Merrill Corporation Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Merrill Corporation Interview Questions

Interviews at Merrill Corporation

2.6

Collections Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Corporation (Saint Paul, MN (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

Screened by company recruiter first, and then had 1:1 interview with department manager. I was told it would be around a week to hear back, next received email request for professional references to be checked. Everyone who I met especially the interviewer were kind and pleasant. They mentioned that if I were to get a second interview it would be a group interview with members of senior management for my prospective department. Interviewer asked lot of questions about abilities with software, asked me to act out a role-play scenario, and also typical interview questions such as "describe a situation where you were disappointed and how you turned it around." Do your research about the company history first.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer who is 90 days past due and has not returned two phone messages? Then was asked to role-play this scenario.   1 Answer

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Corporation (Saint Paul, MN (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview process went very well. The HR representative did a very good job. The one down side was that some interviewers were not quite prepared or understood the position they were hiring for.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I interviewed at Merrill Corporation (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

Applied through a college career site. Was called back a few weeks later by a HR representative to answer some simple background and prelim questions. Set up a time to interview with a financial advisor. Meet with them and was offered a job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merrill Corporation (Brooklyn, NY (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

Initial interview asks about current employment and course work experience. Short on questions and interviewer gives time for you to explain your own strengths and weaknesses (be honest).

Interview Questions

• Asked to walk through a certain excel model related to your position. Be prepared and review your proficiency beforehand.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Service Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I interviewed at Merrill Corporation (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

Submitted my resume, got a call a week later to set up an interview. Went for one in person interview at their headquarters, typical interview questions. The only one I remember was tell me about a time when you worked with a team and someone was not contributing enough, what did you do? Was emailed a few days later to submit for a background check and set up an date for a drug test. You have two days from that email to take the drug test and a lab they find near you. Waited another week to find out everything passed and was offered the job via the phone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when someone on your team was not contributing and what you did about it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merrill Corporation in June 2014.

Interview

Very casual, relaxed interview. Met with manager, met the team, went over resume, there were a few technical questions. They seemed most interested by my ability to adapt to changes without warning and my eagerness to learn.

Interview Questions

• Detail a team project that you are most proud of and why? Elaborate on your contributions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was also rather informal. Took some time to analyze their offer and came to an agreement. All very casual and pleasant.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Corporation.

Interview

I had one in person interview with two people. It was an unpleasant interview. They asked to tell them how I would explain the role to a friend which seemed unfair considering the extremely bland and generic information I was able to find when researching the role online.

Interview Questions

• Can you teach me how to fix this TV without us being able to see the same thing?   Answer Question
    • How would you explain this role to a friend?   Answer Question

Litigation Support Interview

Interview

This was the most intence interview I have ever been on.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merrill Corporation (Saint Paul, MN (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

Pretty standard interview process for a full time perm hire at most companies.
    The HR recruiter did a pre - screening interview with me on the phone and asked the standard HR questions. Nothing too difficult. A lot of focus on my experience stated in my resume.
    Once past the HR interview, they called me into the "hiring" interviews on site at Merrill.
    Here I met with 3 rounds of interviews: the hiring manager (PMO Director), the project manager and application dev manager with the QA manager, then last interview was with the BA team and the product manager.

The hiring manager interview was pretty basic, she was mostly focused on questions designed to understand my personality and fit into the Merrill culture. The project manager and app dev manager focused on my professional background on "AppDev" projects with Agile process and standards. The BA team and product manager was a panel style interview which was the most challenging because they asked me all types of questions about my experience as a BA, team leader, AGILE experience, and past commercial product development experience.

Interview Questions

• No questions were really that challenging to me, all standard questions.
      Some unexpected questions were: "How was your experience traveling to Prague, the Czech Republic. Another question was, "do you like fishing? then, What kind of fish?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I went back and forth with the HR recruiter to get my salary and vacation to acceptable levels for me.

IT Process Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merrill Corporation (Saint Paul, MN (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

This was a very standard interview process. There was no vetting of actual skillset. All questions were very standard interview questions, such as "Where do you see yourself in 5 years? How can we help you get there?", etc... I had one in person interview before being offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? How can we help you achieve that goal?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered, I accepted

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.