Metropolitan Police Service Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 33 of over 33 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Metropolitan Police Service

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metropolitan Police Service (London, England, England) in Jul 2021

Interview

Competency based interview. I have been asked 8 questions related to be a special constable(Volunteering police officer). So I was been asked some of the questions that was been related to the situation I have leaded or faced to sort it out and then I had to describe the situation as a past example where I provided public service. I was asked that what was the situation did you dealt and told them about practical and the situation I had to deal with .

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to join police as special constable?
    Answer Question

Metropolitan Police Service

Application

I interviewed at Metropolitan Police Service

Interview

Enjoyable and challenging. i was asked a lot of scenario based questions. i was spoken to by two Special constables. the interview lasted about 20 minuets and in the end the interviewers gave me feedback on what i should focus on when i do the job

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Metropolitan Police Service

Application

I interviewed at Metropolitan Police Service

Interview

The interview consisted of role play scenarios to determine your behaviour in conflict resolution and problem solving scenarios. In addition to the role play Questions about your previous experiences in conflict resolution and problem solving.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Metropolitan Police Service

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Metropolitan Police Service

Interview

I was taken into a room to complete a short test prior to interview which involved a case study and mathematics (they inform you prior to the interview that there will be a test). Once completed I was taken into another room where I was interviewed by three staff members, this lasted around 45 mins.

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever made a mistake in the workplace and how did you overcome it?

Metropolitan Police Service

Application

I applied online. The process took 11 months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Police Service

Interview

The interview process takes a long time but each stage is clear. There is enough information beforehand that you feel prepared They also ran a really good half-day training session before the online interviews. The most important thing to prepare yourself is to read the Competencies and Values framework.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Police Service (London, England, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

Assessment centre, briefing exercise and then a 1 hour written exercise. Briefing exercise is 1:1 with someone watching. No feedback given afterward despite asking, understandable with many applicants but also frustrating.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Metropolitan Police Service

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Police Service in Jul 2020

Interview

After completing my application from online my interview took place a week later. The interview was straight forward and to the point attended by two senior staff members. I would recommend heavily preparing for the interview. I was asked three competency based questions that were linked to the role that I had applied for.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Metropolitan Police Service

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 10 months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Police Service

Interview

The interview process consists of 3 different assessments. The exercises and interactive and meant to establish if you are suitable for the role. They are looking for different values and characteristics that would make you a good detective

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Metropolitan Police Service (London, England, England)

Interview

3 stage process that consisted of a Presentation, Community exercise and an interview. The interview was competency based. This is the approach that the Metropolitan Police. there recommended model for answers is SOAR. Situation, Objectives, Action and Result. It is important that when answering you emphasise what your ole was. Please also demonstrate that there was an outcome and my recommendation would be to state what you learned as a result.

Interview Questions
7 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 12 months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Police Service (London, England, England) in Aug 2019

Interview

Very lengthy process, over a year in total. Day 1 has a very low pass rate, I think around 70% of applicants pass the day. Day 2 fitness test is only 5.4, again, not many people fail that. Day 3 is very difficult. You'll need to do a lot of preparation.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 33 Interviews