Merlin Entertainments Admissions Host Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Merlin Entertainments Admissions Host Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Admissions Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maidstone, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments (Maidstone, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied via Glassdoor and was invited to an interview in an unconventional style, was even asked in the email to bring an item I feel represents me and to be creative with it.

The interview was a group interview and there was about sixteen of us. Firstly, we were asked to introduce ourselves and play two truths and one lie. we were instructed to complete various odd tasks like drawing something abstract that we believe represents good customer service, make an advertisement (in a group) for a specific attraction assigned to us.

Didn’t even need the item we were asked to bring!

The group interview wasn’t awful by any means, the staff were friendly and encouraging but being thrown into an interview with 15 other overpoweringly confident individuals wasn’t an accurate method of evaluating my ability to get the job done. Some might say that’s how life is so if this is okay with you then that’s fine.

I have worked 3 jobs on customer service, all of which I have left on my own accord for various reasons and I am proudly able to overcome my anxiety then however it was quite an inaccurate method of interview if I’m honest and I don’t think it allows anyone to show off their true ability to provide good customer service with anxiety or not.

Interview Questions

• Give two truths and one lie and we’ll guess what the lie is.   Answer Question
  • Draw an image representing what good customer service is.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Merlin Entertainments

Admissions Host Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merlin Entertainments (London, England) in December 2016.

Interview

-Invited to group interview which included a 2 minute presentation of an object representing 'you' and various group team-building exercises including a role-play.
    -I was then invited for 'on the job experience' and a 1-2-1 interview. This involved spending 20 minutes or so at Admissions with the staff and a 20 minute interview with the hiring manager.

Everything felt promising and they said they would call me back the following Tuesday with feedback (interview was on the Friday before). I received no feedback whatsoever. I didn't even receive a short email notifying that I had been unsuccessful. Considering the fact I made the effort to go to 2 interviews just for a little 16 hour part-time job, embarrassed myself in group activities and jumped through their americanised recruitment hoops, the least I deserved was a phone call or an email to let me know that I had not been selected. I even called them twice( once a week after I should have heard and the following week) and both times the recruitment manager was away from the office so whoever answered the phone said they would 'get onto HR' to find out what was going on or 'pass the message on' to the person responsible. This obviously never happened. I found this lack of communication disheartening during my job hunting and I was thoroughly disappointed with Merlin after this experience.
    -The only good thing about this recruitment procedure was I got to go around the aquarium for free. Good thing too because I'll be boycotting everything Merlin from now on.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you gave excellent customer service?
      All your classic customer service questions: what is good customer service to you? What are your strengths and weaknesses? What role do you play in a team? Etc.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.