Merck Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Merck Interview Questions

Updated 19 Oct 2017

/Co-op Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

I was selected for interviewing after speaking with a recruiter at a career fair.

The first interview was behavioral, STAR format, and had a technical question about crystallization at the end. We should hear back with a second interview, or an offer, not sure which in about 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you had to form a compromise between two groups?   Answer Question

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Merck (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Dinner the night before the interview day attended by 3 scientists from the company. Research seminar first thing in the morning followed by a series of 1 on 1 meetings. I was asked a few questions about my research from each person and had the opportunity to ask them questions as well.

Interview Questions

• How do you see your research area progressing in the future?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

Very streamlined and straightforward. Had two on-campus interviews and then was notified of offer within a month's time. Everyone was very friendly and responsive to emails and calls. A good experience overall.

Associate Principal Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Point, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck (West Point, PA (US)).

Interview

There was a phone interview with the hiring scientist. We discussed my background and future hopes and goals. I was invited for an in person interview. I met with nine different people. My goal was to impress all nine and get the job. I gave a presentation and then had 30 minute meetings with the rest of the group. There were behavioral questions and technical questions. In general, the job and group seemed like a great match where we would do amazing research together. The interview did run long but we had great conversations. I over prepared for this interview, did a mock interview with a friend, and ran through a list of expected questions. If there was silence, I asked more questions about the group and projects I'd work on.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you had a different opinion with a boss on how to solve a problem?   Answer Question
    • What type of people do you find the most difficult to interact with?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in the next five years?   Answer Question

AER Coordinator (Senior) Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Wales, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Merck (North Wales, PA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, about 30 minutes. Easy peasy! Spoke with Director and PM, very pleasant and comfortable interview. Each gave a brief but succinct overview of their roles, I discussed my most recent role, end of interview consisted of bouncing questions back and forth. They called back with an offer the very next day.

Interview Questions

• Please explain your responsibilities in most recent role.   Answer Question

Scientist II (Associate)(Contractor) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kenilworth, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Merck (Kenilworth, NJ (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

Everything was very efficient. Submitted through a recruiting agency. Had a phone interview with the manager first. and called me for an on-site interview 2 days after.
    The on-site was pretty informal. Showed me around the lab and office area and greeted some of the group members. Didn't really do any actual interviews there. Received offer the day after the on-site.

Associate II, Clinical Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elkhorn, NE (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck (Elkhorn, NE (US)).

Interview

I was hired from a contractor position. In order to obtain the contractor position you were interviewed by at least 3 people, sometimes in a group and sometimes separately. Interviewers were pretty friendly. HR and 2 different managers sat down with you separately.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to perform euthanasia?   1 Answer

Senior Statistician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

Applied online. About 30 minutes phone call from the team leader. Then 4 hours on-site interview, met the team leader and several team members, and a short presentation after lunch .

Interview Questions

• One interviewer described a specific situation, and asked to give opinion about how to solve it.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

the process was so slow though, was friendly, but I finally didn't get accepted after onsite seminar. the specific skill sets they are looking for wasn't quite perfectly fitting well to my background. the new-came final decision maker decided.

Senior Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Merck.

Interview

Flown in the previous night and stayed in a local hotel. Had dinner with hiring manager and another staff member the night before. Met with multiple managers from various functional groups. and gave a presentation with attendance by members of the group.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you disagreed with your manager and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.