Mercer & Hole Interview Questions

Updated 21 Jul 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 11 of over 11 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mercer & Hole

Mercer & Hole

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer & Hole

Interview

Interview process included: online application with questions, basic phone interview with HR, verbal and numerical tests. Received a phone call from HR after all the tests, she had accidentally meant to call another candidate, but told me I was going to be called at the end of the week for final interview. Before the end of the call, she asked about why I had taken extra time at university, told her it was due to health reasons. Never heard back from them. I sent a follow up email and asked few questions but just got a response that I had not done enough to get through to the final stages.

Interview Questions
  • Why Mercer & Hole? Why this field of work? What skills/experience make your suitable for role? Tell me something that you're proud of achieving?
    Answer Question

Mercer & Hole

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer & Hole

Interview

Telephone interview- pretty basic and informal. Someone called me and just asked me questions about my CV as well as some behavioural questions such as tell me a time when youve shown leadership skills

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mercer & Hole

Application

I interviewed at Mercer & Hole

Interview

There were several interviews and a technical test. The test was given to me 10 minutes before the second interview and then discussed. Final stage interview was with the partner and I got to ask further questions about the company. Overall, a very smooth process.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Mercer & Hole

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer & Hole

Interview

So far, only had a phone interview, which I assume you get automatically. They filter most candidates through this, and then let the successful applicants do the numerical reasoning and verbal reasoning tests.

Interview Questions
  • Why Mercer and Hole? Why not big 4? What's your greatest achievement at uni?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Mercer & Hole (London, England, England) in Mar 2019

Interview

The interview process consisted of a telephone interview, which is followed by online verbal and numerical reasoning tests. If successful after the first two stages, the final stage is the assessment centre. In regard to the assessment centre, meeting members of the team which include some of the Audit and Tax partners, members of the HR team and also current trainees within both Audit and Tax, everyone ensures you feel comfortable. The firm even goes the extra mile to make sure refreshments and lunch is provided for everyone on the day, which is an added bonus. Unfortunately, I did not receive an offer for the role at the London office of this firm. However, throughout the interview process, I clearly observed that Mercer and Hole strongly abide by their core values and I felt I was updated promptly with updates on my application. To me, the team at Mercer and Hole seemed all professional, close-knit and very friendly so although it was not the outcome I was hoping for, I overall had a positive experience through applying to this firm.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Albans, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer & Hole (Saint Albans, England, England)

Interview

I was invited to the assessment day where they showed up 20 minutes late and couldn’t get the assessments up and running on the laptops. Very unorganised. Relatively simple assessment day, but was asked questions about current affairs that I felt were used to see if your political views aligned with the interviewers. Awful feedback, which reflects the organisation of the company. Aim higher.

Interview Questions
  • How would you solve the gender pay gap?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at Mercer & Hole (London, England, England) in Feb 2018

Interview

Application Telephone interview Online Numerical and Verbal reasoning tests Assessment day Online numerical and verbal reasoning tests were standard. The telephone interview was also standard, consisting of motivational and competency based questions. Didn't get to the assessment stage after not scoring high enough in the verbal reasoning test so make sure to practice for them.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Albans, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Mercer & Hole (Saint Albans, England, England) in Mar 2017

Interview

Application form then telephone interview then full day assessment centre. The day consists of a short psychometric test, a panel interview by three people (an HR manager, tax manager and tax partner) lasting an hour covering motivational, competency, scenario-based and personality based questions, and commercial awareness. Numerical, verbal and checking tests. A group exercise discussing who to save from a sinking ship. Two minute pre-prepared interview and a 7 minute presentation done on the day with power point. Despite it being in St. Alban's they refused to pay travel expenses and gave some of the vaguest feedback I've ever received.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about the ATT/CTA qualification?
  • What position do you hold in your social group?

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Mercer & Hole (London, England, England) in Nov 2016

Interview

Telephone interview with HR. Then called for the Face to Face interview. Booked through recruitment agency. Got call and asked various questions. After few days was called for the face to face interview.

Interview Questions
  • CV experience, current role questions, driving license, experience

Mercer & Hole

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer & Hole

Interview

The interview was structured with competency based questions and a questionnaire about your characterestics. I was left alone to complete the personality questionnaire on a laptop, and I hada case study excercise, in which I had to make notes and then present this to the interviewers. I found it to be an interesting interview and nice firm, however I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Interviews