MediaMath Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

MediaMath Interview Questions

Interviews at MediaMath

Senior Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

HR from London emailed for time slots. Provided 5 slots. She responded “I’m London, provide London hours”. Provided 5 more London times. Nothing worked. Fast forward to the call - within 5 mins asked how much I want. The difference between what she recommended and what I said was $2k, a difference I said I’m flexible with. She said they can’t give $2k extra and hung up. WTF ! Show some respect to a candidate. You’re wasting their time! Last time I ever wanted to work with them. Never again. Zoe Lloyd.

Interview Questions

• 1. What are you looking for ?
      2. What’s your expectation ?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath in December 2018.

Interview

The whole process took about 3 weeks from the date of application to the date of offer. I initially had a phone interview, followed by 2 video interviews, and and 2 onsite interviews. The day after my second onsite interview I got the call telling me that I got the job, and I accepted the offer. What I did appreciate about MediaMath in the interview process was their transparency and how respectful they were about my time. Even though I went through several rounds of interviews, I did feel that the process was expedited and I was not left with extended periods of time where I didn't hear any updates from anyone.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

The process took 3-4 weeks and consisted of 5 interviews (2 phone, 2 video, 1 in-person panel interview with the entire team). My overall experience with the interview process was positive and MediaMath seems to do a thorough job when seeking out new candidates. I ended up accepting the position and have been very happy so far, great company!

Vice President Product Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview process spanned over three months (my choosing to go slow due to obligations at current job) and included a preliminary call with the recruiter, followed by a phone screen with the Hiring Manager. Then via Videoconference senior staff in operations and engineering, after which I was brought onsite for a full round of interviews, this was an all day affair (10am-5pm). It included interviews with Senior staff in Product, Operations and Engineering followed by a presentation with Q&A. Although the interview process felt lengthy, I enjoyed talking to the broader team and learning about the company and the PM culture at Media Math.
    The interviewers were friendly and kept you at ease through the interview process. Most of the interviews were design/case based and some even involved current problems that MediaMath is dealing with. Each of the interviews focused on an area of competency (Analytics, Technical Skills, Strategic thinking) and the interviewers would often pivot to test the depth of your thought process and cultural fit. Although the process took the entire day, it gave me an opportunity to meet with a fairly diverse group and get a good sense of what it's like to be a PM at MediaMath. The team was super friendly conversationalists and VERY VERY focused on culture. Each person that I met was very candid about the current challenges and that they were looking to improve the culture.

Interview Questions

• There were some very specific scenarios posited with regards to strategic decision making, priority setting, team dynamics and resource contention? How would you clarify roles and reporting responsibilities and ensure that the production roadmap was clearly aligned with strategic business priorities and well communicated to all levels of the company?   Answer Question

Sales Operations Associate Interview

Application

Interview

I had an initial call with a member of the HR team, which was followed by a call with the director. I was then brought into the office to meet with the director and another member of the team. I had a final video call with a team member in another office.

Everyone I spoke/met with was very nice, helpful, and seemed interested in making sure I was a good fit for the role and the company culture. They were also very flexible while working around my preplanned vacation. Very good experience.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very straight forward about my experience, skills, and how I would fit into the company's culture.   Answer Question

Specialist, Programmatic Strategy & Optimization Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Overall, had a great sense in communicating with HR and the interviewers. Contacted by HR shortly after applied, and was presented with case study and presentation with 4 interviewers at NYC office. Had a great time learning more about the role, the office, the duties, and the people.

Interview Questions

• What are some activities or personal hobbies not listed in your resume that you feel is relevant to this position?   1 Answer

Marketing Engineer Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

There is a four(ish)-step process and it is roughly detailed on the company website. With your initial application documents, you are asked to research an industry trend. Afterward are online assessments (reasoning + personality), video interviews (included time-limited prep + answer) and the process concludes with an on-site presentation. The interview process is lengthy, but overall it makes sense and seems well-designed to engage you with the company/industry prior to taking the position. Brush up on behavioral questions; they heavily emphasize personal motivations and research skills.

Engagement Director Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath.

Interview

Multiple interviews with members of the engagement team. I spoke with 8 different people of which only 1 was a senior member of the team.
    HR was very disorganized, at one point I noticed that they were using an old resume from a previous application from 5 years ago.

Interview Questions

• If a campaign is under performing what types of data can you use to optimize   Answer Question

Director, Solution Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MediaMath (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Overall the process was quite thorough and involved a writing assignment as well as a final presentation. I believe it was helpful to go deep as it clarified roles and responsibilities for me and provided the hiring manager with ample opportunity to assess my skills and qualifications.

Interview Questions

• There were plenty of great questions asked, many of which assessed my hard skills as well as my soft skills.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath.

Interview

I was reached out to by a recruiter multiple times to interview. After multiple rounds of phone screens, and multiple rounds of projects, I waited to hear to hear back from the recruiter. I waited, and waited, and finally about 2 weeks after the interview, I reached out, and, the recruiter said they decided to go another way without any feedback. They should at the very least have the common courtesy to communicate in a timely fashion whether you made it to the next round or not. Very poor coordination and communication in their recruiting department!

Interview Questions

• How would you manage an employee that was not performing well?   Answer Question