Medtronic Clinical Research Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Medtronic Clinical Research Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Medtronic

3.2

Clinical Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 people managers. They all have a set of ridiculous questions that really have nothing to do with determining your skill set. You are then rated. Very subjective.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had to had to make a difficult decision and your manager was not around?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Medtronic

Clinical Research Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic in September 2018.

Interview

This was the longest process ever (2 months in total). About 3 weeks after applying I was contacted via email to complete a lengthy essay-style escreen questionnaire. Then 3 weeks later I was contacted via phone (after 8:00 pm in the evening) to come in for an interview the following week. Once scheduled, I learned I would be meeting with several people (9 to be exact) in 2 30-minute panel interviews. Of course the interviewers were running late so I only really had about 20 minutes for each meeting which hardly seemed like enough time. The interview itself was not difficult but more intimidating as there were so many people involved, which seemed unnecessary as only one person was doing the talking and asking the questions anyways. I wasn’t able to ask any questions myself since time ran out and everyone had to hurry on to the next round of interviews.

Two more weeks passed before I reached out to them to get an update in which I learned I did not receive the position. It would’ve been nice had they reached out to me first with constructive feedback instead of sending a generic email but probably a lot to ask of such a huge company that doesn’t have the time to follow up appropriately anyway.

The time and effort I put into this process was not valued and feel there is room for improvement on how they treat their candidates, which is why I chose to write this review.

Clinical Research Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

It was the standard HR screen, phone interview, and then on-site interview. Really friendly staff and team members. The process took nearly 2 months, so if you want to work here, be prepared!

Clinical Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Northridge, CA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Pick the right recruiter and getting an interview will be faster. Only pick 1 because you will get disqualified if you get submitted more than once. The first step is a phone interview with the manager and then a group interview with the PI and the rest of the coordinators.

Clinical Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mounds View, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Mounds View, MN (US)) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview process was relatively straight forward. Medtronic flew me in and stayed at hotel near the Mounds View campus. I met first with the HR rep (who has been great); she asked some tough questions about my background, how I would deal with personality conflict, and how I would meld with the team. Then I met with the Director of the division, she was top notch, asked questions about my aspirations, goals, and what I wanted from the company. I then met with two other employees that further explained what responsibilities I will have gave me an abbreviated tour of the campus. The group has great chemistry and I feel very fortunate to be part of this group.

Before my interview and even applying I downloaded the book: Get the Interview Every Time by Brenda Greene; this book was invaluable with me getting the interview and then getting the position. It was free on my kindle, not sure what it costs now. It had many of the tough questions verbatim (commonly asked by Fortune 500 companies).

I was contacted two weeks later and offered a position with competitive pay and lots of benefits. It seems so far that Medtronic is going to be a great employer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that failed and the lessons that you learned from it?   1 Answer
    • Explain to me a situation in which your business and personal ethics were challenged. Describe how you responded to it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Once you get the offer, salary is not negotiable, but you may be able to negotiate extra vacation and a sign on bonus. They gave me a sign on bonus, but I don't think they would have given it; if I didn't ask for it. Be sure you do.

Clinical Research Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic in May 2010.

Interview

Through contract agency

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.