Medtronic Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Medtronic Interview Questions

Interviews at Medtronic

2.9

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Saint Paul, MN (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

I was recruited through on-campus recruiting. Medtronic came to campus once during the week, and we had a second interview on-site at Medtronic. Great process and people to work with.

Associate Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

1. Phone Interview w/ Regional Business Director
    2. In-Person Interview w/ Regional Business Director
    3. Field Ride
    4. Gallup Phone Survey

Interview Questions

• What was the most recent leadership book you have read?   1 Answer

Associate Chemist Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

They were very nice and kind to me as a human being. Expect to know a lot about who you are and who you live with. Be passionate and bring a textbook.

Interview Questions

I want a company that is nice but not that nice.

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic in December 2017.

Interview

I initially applied to the same role 5 months prior, but the title was the same. I learned that the role would be exactly the same after going through all the rounds of the interview and asking why the previous person left, I was informed the person left 6 months ago, and they have been trying to find a replacement. 5 months ago when I had my first phone screen, the interview did not go any further because my asking salary was outside of their range. Their target salary was I thought pretty ridiculous for a 90,000 employee company, location for the job would be in the Boston metropolitan area and for an Associate Manager position. A few months later I saw the same job description but the title became more senior, I thought well I might as well apply. I made it all the way until the end to the final interview. I was told I would hear back around 4-5 days. Now it's been about a week and I didn't hear back. I am just assuming radio silence as no, or it could very likely they don't have their acts together and is disorganized. Also very strange that the final interviews were conference calls, did not fly me in and not even a video interview. I honestly expected more from this company, I have never gone through final interviews and did not hear a yes a no. I am not sure if they have a system in place to even send out automated emails. Also I am not sure how many recruiters they have, seems like they are short staffed, both times I interacted with the same recruiter. I am not sure if the recruiter even remembered that we had spoke 5 months ago. There are a lot of strange things throughout this experience. I agree with other reviews on the interviews here that the company seems to lack courtesy. I can also assume that the pay is lower than industry average.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic in January 2018.

Interview

Interview process was rushed and unorganized. Every time we reached what seemed like the end of the interview process, some other requirement came up that hadn't been previously discussed. After all of the hoop jumping all contact just stopped without warning. I expected more from a company of this stature.

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Medtronic (Northridge, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Career Fair on campus and received email the following night. Scheduled for an interview that Friday afternoon. Interpersonal questions in STAR format. This was the first round process meant to go on for the second round. Not sure how many rounds total there would be.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you did not meet eye to eye with a person and what was the result?   1 Answer
    • A time where you had to apply time management.   Answer Question
    • Innovative design and how you convinced members to agree   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time where you worked in a team and there was a member who was not doing there part   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Medtronic?   Answer Question

Associate Packaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Jacksonville, FL (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

The Medtronic did the interview the way full-time packaging engineering interviews SHOULD be done. They ask a couple of the STAR questions, ask a couple personality questions, then give a problem-solving question with a package they actually work with.

I expected it to be difficult because that is how I like it. The difficulty of the interview compared to others I have been through is what made me really want the job more because it showed I would work with employees who care about the packaging and their job. The set-up was four 45 minute formal interviews with Principal Packaging Engineer, two mechanical R&D engineers, and the hiring manager. Then a lunch with another packaging engineer, but the issue here was it was just out of my norm to be in a restaurant wearing my dress shirt answering questions while other people are trying to enjoy their time while we waited for our food. The team in the ENT department was amazing. They were all people who cared about their jobs, company, and what they make.

The Wednesday of Thanksgiving I had an HR manager reach out and had a Medtronic questionnaire to further elaborate on my experiences (I wish more companies did this). The next week I had the initial interview with that HR manager then later that week had a phone screen with the packaging hiring manager. Then the next week was reached out to come to Jacksonville for a formal on-site interview. Scheduled for the week before Christmas. They told me straight up they only brought in three people for an interview. I felt confident about my answers, but also understand that other candidates from the other universities may be much better candidates.

Medtronic is one of the top companies I want to work for because of their passion for the industry. This interview confirmed this. The team was formal and knowledgeable.

I turned down an offer from a food company because they didn't give me enough time before this offer came through. I hedged my bets and lost, but I will always keep trying to get employed by Medtronic in either a contracting or full-time employment.

EDIT: DOUBLE CHECK WITH THE HR CONTACT ABOUT TRAVEL. Three weeks after the email I get an email from the HR recruiter that they would only comp me for one night of hotel & car rental. It was never once mentioned in the reimbursement agreement. Good thing I already picked one of the cheaper hotels.

Interview Questions

• Three different problem-solving questions with giving me the package & asking my thoughts on it and how I would solve it.   1 Answer

Associate Packaging Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Interviewers will go over your resume with you in a 30 to 45 minute one-on-one segment. After each segment the current interviewer will call in the next interviewer to talk to you. I was interviewed by several department heads, managers, and senior team members. Each interviewer will have a different Human Resource question that is mandatory for them to ask you.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

1. Prescreening - Ask you about your work status and schedule time for 3 technical assessment tests and for 3 interviews on the same day with 3 different managers.
    2. Assessment Tests - Coding, Testing and UI tests
    3. WebEx Meeting interviews - Three 45 min interviews with 3 managers. They ask about the projects on your resume, Situational and Behavorial Questions mainly. Minimal of Technical Questions.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

pretty much just standard interview processes. not much different than others. you get phone interview to go over some basic questions, and then a week or two later you get invited to onsite interview with 3/4 people from different teams. then another week later you get called from manager for the decision.

Interview Questions

• some standard tech questions and software development cycle questions   Answer Question