Metropolitan Police Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Metropolitan Police Service Interview Questions

Interviews at Metropolitan Police Service

Various Positions Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Police Service in July 2020.

Interview

After completing my application from online my interview took place a week later. The interview was straight forward and to the point attended by two senior staff members. I would recommend heavily preparing for the interview. I was asked three competency based questions that were linked to the role that I had applied for.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Police Service.

Interview

The interview process consists of 3 different assessments. The exercises and interactive and meant to establish if you are suitable for the role. They are looking for different values and characteristics that would make you a good detective

Chief Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Metropolitan Police Service (London, England).

Interview

3 stage process that consisted of a Presentation, Community exercise and an interview.

The interview was competency based. This is the approach that the Metropolitan Police. there recommended model for answers is SOAR. Situation, Objectives, Action and Result. It is important that when answering you emphasise what your ole was. Please also demonstrate that there was an outcome and my recommendation would be to state what you learned as a result.

Trainee Detective Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Police Service (London, England) in August 2019.

Interview

Very lengthy process, over a year in total. Day 1 has a very low pass rate, I think around 70% of applicants pass the day. Day 2 fitness test is only 5.4, again, not many people fail that. Day 3 is very difficult. You'll need to do a lot of preparation.

Police Staff Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Metropolitan Police Service (Birmingham, England) in June 2019.

Interview

Initial application online with lengthy answers to analytical problem solving skills followed by online assessment and a face to face interview. overall a very quick turn around time and good communication throughout.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Police Service (London, England) in June 2019.

Interview

Online competency based, telephone interview, face to face technical and competency based interviews. The issue I had was I applied to a failing department and yet was interviewed by managers leading that failure.

Trainee Detective Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metropolitan Police Service (London, England) in April 2019.

Interview

Written test, role play exercise, interactive task with 1 other person, 1:1 interview and 2 online assessments.

The assessment day was very well structures and didn't make you feel uncomfortable.

Forensic Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Police Service (London, England) in December 2018.

Interview

9+ months process, 3 persons on the interview panel, Asked technical questions, i.e. strategy settings, and behavioural competency questions. Presentation on what you already know - question posed prior to interview

Disclosure Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Police Service in October 2018.

Interview

Lengthy recruitment process, 3+ months. Attended an assessment day (1 hour test) prior to an interview panel. Questions tailored to very specific competencies. No feedback available at any stage in the process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think it's important for the Met to have its Core values of Professionalism, Integrity, Courage and Compassion?   Answer Question
    • If you disagreed with senior management on something, how would you convince them to your way of thinking?   Answer Question

DC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Police Service (London, England) in April 2018.

Interview

the hiring process of the met police is mostly online, followed by an assessment center that deduces whether you are competent and share the values and visions of the service. It was a very structured process

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.