Merck Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Merck Interview Questions

Interviews at Merck

2.9

Senior Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

First round of 0.5~1 hr phone interview followed by a full day onsite interview consists of a 1hr presentation of your research and a couple one-on-ones with colleagues and future stakeholders.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions such as how to handle multi-task situations.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

I have had several interviews at Merck and had the same experience of people being unenthusiastic, uninterested and very unrelatable. When I asked them questions it was like pulling teeth or extremely broad. Not very friendly

Interview Questions

• What interested you about the job?   1 Answer

Tech Ops Interview

Interview

It was just one virtual (video) interview, since I had already spoken to them at career fair. The recruiter was very nice and let me ask so many questions. I was not asked any technical questions.

MS&T Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

Went to career fair and applied online for role. Got on campus interview, interviewed and received unofficial offer in 2-3 days. Received official offer 2-3 weeks later, and was given a few weeks to decide. This was in early october.

Intern Interview

Interview

It was a video interview. The process was good. The interviewer was very approachable. There were two people. They interviewed me at the same time on skype. The interview was good. It was on an average scale.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing you do not want to do in the internship?   Answer Question

Senior Scientist I Interview

Interview

It was a 9:00 am to 3:00 pm interview including several individual discussion with the HM and directors, a 30 minute interview with HR which was followed by a 60 minute presentation session and a panel interview at the end.

Associate Director Interview

Interview

An internal Merck recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn. I was interested in the position so we had a first interview. She was impressed with me but they decided to go for an internal candidate instead. I was going to transition from nonprofit into pharma and didn't know much about how the salaries would translate, and she was very helpful and gave me some "insider" info to help me not undersell myself.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Merck?
      Tell me about your workstyle.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Merck in September 2020.

Interview

It was a very brief and efficient process, it was done virtually with 3 team members asking a variety of questions in random order. Overall the experience was good, but the multi-member panel reminded me of interviewing for acceptance into a fraternal organization.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this dept?
      What are your strengths?
      What are your Weaknesses?
      Run us through your resume
      Give an example you faced a complex problem and how did you resolve it?
      How do you perform under pressure?
      How do you compensate for your lack of experience in pharmaceuticals?   Answer Question

Document Reviewer Interview

Interview

There was a phone interview with one person and then a panel zoom interview with three people from different levels. In both that asked about experience and some situational questions.

Interview Questions

• What is something that is not on your resume that you want us to know   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Interview

Long process with multiple interviews with different areas. It can be a bit stressful as you’re just sitting in one room while groups of people file in and ask you questions. No more than 4 people at a time though.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a spill on the floor of a chemical?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.