MediaMath Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

MediaMath Interview Questions

Updated 15 Nov 2018

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I was contacted by a MediaMatch recruiter via LinkedIn and we quickly scheduled a phone interview with a team lead. The phone interview was pretty normal, although maybe slightly lighter on heavy technology compared to other technology companies.

I had an in-person interview soon after and generally enjoyed myself and had great conversations with the interviewers. I met with 4 different interviewers and the internal recruiter and the interview took roughly 3 hours.

Everyone was very polite and made sure I was comfortable and well hydrated. Thanks!

However, I then heard nothing from the company afterwards. Not a yes, or a no. No feedback, no "thanks, but no thanks". Not even after I emailed the company to ask for an update.

I understand that some people don't want to deal with delivering bad news and find it uncomfortable, but come'on...you must be rejecting more people than you extend offers to, so you should have had plenty of practice with it. I personally find it extremely rude and inappropriate not to have the decency of letting people who've spent hours talking to you know about your hiring decision. Reputations matter.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath (Cambridge, MA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

Recruiter (Annmarie Riccio) was very efficient and communicated extremely well. I couldn't ask for more. She would follow up minutes after an interview ended to check in, and this was a major help. The interviews themselves were challenging but a good match for my abilities. I had interviewed at Google, Palantir, Dropbox, and Evernote, but I got rejected from them largely because of weak system design knowledge. The MediaMath interview was about as difficult as my Twitter interview, but the opportunity with MM was to join a recently acquired team of Akamai veterans to build a new Data Products team from scratch. It was an incredible opportunity to learn from the best and take significant ownership early on, and combined with how positive everyone I met was about working there, I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Design the data model for a Twitter clone and explain how to scale it.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

A very good and well planned interview process. HR and recruiter will remain in contact with you during the entire process. Will walk you through entire stages and will be very friendly.

Interview Questions

• DataStructure, Algorithms, Implementation   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

The process was relatively quick. After an initial screening of my eligibility, my experience was evaluated by the lead engineer. I then spoke with several team members for about 30 minutes each. The level of technicality in the questions varied based on the member. After this, I received my offer. Everything was very smooth, and every email was promptly responded to. Overall great experience. I went into it without too many expectations and they really sold me. I felt very comfortable, and now I'm excited to work.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some pretty in depth questions about a coding project I had previously done. I basically walked them through the whole process of my own thought process and development of the project.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I wasn't given too much time to make my decision on the offer. I was able to extend it out to a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

The recruiter was extremely unprofessional. I had to reschedule my first screening interview two times because I did not get a call at the scheduled time and they did show any respect for my time by notifying me of this in advance. On the third time, I finally got a call and had a basic screening interview to go over my experience. Got a second interview with someone on the team I would be on and went over some more stuff about my experience and they asked me a few conceptual programming questions and stuff about their advertising system. Thought it went well, but then I heard that they were not continuing the process. Was a pretty poorly organized process and would not recommend to other people.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath in March 2016.

Interview

Firstly asked me what I did before, most of them are on my resume. I talked about my projects and some of the technical details of them. Then we start an technical interview session with a lot of discussions. It's really helpful and friendly interview.

Interview Questions

• Find all values in a list of integers that sum equals k   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

I went through three rounds of interviews:
    1) simply phone interview with team leader
    2) coding challenge (took around 4hrs)
    3) 1hr interview with 3 different team members

I felt good about the interviews, however, after this entire process I got an email telling me that the position was terminated for budgetary reasons. A waste of both of our times.

Interview Questions

• Code a simple server to accept a post request and do some data processing on the string in the body.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied the job online and received an phone interview invitation from a senior software engineer. It's a 15 minutes interview about your resume and project experience. Then I received a code challenge and the due is next week. Next round will be a video interview with the team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Pleasant team, bad experience with recruiter and very low salary - ultimately a waste of time. I would not recommend interviewing with this company.

I was slightly concerned when I had several rounds of phone interviews (speaking with nearly the entire team) without any technical portion. This was followed by a coding assignment, and an in-person interview with no additional technical questions. The in-person interview was largely a repeat of the phone screens I had already done.

Throughout the process, the recruiter was consistently unable to answer basic questions. I had given the recruiter a desired salary range at the beginning of the process which was evidently ignored. I received an offer significantly lower than what I had stated - ridiculously low for an engineering position in NYC. I was told that the company was unwilling to negotiate or to match other offers. The recruiter chose to waste the time of everyone involved in the process by not informing me early on that the company could not pay in the range I was seeking.

Interview Questions

• Largely questions about prior work experience and to describe certain technologies I had worked with   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MediaMath.

Interview

I applied on the website and then contacted by a recruiter. Had a very short phone call with the recruiter with some background questions. And the he scheduled a 30-minute technical phone with the VP Engineering for me.

Interview Questions

• Why left the previous company? if would like to relocate   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.