Medtronic Biomedical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Medtronic Biomedical Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Medtronic

2.3

Biomedical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic in November 2018.

Interview

Two Round Interview Process with two phone interviews. The first round is general Medtronic and the second interview a hiring manager for a specific project will reach out to you?

Interview Questions

• What from your resume would you say your greatest skills are?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Medtronic

Biomedical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

They used the STAR technique for the questions. However, job seekers can also use the STAR interview method to prepare for behavioral interview questions. It is basic information on what you would do in certain situations.

Interview Questions

• If in a group there was a disagreement how would you go about it?   Answer Question

Biomedical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (Northridge, CA (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

A few weeks after applying online, I got a phone interview followed by an on site interview which consisted of an interviewee presentation and one-on-one 30 minute interviews with would-be coworkers. My presentation was questioned, but not aggressively attacked. Nothing too intense.
    Most of the employees were cordial. Actually, I probably asked more questions than they asked me. They appeared to be a little weary from interviewing other candidates previously. I also sensed some apathy; it felt like they wanted to do good work, but the red tape was just overwhelming.
    The interview lasted about 6 hours with lunch provided, and ended with a programming session in MATLAB and using some of their data. I don't think the results of the programming session are taken too seriously. They just want to make sure you are comfortable with some basic programming.

Interview Questions

• Before the on site interview started, the HR representative was insistent of me disclosing a previous salary and desired salary. I felt this to be rather pushy. I didn't encounter any questions during the actual interview that were too difficult. Much of the time was spent with the candidate asking interviewers about work-life balance, management structure, etc. One or two interviewers asked me about their products' limitations which I knew about from some previous online research. They also asked "why Medtronic?"   1 Answer

The offer was low by industry standards and for someone with the candidate's experience and degree level. They appear to base their salary offers on what the job requires and not the candidate's qualifications. My advanced degree and previous work experience were verbally praised, but they didn't want to compensate for it.The offer was firm; they were not willing to negotiate at all.
    During attempts at negotiation, the hiring manager didn't contact me. My interaction was with the HR representative only, which I found a little odd. Prior to the on site interview, the same HR representative was very pushy about disclosure of previous salary and desired salary.
    The offer was also declined because of limited prospects afterwards; the job didn't involve developing any skills which would be too useful for anything else either within Medtronic or outside.
    The overall impression that I get is that Medtronic Diabetes is trying to grow, but there is quite a bit of red tape and internal divisions within the company. Employees mentioned long hours, but I sensed that those hours didn't often materialize into productivity.

Biomedical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN (US)).

Interview

Received an email asking for an in person interview later that week.
    It was a 7 person panel. 1 HR, 2 managers, 2 senior engineers, 1 mid level engineer, and one junior engineer seated around a table, introduced themselves and explained the process and took turns asking questions about my resume, and then used situational questions. "Tell me of a time when..."

They were very friendly, and tried to make it a lot less stressful than it could have been.

Biomedical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Medtronic (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Half hour interview where they asked me four questions concerning past group work. Interviewer said he had five questions total and he would randomly choose 4 to ask me. No typical behavioral interview questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you worked in a group and you had to pivot the group's goal or focus near the deadline. How did you make this work? What steps did you take to ensure that everything would go smoothly even though you were rushed?   Answer Question

Biomedical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (San Luis Obispo, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

All STAR questions, interviewer even said it was just STAR questions. Over pretty quickly, and the interviewer was pretty quiet, just taking notes on his packet of questions. I didn't love the style of the interview, it felt almost robotic, but it worked out.

Biomedical Engineering Interview

Interview

Spoke with them at a career fair, then applied online. The online application was the standard resume, cover letter, and diversity questions. Was asked to do an on campus interview, but did not move forward. The interview had a mix of behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Showed me a circuit for a low pass filter and asked me what the corner frequency was.   Answer Question

Biomedical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Medtronic (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in June 2016.

Interview

Met with the senior engineer who was in charge of me during my internship. She asked about my previous research and project experience and gave me a brief introduction of daily duties.

Biomedical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2015.

Interview

Initially had a phone interview and then a face-to-face interview. Four people in the panel including HR. The interviewers were very friendly and nice. The interview was casual and relax and it went for 45 minutes. Mostly behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.