McLaren Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

McLaren Group Interview Questions

Interviews at McLaren Group

2.9

Partnership Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McLaren Group (New York, NY (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Several phone screens, multiple phone interviews and in person, informal interview. Various questions were asked, some high level some detailed regarding the industry and background of the candidate. Overall an underwhelming approach to interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Describe the Mclaren Group company   1 Answer

Software Engineer - Internship Interview

Interview

Applied on website, called from recruiter, invited to a interview centre which I couldn’t attend. I was offered a phone interview and then never heard from them. When I called the recruiter back they said they already found someone

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McLaren Group.

Interview

Pleasent and very professional experience. I was interviewed by direct supervisor as well as prospective team colleagues. I was also showed prospective office and had tour on the assembly lines. Very long, 2 month wait for outcome of the interview.

Decision Science Interview

Interview

Passed the first interview but decided to stop pursuing the internship before the second interview. The recruiter was unprofessional and first asked me to set up a time for an interview. However, he kept changing my interview time slot without consulting me. Finally, after changing my interview time slot twice, no one showed up to the interview! They low ball you and don't respect your time, even if you're potentially a worthy candidate. I decided to stop emailing the recruiter after this and accept an offer elsewhere.

HR Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at McLaren Group in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online, long wait after closing date. Was invited for a telephone interview. I was advised I would hear back the following week and did not hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work at McLaren?   1 Answer

Commercial Controller Interview

Interview

It took roughly a week. There was a telephone interview which was an hour long, followed by a face to face interview with the department head and the line manager

Interview Questions

• Automobile industry in the next few years? What do you think it would be like?   Answer Question

Zone Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McLaren Group (Woking, England) in November 2019.

Interview

They invited me in interview after one week from application. They contacted with me in email. They didn't inform me about my application after the interview. Still waiting for their call or email..no I'm not.

Interview Questions

• They asked general questions, about previous experiences. It was quite unprofessional, because they read the questions from they laptops.   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wokingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McLaren Group (Wokingham, England) in November 2019.

Interview

An online application followed by a telephone interview. The telephone interview was competent but they did not get back to me. In my opinion that is disrespectful so I do not recommend applying.

Aerodynamicist Interview

Interview

It was very long, with people attacking you all the time about things they were sure you did not know about, as well as many technical questions that are not worth answering

Interview Questions

• What is the level of crap you are willing to take working here?   Answer Question

Change Control Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woking, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at McLaren Group (Woking, England) in October 2019.

Interview

I actually applied for a different role but that role was no longer available. the recruiter then sent me this role (change control coordinator). it was a few emails followed by interview at mclaren technology center.
    The interview itself didnt go well. i had two people interviewing me and they both didnt look interested at all in me. one of the guys left his phone on the table and it constantly was buzzing. surely he should have put it on silent and in his pocket. the same guy just looked at me with no emotion for 1st half of interview and then finally started to ask me questions. it was a bit creepy. the main interviewer was a head of department and he kept asking me the same question but in different ways. felt like he was trying to catch me out. body language of them both dropped massively when they realised i wasnt the right fit. wierdly he told me as i am a newbie i wont get a parking space.

if travelling by train, keep a look out for the bus times to get to mclaren. or use their shuttle bus (which wasnt mentioned to me). also to actually get inside mclaren itself it is a long-ish walk like a maze so leave yourself plenty of time before the interview starts. also to mclaren, try to leave a glass of water on the table for everyone.
    and i didnt find it professional when this head of department swore in the interview. he didnt swear at me, but said the f word in a sentence.

Interview Questions

• talk me through your experience   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.