Medtronic Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Medtronic Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at Medtronic

2.4

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

i met a recruiter at an industry trade show and began talking with him about specific roles in the company where I might be a good fit. After a phone screen to talk about my background and what I was looking for, he presented some opportunities that he would like to submit my information for. I was selected for an in-person interview and had 3 different rounds with a group of 3 interviewers twice and then an interview with the hiring manager. They use the STAR method and asked specific questions related to the company mission.

Interview Questions

• How do you communicate quality throughout your organization and answer using the STAR method.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Medtronic

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

The interview process was too formulaic. Interviewers had scripted questions and seemed overly focused on note-taking and answer-rating during the interview. I felt that this hindered the interviewers from actually getting to know me.

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Jacksonville, FL (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, Phone screen with Manager (a few days later), invited for onsite (a week later). Onsite interview with a broad selection of managers for different functional groups.
    About a week after the onsite interview a verbal job offer was made. Overall great, smooth experience.

Interview Questions

• Leadership questions.
      FDA related examples.
      Experience questions based on resume.   Answer Question

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Medtronic in October 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a head hunter about the position. Set up phone interview with HR , who asked about my past experience and expectations. At the end of the interview they said they will contact me for the next step, but they never did. Later I was informed by the head hunter that there was something going on that was holding up the process, but it's just a delay and they will contact me. They never did.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging part about your previous job?   Answer Question

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Medtronic in July 2019.

Interview

I first met with three employees on the team I would potentially be joining. This meeting lasted about 45 min to and hour, and was the basic review of my resume and "get to know each other." I then met with five different managers, each of whom had a set of standard questions they were required to ask. These interviews lasted about 30 min each.

Interview Questions

• If I asked you to make a modification to this thingamajig, what kind of questions would you ask to determine if the requested changes could be made?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Thirty minutes to one hour interview sessions with Director, Managers, Dept. heads etc. (8 people for me). They have a “behavioral style” of interviewing with occasional "technical type" questions. They typically would like to know how 'YOU' handled a situation (not your team). They will be looking for: Handling of conflict resolution, Critical thinking, Reliability, Teamwork, and Ownership responsibility.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation where you had to think outside the box   Answer Question

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Galway (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (Galway (Ireland)).

Interview

Application was reviewed and initially a rejection letter was sent to me. I received another email two weeks later stating that I was successful in securing an interview for the position.

Interview email stated that I was to be interviewed by two RA managers and a member of the Talent Acquisition team. Interview was conducted by the two RA managers with no sign of the member from Talent Acquisition. Interview was was not taxing and lasted only 20 minutes. Within that week, I was contacted by Talent Acquisition to say I was successful and would be brought to the next stage which was the Medtronic Assessment. I was very put as the request for attendance was provided on a Friday and the assessment to completed the following Tuesday.

After passing the Medtronic assessment, the next stage was the Medical examination. Talent Acquisition were not useful at this stage as the medical appointments were not being scheduled at suitable times for someone working full time at another company. This was not fixed despite repeated requests. I suggestion by TA that I take the medical at my own GP was provided but had to be cancelled last minute as the forms were never sent on to my own GP, again despite numerous emails. TA went dark at this point and I was out of contact for two weeks before I received contact from TA.

After these issues, I had questioned if Medtronic was a company I would like to join if this was the way they treated potential candidates and was one of the worst experiences I had ever endured for a job application. However, colleaugues who worked at Medtronic stated that this was normal for the process and that once in, the company was a good place to work.

I had to bite the bullet and take a day of annual leave to make the medical.

After some haggling over my salary, I accepted the position. Length of time taken for job application was also very long - over 5 months. I am surprised at how Medtronic can persist like this.

Interview Questions

• Name one thing you have learned over the past year   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.