Merck Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,017 of over 1,017.0 interviews

Employee Referral13%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kenilworth, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merck (Kenilworth, NJ)

Interview

I was invited to the Kenilworth site for a day in 2019. I met with the director the night before for dinner. The interview includes meeting 6 managers in 1-on-1 format. Four managers just brought HR/behavior questions, and did not touch upon any technical topics. The hiring manager for this position was very quiet and difficult to communicate. This person turned the paper of HR questions towards me and said:"Read the questions out loud and answer them yourself." (Now I think this is so ridiculous.) One other manager asked me why I chose to study biology/chemistry coming to the US, why not computer science or finance (indicating they are more lucrative majors) like my other international student friends. It seemed to me that they hated their current jobs, and I can't help wondering how they got their job at Merck with such poor communication skills. Two other managers didn't even bother to show up for me. One of them arranged a phone call (I was calling from their on-site office... wierd). Also worth mentioning is that my interview schedule was prepared in Comic Sans, which is just so unprofessional. I was a new grad at that time, and Merck is a big name in industry and was my dream employer, so I doubted myself, wondering why this interview experience felt so wrong. Now I think they probably already identified a suitable candidate, and inviting me on-site was just a format. It was nothing genuine (or maybe it was for the steak dinner that they can go for free?) It also took them 4 weeks to reimburse my Uber rides afterwards. I still get mad now talking about this experience to my friends.

Interview Questions
  • Why did you study chemistry coming to the US?
    Answer Question

Merck

Application

I interviewed at Merck

Interview

Fisrt, apply it online then send Eng CV then HR phone to me check background, online interview with supervisor then on site interview and final with big boss in one week and back to HR disscuss the Salary detial and refference check.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Merck

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Merck

Application

I interviewed at Merck

Interview

Simple. Pretty straightforward and standard format. Phone call first and then in person interviews later with multiple representatives. The process took awhile though from initial application to interview stage and subsequent response.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Merck

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Merck

Interview

Very disorganized and slow moving process. I didn’t hear a answer back from the hiring manager at all despite the verbal offer, and repeated attempts to get an update from my end. The employees I interviewed with in the department lacked enthusiasm and didn’t seem engaged. I wasn’t impressed. Could be department specific but I did not like the team. Dodged the bullet there.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your current role and how you bring your skills and values to the team?

Merck

Application

I interviewed at Merck

Interview

Easy going with 3 associate directors. It was an enjoyable process and was made easy by the flow of questioning. I was lucky to get three individuals that were easy to talk to.

Interview Questions
  • How is an isolator sterilized and how is that sterility maintained?
1 person found this interview helpful

Merck

Application

I interviewed at Merck

Interview

Mi hanno chiamato diverse volte per fare più colloqui e non mi hanno mai preso. Mi sembra un po ' una presa in giro in quanto se sono così interessati a me penso in un anno sarei stato preso almeno una volta.

Interview Questions
  • Descrivere esperienza passata Domande su come mi vedo nel futuro

Merck

Application

I interviewed at Merck

Interview

It's just the first round. Director didn't ask too many questions. It's more like a talk. Director introduced what the team was working on and what they expect an intern would do for them.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Merck

Application

I interviewed at Merck

Interview

Initial interview, Language assessment, Executive interview have proceeded. All process was easy and quick. Staffs are very kind, nice and cooperative. Everything was very responsive and helpful. If you are preparing to enter this company, Please try and join in.

Interview Questions
  • What are you going to do if you have a conflict with your boss?

Merck

Application

I interviewed at Merck

Interview

interesting and very fun. I never expected for this opportunity to pop up and it is truly mind blowing. Interview process was smooth and in a chit chat style of sorts. Interviewer really wanted to get to know you.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Merck

Application

I interviewed at Merck

Interview

The first interview is a phone screen, and then a panel interview with 3 people. It went on to another panel interview with 4 people. The overall process took about 1.5 months.

Interview Questions
  • Merck is big on Diversity and Inclusion. They will ask you at least one question on how you integrate diversity and inclusion within your life and how important it is to you.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,017 Interviews