Merck Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Merck Interview Questions

Interviews at Merck

2.9

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenilworth, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merck (Kenilworth, NJ (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

They put me in a conference room and 5 interviewers took turns coming in the room. Questioning was not intensive but they all asked the same thing. It didn't come across that they were trying to see if I would say the same thing, rather they were just winging it and asking the usual questions. But they made me feel very comfortable and no games.

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merck in February 2018.

Interview

I spoke with several interviewers. Although we did speak about my experience in reviewing regulatory documents the questions were not in any depth. They seemed to be more interested in my personality and perhaps my 'fit' for the position within their group.

Interview Questions

• Describe some of the regulatory documents you have had charge of in the past.   1 Answer

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Merck (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

It was by far one of the best interviews I've ever been through. All the managers at Merck are very professional, smart, driven, and comforting. Coming from someone who doesn't have any pharma experience, it was nice to have them ask questions about my background rather than questioning my inexperience. Remember to keep positive and motivated!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

Interviewed by the potential district manager. They wanted to see how you would react on the spot, for example: "how would you sell me this pen?". They were looking for strong soft skills, and the ability to interact with many different personalities. A positive attitude plus a very competitive edge combined with the potential to lead among district members (usually 12) was a winner.

Pharmaceuticals Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Merck (Miami, FL (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a behaviour-based interview, the hiring manager was very nice, be prepare to give a lot of examples, during the interview they paid attention to your body language, so you have to stay positive and it will be much easier to project your confidence. After the first interview ended i had the next one the same day, it was someone on the phone, it was much more difficult than the face to face one, so i had to give additional examples.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to make a quick and unexpected decision   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Merck in December 2014.

Interview

No phone screen. Asked to interview in person for a position that needed filled quickly. Met with two gentlemen, one was much more laid back and "down to earth." The other asked a series of "typical" questions (describe a time when you had experienced a conflict at work and how you resolved it). Refer to the STAR format...it works. Decision was made in a week. I was second in line, but given I didn't have pharm sales exp prior, the other candidate was extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time (at work) that your ethical/moral compass was challenged and what you did?   Answer Question

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merck (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

There was a phone screen with was brief and a interview with three people in a group interview
    Questions were relatively basic and no tricks. Very professional environment
    Was offered the job about a week later. I have heard other drug companies can drag their feet and require much more.
    The sales mangers at Merck actually conducted the interviews and they had a lot of freedom to make decisions.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Merck (Kansas City, MO (US)).

Interview

It was through a third party and consisted of various paperwork, a phone call interview, a video recording answering questions on the spot, and one final 40 min interview with the territory manager.

Interview Questions

• "If you had a rare opportunity to give a presentation in front of your district manager, but your presentation was not quite ready, it just wasn't up to pare, but it was still good. Would you reschedule your presentation or give it anyways?"

"Who is the most important person for you to talk to when you enter a physicians office?"

"How would you determine what the more important clinics are to go to first?"   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merck in August 2011.

Interview

Panel Interview with 3 of the managers from surrounding area and 2 different divisions within company. There was two sales reps for good measure and to give an understanding of the role of the sales rep in everyday situations. They also asked a few questions to see if I woudl be a good fit with the team.

Interview Questions

• Name me a situation where you had to overcome adversity in your personal life and how that affected your decision process in future challenges   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated best salary after asking for 20% increase over original offer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

Similar to other pharma companies. The standard S.T.A.R. format; The STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) format is a job interview technique used by interviewers to gather all the relevant information about a specific capability that the job requires. This interview format is said[by whom?] to have a higher degree of predictability of future on-the-job performance than the traditional interview. This technique is a behavioral interview technique.

Interview Questions

• Situation: The interviewer wants you to present a recent challenge and situation in which you found yourself.
      Task: What did you have to achieve? The interviewer will be looking to see what you were trying to achieve from the situation.
      Action: What did you do? The interviewer will be looking for information on what you did, why you did it and what the alternatives were.
      Results: What was the outcome of your actions? What did you achieve through your actions and did you meet your objectives? What did you learn from this experience and have you used this learning since?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.