Mercer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Mercer Interview Questions

Updated 17 Oct 2017

2.9

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

First Round > HR
    Second Round > Written
    Third round > Technical
    Fourth round > Managerial
    Final Sal negotiation > HR
    ----- --------- --------- --------
    They will ask all relevant questions based on your profile and also about your future aspirations from company.

Health Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mercer (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

Two rounds of interviews- one video interview and one on-site interview. Pretty straightforward as comparison to other consulting firms. The HR team is really responsive and gets back to you in a really efficient manner.

Client Service Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwood, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer (Norwood, MA (US)).

Interview

Step 1: Online video interview. It was a skype-esque setup in a location of my choosing (I was just in my bedroom, dressed up of course) and I log into a server where a question would appear and then give me 30 seconds to prepare, and then the video answer would begin to record. I would press a finish option on the screen when I was done with the interview.

Step 2: I was invited for an in person interview with three rounds of people. It began with 3 people of assorted hierarchies within the department I was interviewing for, then 2 more people, and then a third wave of 2 interviewers that were closer to recent college grads and a younger crowd.

Note:

I applied for several positions with similar sounding titles and wasnt even sure what the position was when I interviewed. I also didn't do as in depth of a check on the people interviewing me.

Tips to people interviewing here or anywhereL
    -bust out the pen and pad
    -take the time before hand to review what the position youre going to be interviewing for and the company itself. its ok to not be perfectly knowledgable of the position or company as they wouldnt expect a college grad to know exactly what the position entails, but the more you know about the company and at least what the position deals with the better it looks.
    -take the time to go through linkedin and some google searches to find out about your interviewers. they tell you their names on purpose to instigate this kind of behavior. in my experience, i found it helpful to write out the names, schools and titles of each person and then some other noteworthy topics. once you bring up that one little random thing about them, or ask them how they got into that first job they had listed on linkedin, thats a good sign that you came prepared.

I am now employed, however I regret that when interviewing for Mercer I wasnt as prepared. Who knows what my future would have been had I been prepared! Do your homework!

Interview Questions

• Talk about your internship.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mercer (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

"he HireVue digital interview is a one way video interview that will take you approximately 15-20 minutes to complete. You will have a number of questions to answer. You will get 30 seconds and up to 2 minutes of prep time before recording begins for each answer. Once the prep time is over or as soon as you click begin, it will be begin recording and you will have up to 3 minutes to answer. You can stop recording your answer at any time if you have finished before the 3 minutes expires and move on to the next question. When you first log in, you will have the option to complete some practice questions to familiarize yourself with the tool. I suggest taking advantage of those practice questions to put yourself at ease. Do your best not to focus on the time and simply focusing on delivering a clear and concise answer."

Did not like this way of interviewing - probably a weed-out process
    Also took a excel aptitude test

Interview Questions

• Imagine you are a Mercer consultant and have 6 client accounts. You have deliverables due for all 6 of your clients during the same week. You have 5 days to get the assignments done, and you’re concerned you might not have enough time. What steps would you take to ensure you deliver on time?   Answer Question
    • Los Angeles has thousands of parking meters in the city. What would some impacts / consequences be if all of the meters were free for an entire week?   Answer Question
    • Describe what teamwork means to you. Share an example of a time when you were working in a team and you experienced a challenge with a team member. What was the challenge, how did you confront it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Health and Benefits Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Philadelphia, PA (US)).

Interview

Everyone was very nice and professional and it was a great experience overall. It was very helpful because I was notified of each step of the process so I was aware of what was to come.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us a situation where you had an upset client, and how did you handle and resolve it?   Answer Question
    • What do you like to do for fun?   Answer Question
    • When you have a few tasks that need to be done by a certain time, how would you prioritize them?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Mercer?   Answer Question

Sales Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mercer (Atlanta, GA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Very informative, it really helps you understand the structure of the company and how to be successful. Mercers interview process was extremely helpful when sitting down with the 5 panelist and current employee in that specific role, it helped to answer any questions and curved any doubt I originally had about the duties of the role and how to be sucessful.

Interview Questions

• Sales process its very important to have an action plan   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Super day interview, met with 6 employees for 30 minutes each. I was a qualified candidate and strong with interviews, they did not let me know if I got the job or not and told me they will get back to me in 6 weeks. They never did.

Benefits Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Urbandale, IA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer (Urbandale, IA (US)).

Interview

I applied online and was emailed for a phone interview about a week later. The phone interview went into my background including periods of time when I wasn't working. After the phone interview I was told that someone would call and set up an in person interview which I had about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you helped someone with a complex issue or problem.   1 Answer

Senior Health & Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Interview

The interview processes were good. The only thing that could have been better was that they are very slow at getting back to you. I had to follow-up twice.

HR Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Standard behavioral interviews, nothing more or less. Mercer / MMC like you to meet with a lot of different people so be prepared for a few rounds of interviews.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.