recruit and retain the best officers?   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Interview

Good interview overall. I had a couple phone interviews and cases, and then 2 in person interviews. The cases are difficult, but they tell you everything to expect.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe a time when you had a conflict with a peer in a team setting?   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The hiring process is really good and everyone you deal with is very respectful and wants to help you, no email goes unanswered in more than 24hours. The interviews are difficult and require a lot of preparation, and the process is as mentioned in other posts, it will be explained to you by the recruiter at every step. It's not about cracking the case, it's about demonstrating the skills needed to succeed as a consultant.

Interview Questions

• Cases and Personal Experience questions, the answer key is on the McKinsey website.   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Denver, CO (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

The McK interview process is very structured and unnecessarily long. I made it to the final round (3 total) and did well on 2/3 cases in the final round but didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• very structured, as you expect. PEI and Cases

Pros: The structure makes it predictable and there's plenty of resources to connect with people in the firm, online and books to prepare
      Cons: I noticed a change in attitude by the recruiter once I asked for feedback (almost defensive). I felt that they courted me along and I saw McK's true colors once they decided not to move forward. Ultimately the final offer decision is up to the Sr. Partner/Head of the practice for implementation. They also really do look for their list of top schools and you're likely to make it through if you if you perform the way I did. They do everything to try and mask this fact.   1 Answer
    • Case (the worst from my final round): An efficiency case about a metal extraction problem.   1 Answer

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (New York, NY (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and we had an initial conversation for around 45 mins after which I was scheduled for my first case interview over phone. After the phone case interview, I was invited for two in person interview which both included behavioral and case interview.

Interview Questions

• The cases were mostly operations based. They were not very complex but did require a good amount of analysis and math. Not very complex math, only basic but you needed to no more on what math need to be used rather than how it is to be used.   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McKinsey & Company (Munich, Bayern (Germany)).

Interview

Transparent and well-organized, friendly recruiters and interviewers during all interviews and the preparation phase, preparation for case interviews with a McKinsey consultant as coaching session available prior to interview day

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.