Medtronic Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Medtronic Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Medtronic

2.7

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic in April 2016.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a career fair. She sets up an in-person interview for me at the fair. Interview goes well, basic questions: tell me about yourself, tell me about a time you struggled. The usual. About a week later a recruiter sets up a phone interview with a couple of employees. Again basic questions you'll find by just looking up interview questions on Google and make sure you know your resume in depth, they'll ask about it.

Get a call a few days later from another recruiter, they want me to apply to this Manufacturing position and fly me out for an interview with the manager and to see the facility. Couple days later the same recruiter calls tells me I'm not qualified for the position he offered me. They were looking for at least 2 years of experience and I was just a college grad.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you fell behind in a project and how you recovered.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Medtronic

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

I applied online for this position and received an eScreen document from HR filled with behavioral questions that I needed to send back in two days. Hadn't heard back in 2 weeks, so tried connecting with a manager via LinkedIn. It worked. Manager reviewed resume and set up video conference interview for the next day. Interview was interactive and I was asked about projects and certifications. Cleared that and was set up for an on-site interview the next week. Had one-on-one interviews from 9-2pm with managers and team members. I was informed the next day that about an offer.

Interview Questions

• What's the one thing you would like to change about yourself   1 Answer

Negotiation

Competitive salary with great benefits, so did not negotiate.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN (US)).

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by on-site interview in 3 weeks. Team was good, Panel interview with the team, to check on the thought process and troubleshooting skills.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The Pay is good and match the national standards. No negotiation was needed.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (Jacksonville, FL (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

Took 4 months for the entire hiring process....way too long! Went to 4 different interviews. One was a 1 on 1 with the HR representative, the next was a 1 on 1 with another HR representative, then a 1 on 1 with the hiring manager, and finally a group interview with people in the department.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

- phone interview, 30 minutes
    - I talked with a hiring manager and we basically went through my resume
    - they asked about my past work experiences and points from my school extracurriculars

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between verification and validation?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Villalba, PR (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (Villalba, PR (US)) in April 2009.

Interview

Phone called for interview with HR. Initial screening with HR by phone. Set for personal interview at the plant. Met with HR rep. She took me to manager's office where panel interview (3 people) was conducted. Phone call for job offer. Sent Benefits description through email. I have questions regarding benefits. She took 5 weeks to answer basic benefits questions. At an offer negotiation meeting they would not know answers to basic benefits questions like how much dollards does the insurance cover for eyeglasses. Since they took long in answering the questions the position went for revaluation at the new fiscal year. They said the position went into freeze until budgeting process was completed. No further communication from them.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle transition between a different industry an this industry?   Answer Question

The position went to hold due to new fiscal year arriving. They took 5 weeks to answer basic benefits questions.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humacao, PR (US)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Medtronic (Humacao, PR (US)) in September 2010.

Interview

Phone screening was friendly, as well as reception at the plant. Managers were very polite during the interview. Plant manager was very rude. He seemed tired (maybe bored, or maybe he already had a candidate on mind) and cut the interview abruptly at 15 minutes. Human Resources never follow up or answer phone calls to close the process for you.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Irvine, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Basically put into a room and have a series of interviewers enter the room and ask you questions for 30-45 minutes each interview. The questions get repetitive. There were 6 interviewers and I felt good about 3 or 4 of them. The other 2 were tough and didn't seem interested in listening to what i had to say.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you found an issue that could hold up a production line and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Santa Ana, CA (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

The entire process took somewhat longer than expected but was fairly straightforward: HR phone screening, then a day of interviewing on site with several current team members. The interviews were a combo of one on one talks and panel discussions. There weren't many extremely technical questions, but they do expect you to be able to convey your technical expertise throughout the interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult part of your current job? Describe a time where there was a disagreement within your team, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Medtronic in July 2016.

Interview

A 30 minute phone interview followed by an onsite interview. Half the time of the phone screening was questions about my work experience and the other half explaining the job. Onsite interview happened five days after the phone screening, one hour total. Onsite interview questions were behavioral STAR type questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an upset customer or coworker.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.