Medtronic Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Medtronic Interview Questions

Interviews at Medtronic

2.9

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mounds View, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Mounds View, MN (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

The whole process goes pretty fast, two phone interviews with an offer, in less than a month.The position I interviewed with was a graduation level position, so basically, they need your brain and they can train you, so it is not hard or technical at all.

Interview Questions

• Firstly interview only asks you question regarding your resume. Secondly interview: mostly behavior questions. These questions mainly focus on your ability to cooperate, to multi-task, to solve problems in general. They are not hard, but if you get five or six similar behavior questions, you might stuck as well. Be prepared!   1 Answer

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic (San Jose, CA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with 5 different people, each separately and one on one. It included team members, senior management, the hiring manager and one HR representative. Each one on one session was back to back and lasted for about 30 - 45 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• They were typical interview questions about my previous work experience and projects. There were only a few situational questions such as "give me an example when..." "you had an interaction with a client/customer." "You had a difficult situation and how you solved it, and what was the outcome?"   Answer Question

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

It took a total of six weeks. first three weeks for arranging for an interview, 2 weeks to make the decision after the interview and 1 week for negotiation.

Clinical Research Monitor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic in June 2018.

Interview

2 months after applying through an employee referral, I was called for a web interview with two managers (scheduled 4 days from when I was called). The questions were more related on how you would handle situations with difficult people. They were also looking for someone who would stay in the position for a long time and not move up. I was looking to grow within the company, and they didn't seem to like that answer. It was a difficult interview, and I feel the best way to prepare is to prepare tons of examples of when you've handled various conflicts, especially when it comes to working with difficult people. They used "diverse personalities" so that can translate to difficult or just culturally different since Medtronic is an international company.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a conflict with a researcher who is set in their ways?   Answer Question

Clinical Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 people managers. They all have a set of ridiculous questions that really have nothing to do with determining your skill set. You are then rated. Very subjective.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had to had to make a difficult decision and your manager was not around?   1 Answer

Clinical Research Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic in September 2018.

Interview

This was the longest process ever (2 months in total). About 3 weeks after applying I was contacted via email to complete a lengthy essay-style escreen questionnaire. Then 3 weeks later I was contacted via phone (after 8:00 pm in the evening) to come in for an interview the following week. Once scheduled, I learned I would be meeting with several people (9 to be exact) in 2 30-minute panel interviews. Of course the interviewers were running late so I only really had about 20 minutes for each meeting which hardly seemed like enough time. The interview itself was not difficult but more intimidating as there were so many people involved, which seemed unnecessary as only one person was doing the talking and asking the questions anyways. I wasn’t able to ask any questions myself since time ran out and everyone had to hurry on to the next round of interviews.

Two more weeks passed before I reached out to them to get an update in which I learned I did not receive the position. It would’ve been nice had they reached out to me first with constructive feedback instead of sending a generic email but probably a lot to ask of such a huge company that doesn’t have the time to follow up appropriately anyway.

The time and effort I put into this process was not valued and feel there is room for improvement on how they treat their candidates, which is why I chose to write this review.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

It was the standard HR screen, phone interview, and then on-site interview. Really friendly staff and team members. The process took nearly 2 months, so if you want to work here, be prepared!

Clinical Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Northridge, CA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Pick the right recruiter and getting an interview will be faster. Only pick 1 because you will get disqualified if you get submitted more than once. The first step is a phone interview with the manager and then a group interview with the PI and the rest of the coordinators.

Clinical Research Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mounds View, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Mounds View, MN (US)) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview process was relatively straight forward. Medtronic flew me in and stayed at hotel near the Mounds View campus. I met first with the HR rep (who has been great); she asked some tough questions about my background, how I would deal with personality conflict, and how I would meld with the team. Then I met with the Director of the division, she was top notch, asked questions about my aspirations, goals, and what I wanted from the company. I then met with two other employees that further explained what responsibilities I will have gave me an abbreviated tour of the campus. The group has great chemistry and I feel very fortunate to be part of this group.

Before my interview and even applying I downloaded the book: Get the Interview Every Time by Brenda Greene; this book was invaluable with me getting the interview and then getting the position. It was free on my kindle, not sure what it costs now. It had many of the tough questions verbatim (commonly asked by Fortune 500 companies).

I was contacted two weeks later and offered a position with competitive pay and lots of benefits. It seems so far that Medtronic is going to be a great employer.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me a situation in which your business and personal ethics were challenged. Describe how you responded to it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a project that failed and the lessons that you learned from it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Once you get the offer, salary is not negotiable, but you may be able to negotiate extra vacation and a sign on bonus. They gave me a sign on bonus, but I don't think they would have given it; if I didn't ask for it. Be sure you do.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

First interview with human resources, second interview with Clinical Supervisor, third interview with District Manager. Met with sales rep and did ride along. I spoke to other people who had up to eight interviews.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were many of the standard questions. I do not recall there be any odd or unusual questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate my base, but instead was given a sign on bonus of $5000 and an extra week of vacation.