MedImmune Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

MedImmune Interview Questions

Updated 2 Jul 2018

2.8

Assistant Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MedImmune in August 2013.

Interview

There was a phone interview with more general questions about my resume and background done by an independent recruiting company who did not have a science background followed by a full day in person interview where I gave a seminar on my research in addition to speaking with several people in the group.

Associate Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frederick, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MedImmune (Frederick, MD (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online and the hiring manager emailed me to set up a phone interview for the following business day. The phone interview was not difficult, it was a straightforward discussion of the position and my qualifications. One week later the HR department scheduled a phone interview which consisted of basic questions about my background.

Two weeks after that I had an in person interview and met with 5 high ranking individuals in the department for a half hour each. These were all behavior based questions, most of them asking to describe obscure situations.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you tried to solve a problem where the solution caused more problems than before.   Answer Question

Associate Scientist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MedImmune in November 2014.

Interview

The job was listed on LinkedIn, and I applied on the company website (a few questions and a resume). Three weeks later, I was interviewed over the phone which had me repeat the bullet points on resume and answer a question about integrity. I was then sent a more in-depth application to fill out on their website.

Associate Scientist I Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MedImmune in June 2009.

Interview

There is a phone interview with hiring manager, and then have an interview with the team and HR.

Associate Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD (US)).

Interview

HR phone interview screen, followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager a few days later. The actual in person interview was almost a month later and 5 hours long. I thought the long interview was slightly unnecessary, some of the people I had to meet with were recent hires who were fresh out of college and didn't really know what to ask me. The rest of the interview was pretty typical- some STAR type questions and some about technical skills, past experience. The people were nice and interview wasn't too stressful. The complain I have is about Medimmune HR or whatever company they outsource recruiting to- they are terrible about providing candidates any sort of feedback post-interview. Most other big firms I've ever interviewed at, at least had the courtesy to follow up with an email or a letter that I didn't receive an offer, I didn't hear anything back at all, except for 5 months later when my status on the applicant website was updated to say the position was no open. Definitely not the right way to treat candidates when you're in the biotech world and trying to recruit the best, and not the best way to build a company's image or impression.

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

HR screening interview, followed by 30-minute informal phone interview with hiring manager. About a month later, I was brought in for a full day of in-person interviews (approx. 10). Many of the same questions were asked repeatedly, but overall the interview was not difficult. There was a combination of behavior, personal experience, and theoretical questions, but the majority of the interview was more laid back conversation. The day was long, but the interviews were not stressful. I did not hear back for about a month and a half, despite having followed up, which led me to believe I was no longer in the running. However, I was eventually given an offer, which I accepted. The process was long, but the actual interviews were fair, stress-free, and informative.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you know you are right about something but your co-worker disagrees with you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

I enjoyed the process-- It was well organized, structured entire-day event. I went through HR phone screen, phone interview with hiring manager, and then on-site interview in that order. I met with a mixture of people, ranging from junior scientists, to senior and principal level scientists, to vice president of the group and had to give a 45-min presentation on my research work. I am coming in directly from graduate school (PhD), with no postdoc, therefore I am not necessarily a good fit for the Scientist I position (which requires a postdoc). The position I applied for, was very relevant to my field of work, therefore I felt very comfortable talking about it. I didn't want to do an academic postdoc, and therefore this is a good way to get a foot into the door, if the goal is to move into the pharmaceutical industry. People were friendly, engaging, supportive and easy to talk to and accessible. I had a positive vibe after the day and saw myself working with the team.

Interview Questions

• What are your accomplishments, what work did you do, day to day activities, relationship with mentor? How did you manage to solve a research problem (troubleshooting)? If there was a conflict with someone you worked with, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate modestly-- I am new to this process, therefore I didn't want to seem too aggressive. But they offered me the salary range I wanted after one round of negotiation, and I was very satisfied.

Associate Scientist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MedImmune (Mountain View, CA (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

started with a phone interview with the recruiter followed by an in person interview. Then phone interview with supervisor. Then a half day interview with several people. There was no explanation as to who these people were and how I would be interacting with them. Two people did not even bother to show up for the interview.

Interview Questions

• About my work experience with certain types of assays   1 Answer

Interview

A full day of interview and the process takes a long time. It took over 3 months from when I applied to when I received an offer. The offer was pretty non-negotiable as they were not willing to budge on price.

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MedImmune (Gaithersburg, MD (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

HR asked to choose a time for phone screening and HM called about technical questions. Onsite interview includes a 45 min presentation and one to one interviews. They are all very nice people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.