Medtronic Clinical Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Medtronic Clinical Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Medtronic

Clinical Specialist Interview

Interview

The interview process was very well organised. Everybody I interacted with was highly competent and welcoming. Overall, I had a very positive interview experience and would be very lucky if I had the chance to join this company.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to build rapport with physicians?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Medtronic

Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

The interviewer went over my resume and asked how I faced different challenges or used certain skills to do these jobs. They were very friendly and personable, as well as informative about the position and its requirements

Clinical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic in March 2019.

Interview

Quick 15 in person interview with the local manager and a 30 minute long Skype interview with the district manager. Everything happened within 2 weeks of applying. Everyone was kind and reassuring. Definitely need good communication skills

Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Everyone was incredibly informative and friendly. Had several phone interviews with different managers, and then eventually in person interviews that were at least an hour long, but were very conversational. Lots of opportunities to ask questions. Easy online application.

Clinical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic in July 2018.

Interview

I first started talking with Medtronic in October of 2017. I interviewed with a district service manager at a conference. The interview went great, but there wasn't an opening. Fast forward to March, I had another interview. The interview went great, but once again there wasn't an opening available. Four months later I receive a call from both of the district service managers. One of the positions was filled internally, and the other I was flown to do an in-person interview. The interview went well, but I never heard back. It's been a month since the interview, and I still haven't heard back. I even followed up with the interviewer. It's kind of a waste of my time to be strung along. I've invested a lot of time and energy to still have no offer.

Clinical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

First there was a phone interview, then an in-person interview with 2 people from the company. Following the interview there was no communication for about 5 weeks, but they did tell me it would be a few weeks before they were to be making a hiring decision. The interview was held in a hotel lobby where I ended up having to shell out $23 just to park.

Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (New York, NY (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Very lengthy interview process, multiple stages involving mock sales emails and mock sales voicemails, as well as a PowerPoint presentation. Some of the interview process was held in person, other parts were held via Skype.

Interview Questions

• How I would feel transitioning from the bedside into the sales world   Answer Question

Clinical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic in April 2018.

Interview

I was given a phone interview. At the end of the phone interview, the Medtronic representative talked to me about an email she would be sending me once the interview ended. The email would include a link to Medtronic Academy, where I had to set up an account and complete a Coronary Back to Basics course. This course was broken up into 8 WEEKS and after looking further, it was a course that gave current employees education credits/hours. After completing the course I reached out to the representative who interviewed me and I never received a response. Shortly after I received a generic email from the Talent Acquisition Team stating I am no longer being considered for the position. I find this process extremely unprofessional as it is really unheard of to have potential employees complete coursework that they are not being paid for and are still unsure if they are being considered for a position, let alone another interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Medtronic   1 Answer

Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Tampa, FL (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Had a contact there who connected me to a local District Service Manager who had an open position. They paid for a hotel stay since it was 4+ hours away, had a 45 minute interview the next morning. Very intimidation-based, i.e. this is harder than anything you've ever done. When I tried to relate it back to personal experiences, I was told " you have no idea what you're talking about, and this will be the hardest thing you will ever do." They were referring to the one year of training, even though I have an engineering background and demonstrated I was up for the challenge. Overall they didn't learn very much about me, and it was the only round of interviews they used to choose a candidate. Very disappointing, everyone else I have met there has been great.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you dealt with an irate client or coworker?   Answer Question

Clinical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

I had an initial hour long phone interview with the clinical manager that was very relaxed and mostly just a get to know you conversation. The second interview was an in person interview with the clinical manager where I had to give a brief presentation, then about 30 minutes of straight forward questions. I then had a second in person interview with the clinical manager and regional sales director where I gave another short presentation followed by about 45 minutes of standard questions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.