MediaMath Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

MediaMath Interview Questions

Updated 8 May 2018

2.9

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Was contacted by a London based HR employee. Scheduling w her was difficult to say the least as she'd reply w/her availability multiple days later.
    The 1st Rd was easy; standard first round questions, salary range, next role you're seeking, talking about your experience, etc.

Scheduling and communication regarding the next round was a very disappointing experience to say the least and ultimately the reason I was turned off from proceeding further. Scheduling questions should be answered promptly, especially if the candidate? is being extremely when their timetable.,

Marketing Engineer Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

There is a four(ish)-step process and it is roughly detailed on the company website. With your initial application documents, you are asked to research an industry trend. Afterward are online assessments (reasoning + personality), video interviews (included time-limited prep + answer) and the process concludes with an on-site presentation. The interview process is lengthy, but overall it makes sense and seems well-designed to engage you with the company/industry prior to taking the position. Brush up on behavioral questions; they heavily emphasize personal motivations and research skills.

Engagement Director Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath.

Interview

Multiple interviews with members of the engagement team. I spoke with 8 different people of which only 1 was a senior member of the team.
    HR was very disorganized, at one point I noticed that they were using an old resume from a previous application from 5 years ago.

Interview Questions

• If a campaign is under performing what types of data can you use to optimize   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath.

Interview

I was reached out to by a recruiter multiple times to interview. After multiple rounds of phone screens, and multiple rounds of projects, I waited to hear to hear back from the recruiter. I waited, and waited, and finally about 2 weeks after the interview, I reached out, and, the recruiter said they decided to go another way without any feedback. They should at the very least have the common courtesy to communicate in a timely fashion whether you made it to the next round or not. Very poor coordination and communication in their recruiting department!

Interview Questions

• How would you manage an employee that was not performing well?   Answer Question

Senior Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

The initial application and phone screen was quick and painless. The initial screen was with a contact in London, who then relayed back to the San Francisco office. Scheduling this 1:1 with the supervisor in SF was easy, but then this contact missed the meeting. After rescheduling, the contact that performed my interview called me from a loud airport where a kids screamed from the other side. The contact didn't know what job I was interviewing for. After following up with the contact in London and confirming a meeting time, this meeting time was also missed. All together, 5 weeks of wasted time and effort.

Marketing Engineer Program MEP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview was a four-step process and is described in their MEP info area on their website. The reason this was a negative experience was that I got notified I got to the fourth stage the same day the interviews were supposed to be held. Unsure if this is how they work or if something is lacking in HR. After the interview I was notified that I would be let known if I received the position in 1-2 weeks, 3 weeks later I sent an email asking about the job and was told that I would be notified at the end of the week. The program was close to starting and I still was never notified. The interview process took around 2 months and I was hoping to get at least feedback as to why I was not fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the questions were based on how well you worked in groups   1 Answer

MediaMath Response

5 Apr 2018 – MEP Program Manager

So sorry to hear about your experience! With just a 6% selection rate, each program receives hundreds of applicants and it can take us up to a few weeks to review and make a thorough and complete... More

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I had a great experience interviewing with MediaMath. I was first contacted by a recruiter and had a phone screen, then a phone interview with the hiring manager. The final round was an in-person interview at their headquarters at 4 WTC. The on-site interview consisted of 5 interviews with members of the team (a mix of product managers and engineering). Afterward, had a 10-minute wrap-up chat with the recruiter, followed by a tour of the office, which spans two floors. The final stop was their well stocked kitchen, where I was offered a snack and a drink for the trip back. All of the people I spoke with in the interview process were awesome and friendly, and seemed genuinely interested in my experiences and what I was looking for in my next role. I was asked both challenging questions as well as questions for them to get to know me better. This was definitely one of the best interview experiences I've had.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a time when you disagreed with engineering. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MediaMath.

Interview

I applied on the website and then contacted by a recruiter. Had a very short phone call with the recruiter with some background questions. And the he scheduled a 30-minute technical phone with the VP Engineering for me.

Interview Questions

• Why left the previous company? if would like to relocate   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MediaMath in November 2017.

Interview

I was reached out to by a MediaMath's Recruiter via LinkedIn for a Sourcing role on her team. I appreciated the reach out and have heard great things about MediaMath so I was opened to the initial conversation. The Recruiter was very responsive up until after a mutually confirmed date and time to chat at the end of the week. Since we agreed on a time that was during regular working hours, I had to duck out for a call while at work. This was not an issue at all if the call actually happened. Except very unfortunately, I was stood up. Being in Recruiting myself, I understand that last minute fires can come up so I waited until 20 minutes into our scheduled time to chat to reach out to via LinkedIn. I left a polite and professional note while thanking her still for her time and suggested maybe we can reschedule to the week after. Although I saw my note on LinkedIn was read by her two hours later, I never got a reply. It has now been two weeks since this incident. I have never heard back from the Recruiter. I'm quite baffled at this terrible candidate experience, especially since I was reached out to first initially. This is one the absolute worst things any professional in Recruiting can do to candidates.

Interview Questions

MediaMath Response

5 Dec 2017 – Director, Recruitment

We do our best to respect interviewers’ time and sincerely apologize for this mishap. We have learned a lot this past year in light of our accelerated growth and will continue to strive to do better!

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath.

Interview

Interview process was very efficient, with HR getting back to me within 2-3 days after each round. Interviewers were friendly and communicative. Never felt like they were trying to trick/stump me. They expressed genuine interest in my past experiences and would build their following questions off of my answers. Seemed like they had a clear idea the kind of candidate they were looking for and what kind of person would be suitable for the company culture. They tried to tease that out of me - my personality, work style etc.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.