Medtronic Engineering Interview Questions

Updated 21 Oct 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Medtronic

2.9
HardAverageEasy
Found 24 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic (United States)

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions, there were also some questions that asked you to think through a problem and see how you would figure out a solution. Used the STAR question and answer process.

Interview Questions
  • Do you prefer working alone or in a team?
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Medtronic (United States)

Interview

I met recruiters on campus and had a general interview a few days later. Filled out a form online and got calls from hiring managers interested in hiring for their teams. Nice people, great experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (United States)

Interview

The interview process was very standard. There was an information session at the college, which was followed by a video interview that lasted 30 minutes. It was a very relaxed back and forth conversation, no intense grilling or questioning.

Interview Questions
  • Standard as well. "Tell me about yourself" "Why are you interested" They did ask you a theoretical question about how you would handle a project and the steps you would take to complete it.
Application

Interview

I applied through my school's internal career website. I interviewed with a software engineer, he asked me about my experience and coursework. It was a 30 min interview. I was never in contact with a recruiter.

Interview Questions
Medtronic
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Medtronic (United States) in Nov 2017

Interview

Process was very quick as I reached out to a recruiter. We had a simple phone interview that discussed what types of jobs I was interested in. From there I applied to a specific engineering job.

Interview Questions
  • What type of engineering responsibilities are you looking for?
Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN) in Nov 2017

Interview

Interview questions were fairly expected. It was a behavioral based interview with most questions starting with "name a time when...". Since I worked in a manufacturing environment I was shown some of the production floor and made sure to ask questions on the process.

Interview Questions
Medtronic
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Medtronic (United States)

Interview

I applied through my school, then they called to set up a phone interview. It was pretty straightforward. Asked me questions about projects I've worked on, as well as some specific questions about my classes.

Interview Questions
  • Asked me to analzye the advantages and disadvantages of something I designed for a project
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galway
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic (Galway) in Oct 2015

Interview

I had an interview in Medtronic last week. The Interview was only 15-20 mins long. They didn't ask much bar 4-5 questions. I thought that kinda sucked because it didn't give me much of a chance to speak and sell myself. The panel consisted of a person from the HR department and an Engineer who asked the more technical questions. They got back to me this week to let me know that I've passed the interview stage and am waiting to sit a Psychometric. There might be a second interview if i pass the psychometric stage!

Interview Questions
  • 1. Why did you apply for this position? 2. Do you know Lean Sigma? 3. Do you have any experience in SolidWorks? 4. Describe a situation where you were the leader and what happened?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic (United States)

Interview

Was asked general questions about past projects and my interest in biomedical engineering. Also asked about my experience in CAD, coding (MATLAB). Interview was obtained through a career fair at my school. Interviewer was a HR professional and was not involved in any of the engineering projects at Medtronic. Interview was very pleasant overall and felt like a casual conversation.

Interview Questions
Medtronic
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Medtronic (United States) in Nov 2014

Interview

Met at a job fair and had a 30 minute behavioral interview. Normal questions like when were you in a situation when you had to work with difficult people and how did you resolve the problem? There were a lot of behavioral type questions so make sure you have a situations at hand that can be used to answer such questions. The next step was an interview from the specific location that is accepting intern and co-op positions. I got the e-mail about two months after the first behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 24 Interviews