Medtronic Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Medtronic Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Medtronic

3.2

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

pretty much just standard interview processes. not much different than others. you get phone interview to go over some basic questions, and then a week or two later you get invited to onsite interview with 3/4 people from different teams. then another week later you get called from manager for the decision.

Interview Questions

• some standard tech questions and software development cycle questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Medtronic

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

1. Prescreening - Ask you about your work status and schedule time for 3 technical assessment tests and for 3 interviews on the same day with 3 different managers.
    2. Assessment Tests - Coding, Testing and UI tests
    3. WebEx Meeting interviews - Three 45 min interviews with 3 managers. They ask about the projects on your resume, Situational and Behavorial Questions mainly. Minimal of Technical Questions.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I had applied online.I was contacted by a recruiter and scheduled for a set of interviews.But before that I needed to give a test on HackerRank.The test was ridiculous.3 tests each of 45 minutes based on coding,UI and testing.I didnt get through the test and didnt have the rest of the interviews.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through university career fair. There are three stages:
    Phone Interview - mainly resume based questions, was asked about experience with Java
    On-line Assessment - mainly objective questions, there were three parts - Java, User Interface, Testing. revise basic Java before appearing for the on-line assessment. User Interface and Testing questions were of medium difficulty level.
    On-site Interview - Three on on one interviews, about 45 minutes each. Difficulty level is average.
    Got rejection e-mail after couple of days. Overall neutral experience.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Phone interview was as any phone interview. They start with you telling a short blurb about yourself, what you've been up to lately, who you are, the usual. The technical part of the phone interview were general questions about Java (this position was a Java developer position). I did really well at this point because it was basically very conversational and I know Java really well. This was a conference call with me and 2 others. The next step was the coding interview. This was done online where we shared the screen and had video/audio. The software they used was horrible. There was a large delay on my keystrokes, which was so distracting, and basically reduced my control over my input. Image trying to type and backspace and the keystroke taking 1/2 a second to respond. Also there were issues with video and audio cutting out. At first connect the interviewer couldn't hear me, so he called me. Then he suddenly could hear me, so he switched back to the computer. Then halfway through the video AND audio disappeared, so he called me again. He repeatedly apologized and said the software was always like this! This was my FIRST EVER coding interview and I was so nervous to begin with, adding all this glitch to it was just untenable. I could barely think and every time I wanted to make corrections to my code I had so much trouble with the keystrokes that it would delete the code I wanted, oh my gosh. So difficult. The worst part was at the end he LIED to me and told me I passed and that he would get me scheduled for the next interview. I knew it even as he was saying it that he wasn't telling the truth. I would have been just fine hearing "thanks we'll be in touch" but to be lied to is a whole different level of unprofessional. Especially when I didn't even ask. He just offered a lie. Wow. After a few business days of not hearing anything, I checked in with the recruiter and she told me I was passed over for someone with more experience. Ok, that's fair, but I could have performed a lot better without all the distractions of their weird coding interview system failures, and I actually would have been fine hearing that at the end of the interview, not a lie. I am actually really good at Java, but c'mon, FIRST ever interview and its like THAT? Also I am a new grad, so what level of experience are they looking for??? Look, I know I screwed up and my nerves got the better of me, but its best that anyone who reads this will be informed that its not the best interview process and you can't necessarily trust them. That sorta took all the sting out of the rejection anyway. If that person was my boss, how would I ever get any real feedback to grow with from him? He would always tell me I'm fine and then complain behind my back..... something to think about.

Interview Questions

• Difference between Java interface and "virtual" class, which I corrected to abstract class. What is OO programming, what does it mean that something is declared static, what is a design pattern. All the usual stuff. No tricks and nothing very advanced. Code part was Sieve of Erathamos (sp?) and reversing the letters only in a string with letters and "special" characters. I screwed up the first one from mind blanking hell, but got the second even compiled and got the right answer. Be advised he said it was ok to google for built-in functions but I am not sure that was really true. Its best to know them pat, or you might get dubbed as "low experience"   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.