Medtronic Clinical Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Medtronic Clinical Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Medtronic

Clinical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

First interview with human resources, second interview with Clinical Supervisor, third interview with District Manager. Met with sales rep and did ride along. I spoke to other people who had up to eight interviews.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were many of the standard questions. I do not recall there be any odd or unusual questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate my base, but instead was given a sign on bonus of $5000 and an extra week of vacation.

Other Interview Reviews for Medtronic

Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Overall, a very straightforward process consisting of an online assessment test, personality assessment test, phone interview, and two face-to-face interviews. The interviewers were very pleasant and didn't try to trick you or make you uncomfortable. The final interview consisted of a sit-down with the Sales Manager and Clinical Manager, both of which were professional, knowledgebale, and personable.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever failed in an attempt to implement a change at your current position? How did you react to it?   Answer Question

Clinical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Very long and lots of interviews with several different managers and even employees you will be working with. Phone, Skype, face to face, and shadows. Looking for consistency so don't try and BS your way through it. They want honesty and integrity. Be prepared to give a mock sale presentation and be on your toes for tricky questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you tell a surgeon he is doing something inadequate?   Answer Question

Clinical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic in June 2014.

Interview

Phone call from HR in midwest, even though interviewing for position in Bay Area. Call was pleasant, standard questions, recruiter seemed interested, said she would pass my info to the local managers. Never heard back, even after I sent follow up email.

Interview Questions

• If I had experience working with physicians or in hospital settings   Answer Question

Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (Cleveland, OH (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

Very professional. Manager made me feel very comfortable and was open to all questions I had about the company. HR was also very friendly and made me very excited about the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Why did I choose to apply for this position at Medtronic.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was very little negotiation. They have a set company package that applies to each position and a fair salary range based on experience and what your contribution level is. New people come in at a lower amount where people who are trained will have a higher base.

Clinical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic in January 2016.

Interview

Drove to meet managers and would be team to work region and spoke on phone to team members and managers. Many behavior questions and why you want this job questions. Met for lunch with employees and coffee. Did a ride along which made the job more desirable. Really loved the company and people I met with. Loved what Medtronic was about and the position. About 9 interview steps 5 phone and 4 face to face. Some email. Really motivated about this position and the people I would be working with. I did not get the job offer

Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic (Jacksonville, FL (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview. I really am impressed with the company. It lasted 1 hour. Consisted of a brief company and job overview following a series of interview questions that were not very difficult. The person interviewing me was very sweet and professional. A great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions such as "tell me about yourself?"   Answer Question

Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (Atlanta, GA (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview. In person interview with district manager and a current CS on the team. Shadowed a Technical Field Engineer a couple times, on different days, both in clinic and in implant cases. Another in person interview with a district business manager and district manager. Finally, had to do a ppt presentation for a group of people that consisted of district managers, TFEs, and CSs.

Interview Questions

• What made you switch to Medical Devices?   Answer Question
    • We, as the company, know what we offer to employees but what can you offer that makes you stand out among the rest of the candidates?   Answer Question

Clinical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic in January 2016.

Interview

Went through multiple phone and in person interviews. The interviews were not too tough, mainly behavioral questions. Wanted to see if my personality was a good fit for the Medtronic culture.

Interview Questions

• Why Medtronic? Describe a time when you had to solve a technical problem.   Answer Question

Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (New York, NY (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

The process has been similar to what others have described. I had a mutual friend connect me with the service director and was never contacted through web applications (although, I have learned that online applications are still required). My first interview was via phone and was strictly informational. Since then, I emailed persistently (about every 2 weeks) and shadowed for two days, then met the service director for an in-person interview (again, strictly informational). A few weeks later, I interviewed with regional managers (this time behavior questions), and now, I am waiting to schedule two more days shadowing within territories where openings exist. I have been told that after this I will have one more interview with another regional manager. I am still in the process, but at this point, do not have an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince someone with an arrogant personality to follow your advice?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.