Find jobs for Clinical Research Specialist

Medtronic Clinical Research Specialist Interview Questions

Updated 13 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8 of over 1.2K interviews

Employee Referral17%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mounds View, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic (Mounds View, MN) in Apr 2021

Interview

Intense. Tough questions. The job description stated "0-2 years of experience", but the interview questions were focused on providing examples of specific experiences relating to the job. I was left feeling inadequate.

Interview Questions
  • "Give me an example of your experience with writing research protocols".
    Answer Question

Medtronic

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic in Dec 2020

Interview

Interview process was straight forward. Interview was a one-time occurrence with a 4-person panel. This is mid-COVID so it was virtual (Zoom). It was very casual and conversational. They had what they termed "game show" questions and each member of the panel took their turn asking. I rated the overall experience as negative, not because of missing out on an offer, but because the interview process coincided with their end-of-the-year two week shut down. They were wrapping up interviews the week I interviewed and then didn't communicate anything until two and a half weeks later. I was open in telling them I had another written offer pending and that I wanted to decided between the two (if there were two offers) relatively quickly. In terms of the interview panel, it was comprised of two Managers, one Principal Clinical Research Specialist and another Clinical Research Specialist. Everyone was very friendly and the interview had a good pace.

Interview Questions
  • Please tell us about yourself (the rest of the questions were very standard... they asked about strengths, lessons learned, etc.).
1 person found this interview helpful

Medtronic

Application

The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Medtronic in Sep 2018

Interview

This was the longest process ever (2 months in total). About 3 weeks after applying I was contacted via email to complete a lengthy essay-style escreen questionnaire. Then 3 weeks later I was contacted via phone (after 8:00 pm in the evening) to come in for an interview the following week. Once scheduled, I learned I would be meeting with several people (9 to be exact) in 2 30-minute panel interviews. Of course the interviewers were running late so I only really had about 20 minutes for each meeting which hardly seemed like enough time. The interview itself was not difficult but more intimidating as there were so many people involved, which seemed unnecessary as only one person was doing the talking and asking the questions anyways. I wasn’t able to ask any questions myself since time ran out and everyone had to hurry on to the next round of interviews. Two more weeks passed before I reached out to them to get an update in which I learned I did not receive the position. It would’ve been nice had they reached out to me first with constructive feedback instead of sending a generic email but probably a lot to ask of such a huge company that doesn’t have the time to follow up appropriately anyway. The time and effort I put into this process was not valued and feel there is room for improvement on how they treat their candidates, which is why I chose to write this review.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Medtronic

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Medtronic

Interview

It was the standard HR screen, phone interview, and then on-site interview. Really friendly staff and team members. The process took nearly 2 months, so if you want to work here, be prepared!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Northridge, CA) in Mar 2014

Interview

Pick the right recruiter and getting an interview will be faster. Only pick 1 because you will get disqualified if you get submitted more than once. The first step is a phone interview with the manager and then a group interview with the PI and the rest of the coordinators.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN) in Jan 2013

Interview

Interviewed with 5 people managers. They all have a set of ridiculous questions that really have nothing to do with determining your skill set. You are then rated. Very subjective.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you had to had to make a difficult decision and your manager was not around?

Anonymous Employee in Mounds View, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Mounds View, MN) in Feb 2011

Interview

The interview process was relatively straight forward. Medtronic flew me in and stayed at hotel near the Mounds View campus. I met first with the HR rep (who has been great); she asked some tough questions about my background, how I would deal with personality conflict, and how I would meld with the team. Then I met with the Director of the division, she was top notch, asked questions about my aspirations, goals, and what I wanted from the company. I then met with two other employees that further explained what responsibilities I will have gave me an abbreviated tour of the campus. The group has great chemistry and I feel very fortunate to be part of this group. Before my interview and even applying I downloaded the book: Get the Interview Every Time by Brenda Greene; this book was invaluable with me getting the interview and then getting the position. It was free on my kindle, not sure what it costs now. It had many of the tough questions verbatim (commonly asked by Fortune 500 companies). I was contacted two weeks later and offered a position with competitive pay and lots of benefits. It seems so far that Medtronic is going to be a great employer.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a project that failed and the lessons that you learned from it?
  • Explain to me a situation in which your business and personal ethics were challenged. Describe how you responded to it.
15 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in [location]

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic in May 2010

Interview

Through contract agency

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed