Medtronic Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Medtronic Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Medtronic

2.9

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Tempe, AZ (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Online interview using software they told me to install. All questions were behavioural questions and they also asked questions about my resume. First interviewed with 2 senior engineers then a break and then an interview with the engineering manager. They asked questions about experiences that you might have had, why you want to work at Medtronic, etc.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Medtronic

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Was asked to schedule a ~30 min phone interview that was very friendly. They explained more about the position and asked if I had any questions. The questions were typical, mostly about my past experiences, leadership positions, and accomplishments. There weren't any technical questions at this point. The interviewer was very helpful and willing to answer questions, made it seem like she enjoys her job. Overall a pretty good experience!

Interview Questions

• What is an example of when you were a leader and did you face any conflicts?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

Behavioral interview with panel consisting of Engineering Manager, Operations Manager and HR Manager. Overall good atmosphere very laid back interview style. Each member of panel asked one question from pre-determined list about company values. Also answered pre-screened questionnaire from HR. Timely feedback from HR when not selected for position. Overall pleasant experience although not offered position.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in November 2009.

Interview

We started with an online application along with posting of a current resume and transcript. Then an on campus interview was scheduled for 2 weeks after the date the application was submitted. After the interview, an automated email was sent explaining how they were choosing to go in a different direction.

Interview Questions

• What are two experiences in your previous work experiences that would make you qualified to be successful in this position?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Northridge, CA (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

At the group interview, pairs of engineers come in to ask and detail your previous engineering work and experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you know the annotations for CAD drawings.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Medtronic in October 2014.

Interview

I talked with recruiters at job fair and got an onsite interview for a position at the Northridge site. Interview was with an engineer at the company and mostly about information on my resume and why I was interested in Medtronic. I would make sure to know the company and their mission statement.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic (Northridge, CA (US)) in May 2010.

Interview

Applied online, never heard for 3 mos, then 2 or 3 phone interviews. Went to CA for face to face and they seemed very confused and disorganized. The 6 people on the schedule kept changing through the day. Interviewers knew little about the job and the hiring manager was not even there that day. Why would they waste the time and money? It took a couple of months to get re-imbursed for expenses. The interview seemed to go well, and the HR person kept in touch for a week or two then stopped returning calls or e-mails. I never received any feedback as to whether I'm still being considered or not. I was excited about Medtronic, but this group seems to be run by amateurs.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in December 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with a engineering manager about New College Graduate position. The interviewer was technical by nature but the interview consisted of nothing but personality and psychological questions. One thing did stick out, the interviewer stated that Med tonic is not in the business of cutting edge technology, they're into doing with existing tech to the point of no errors.

Interview Questions

• What is your problem solving process as an engineering?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic (Northridge, CA (US)) in November 2010.

Interview

fairly basic

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic (Santa Rosa, CA (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

Brief and undirected interview. Surprisingly, this interview as actually "led" by someone in CA, and not HR in MN, which is traditionally the case. She called later than the appointed time and simply asked, "Why you want to work for Medtronic?" after starter small talk. She seemed shocked when I told her I wasn't American and was absolutely clueless about visas/procedures required. Said she'd get back to me in Nov (2 months post-interview) because she had to look into the visas and things; never did.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Medtronic?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.