MediaMath Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

MediaMath Interview Questions

Interviews at MediaMath

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

MediaMath had a total of 3 interviews. The first two were screening interviews to check for my interest in the company and overall competency. This went well. The final interview was a 3 on 1 technical interview. The technical interview was digging into more what I've done than what I know. There wasn't quiz questions like 'What's the difference between a dict/list in python' since it was on my resume - rather the interviewers were interested in the scale of deployments I had conducted.

Interview Questions

• How many servers have you deployed code to with a single trigger?   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath (Raleigh, NC (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

The interview process was a bit of a journey. It was during the U.S. Thanksgiving/Christmas time of the year. That added gaps into the process that, most likely, wouldn't be there.

In hindsight I understand the questions better. Adtech is a different mindset. Not the traditional software development. Agile, yes, but what the software needs to do is quite different from a traditional business application. Most engineers come from other disciplines and need to learn/re-learn about Adtech. With that in mind, you need to be a flexible, self starter that naturally likes to learn new things on your own. There is a lot of new things to learn in Adtech.

HR phone screen with a very pleasant individual. Whatever I said must have sounded like the kind of person MM wanted.

Interview with technical VP. This was more technical with "how would you solve this kind of problem" to check problem solving abilities. If that goes ok, then a coding homework assignment you have 3 days to complete. If the submitted code looks interesting, a series of 3 interviews with technical team members. Lastly, an interview with the hiring manager. MM separates tech managers from people managers. The hiring manager is a people manager.

By the end of that, I think we both knew I wasn't right for that job. I let the HR person know that I didn't think I was a fit.

However, the hiring manager suggested I might fit better with a different job posting.

One more video interview with a lead engineer on a different team. This was more informational than being asked questions.

Just before Christmas I was offered a Senior Software Engineering position.

Interview Questions

• Given all of the words in the Oxford English dictionary, describe an algorithm that would find all of the anagrams of a given word. E.g. cat: act   Answer Question

Director, Product Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by HR via LinkedIn. First interviewed with HR, then VP of Product, VP of Design, and various PM's and Devs on the team I was hoping to work with. My last interview was with CPO. All of the interviews were thoughtful and conversational and I could tell being collaborative and fearless was important.

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews, each lasting about 45 minutes. The recruiter demeanor was very much positive, telling me how perfect I would be for the role. I was told there was some reorg, so it may be different teams by the time I started. The second phone interview, I was told to apply for new business because my skill set matched up with it best over Existing Business. Again, very excited emails (lots of !!!! in the emails). I come in person, and the first person cancels because he is sick (morning of), and the second person is 15 minutes late). Questions were not relevant to my job, literally asking me about something in my career from 7 years ago in a completely different field. After all of this, I did not get friendly replies, just a very short (thank you for the follow up, will be in touch). At that point I knew I didn't get it. The follow-up was that they went with people with more relative experience. When I asked why I was told to apply to this role where I was a "perfect with with perfect experience", they said "things changed on our back end". Don't lead your candidates on, this is unprofessional, and a waste of our time.

Interview Questions

• Give me a thorough description of the job you did in 2012, and walk me through the details of these finance terms.   Answer Question

Senior Programmatic Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

It started with a supply path analysis, and then proceeded into one-on-one's. The interviews were all stacked back to back, and generally, the interviewers worked off a common bank of questions - so coming with relevant examples to describe challenges overcome or working with clients is likely key.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you had to synthesize reporting across multiple platforms in order to diagnose and fix an issue with a campaign.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I was recently offered a position at MediaMath and gladly accepted. The interview process was extremely well organized and efficient. I was given step by step instructions for each interview that was set up. I had 2 video interviews, and then was asked to come in for a 3 hour in-person which included a presentation session. The interviewers were extremely friendly and asked just the right questions. I felt comfortable and left with a positive mentality each time.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

I had interviewed with 8 different individuals on the team. It was apparent that the department(company as a whole) considered the role/cultural fit very importantly.
    Started with the general information and i was asked some technical and behavioral questions. All interviewers were SMEs and provided questions politely. Recruiting coordinator was also helpful in calming the nerve before the interview began. Overall it was challenging but helpful experience for me to know about the position and the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think that you are a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted for a phone screening with HR and asked to complete an assignment (analyze data + create presentation). Submitted my assignment for review and was contacted to come in for an in-person interview. In-person consisted of presenting the results from the assignment and meeting 1 on 1 with team members. Following the in-person I was contacted to do a video call with my potential director. HR contacted me by the end of the week to present an offer.

Lead Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Applied to this job posting via Linkedin and had my initial screening with the MediaMath recruiter. The recruiter was very knowledgeable on the role, team and company. Next steps involved 1:1 video call with the Director of the team followed by an invite to a on-site interview with the manager of the team and 2 other team members.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would I handle blocker issues involving top client
      Q: What is my knowledge of SQL
      Q: Which type of troubleshooting tools do I use and for what reasons   Answer Question

SRE Engineering Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MediaMath (Phoenix, AZ (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Initial screening and then a panel interview on video conference. Delivery and Tech questions.

I did pretty well but somehow they decided to not to go with me and not sure why.