Merck Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Merck Interview Questions

Updated 15 Dec 2017

Environtmentaly Control Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Point, PA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merck (West Point, PA (US)).

Interview

Very warm and friendly, informative about the hours and shift, salary and benefits. The interviewer wanted to make sure that I understood that I would be working for a Union.
    They went into detail about the type of work I would be doing and the amount of weight I would be lifting, and also had to have a valid drivers license, as I would be required to drive around the plant site occasionally.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you got a flat tire?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rahway, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merck (Rahway, NJ (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process was one phone interview for about thirty minutes. There would be no follow up interview and decisions are made quickly. Still haven’t heard anything back yet. Hopefully will soon.

Interview Questions

• How do you pay attention to detail?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Merck (New York, NY (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

I got an interview early in Dec via WebEX with three interviewers. The interview last 30 mins, which basically focuses on my previous experience on my resume, and how much I know about their projects in the summer. I haven't received any response yet.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

The interview process consisted of several interviews with team members and executive management in addition to giving a 15-20 minute scientific presentation. Although you will be given the opportunity to present on any science topic you choose, be sure to keep it relevant to the disease area of the role you are interviewing for. Doing this will help convey your communication style within that particular disease are. Because this role is team-based, be sure to speak about your soft skills including: emotional intelligence, team building skills, project management, collaborating and working through challenges.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this disease area?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about our pipeline of drug compounds?   1 Answer
    • How do you work in teams and how do you handle communicating with different types of individuals?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raritan, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Merck (Raritan, NJ (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Friendly interview, spoke about my qualifications and responsibilities. The interviewer said her only worry was that I might be too overqualified for the position. It seems like a nice place to work. I was very excited about the idea of working at Merck.

Talent Acquisition Contractor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

Initial process was straightforward. Took about 3-4 weeks after initial meeting with agency to proceed to interview with hiring manager.

Hiring manager interview was smooth; very good connection.

Onsite interview - first interviewer was late and asked a few softball questions. Seemed put off by my experience and seemed honestly didn’t care about anything.

Additional phone interview was very good. The interviewer and I shared best practice with a very robust solutions focused call.

Merck asked for personal references who all replied back with positive feedback.

After 2-3 weeks and lots of prodding from contract agency, Merck followed up to say they hired someone internal.

Felt completely filled with false hope and a sub-par process.

MMLDP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

Once you fill out your application, you are contacted by email to fill out an online assessment. The assessment is thorough, and takes between 30-60 minutes. If you pass the assessment, you are invited to a Skype interview. The interview is mostly behavioral and is very relaxed.

/Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

I was selected for interviewing after speaking with a recruiter at a career fair.

The first interview was behavioral, STAR format, and had a technical question about crystallization at the end. We should hear back with a second interview, or an offer, not sure which in about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you had to form a compromise between two groups?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Merck in October 2017.

Interview

I set up a phone interview and the two hiring scientists called me and told me about their background/what kind of projects I would be working on. They proceeded to ask me about my experience and why I wanted to work at Merck.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to troubleshoot an experiment.   Answer Question

Science and Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Merck (Newark, NJ (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Talked to them at the career fair, and got an interview a few weeks after. Typical behavioral interview -- have all of your stories ready, you need about 6 good ones. At the end, they throw in a technical question. As long as you're creative with your response and show innovation, you'll get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced a difficult challenge.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to resolve a conflict within your workplace.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.