Mercer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Mercer Interview Questions

Updated 11 Dec 2017

2.9

Health & Benefits Analyst Interview

Interview

Straightforward. 30 min. video recording interview for the first round. Second Round interview is 4 30-minute video interviews with current Mercer employees. They ask a lot of behavioral questions and different scenario questions. My interview had no casing.

Career Rewards Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

Met some consultants at a career fair at school. Was then invited to do a one-way virtual interview with 7 questions. You had 30 seconds-1 minute to prepare your answer for the question. You had one attempt to answer the question before moving on to the next question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with an ambiguous situation   Answer Question
    • What is something that you want us to know that is not on your resume   Answer Question

Total Rewards Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mercer (Ann Arbor, MI (US)).

Interview

I interviewed on campus with two recent grads. They started with basic behavioral questions (background, why this company) then moved into a mini case. They never followed up with me, but I wasn't invited to a second round.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

First Round > HR
    Second Round > Written
    Third round > Technical
    Fourth round > Managerial
    Final Sal negotiation > HR
    ----- --------- --------- --------
    They will ask all relevant questions based on your profile and also about your future aspirations from company.

Health Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mercer (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

Two rounds of interviews- one video interview and one on-site interview. Pretty straightforward as comparison to other consulting firms. The HR team is really responsive and gets back to you in a really efficient manner.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer in October 2017.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, first round was on campus, second round was web-based. Interview process was very smooth and timely. Mostly asked about behavioral questions and a few technical questions. Interviewers are very friendly, overall a great experience.

Career Consulting Rewards Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I'm a bit disappointed with Mercer on this one. I applied through a university job board and was selected to interview on campus. I received an email from an HR rep inviting me and saying that I would receive an email about the interview itself beforehand, but I never did. I figured it was just copy that they forgot to delete and didn't worry about it. The interview itself wasn't particularly hard (behavioral, basic case), but the interviewers, who were friendly, didn't seem that prepared. They kept looking at each other while coming up with a case idea while I sat there for about half a minute. The case was simple (no problem there). I was then told that the same HR rep would reach out to me very soon.
    Here's the most unprofessional bit: in the original email Mercer wanted us to keep two days of our calendar virtually clear of other things so that if we were selected for a final round we could go to their office. This is understandable, but I waited for a response and kept trying to keep those days clear for a week after the interview. I never received a decision, reached out to the rep the day before the final rounds, and never got a response (much like how I didn't receive the promised email regarding the first interview). Normally I would say, "maybe they entered my email wrong," but I received the initial invitation. All-in-all my most negative experience with a company. I know they are "elite" but it didn't show here.

Executive Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Dallas, TX (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewed on campus then proceed to the final round office visit. First round consisted of typical behavioral questions with a few brain teasers and the final round was more fit interviews with a 45 minute case interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you worked with a group and implemented a unique solution.   Answer Question

Senior Client Account Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to submit a video interview. The video interview was then forwarded to the hiring manager for review. I was then scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager and two department managers.

Interview Questions

• If employment is offered, what are the first three things you are going to do in your position?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

The first round is one way video conference. The questions are timed. They can see you but you don't see anyone on the other side. it is important prepare in a way that you are ready to answer questions in a timely manner.

Interview Questions

• If you have the wrong information on the presentation you are giving to clients, what do you do?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.