Microsoft Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Microsoft Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

Intern Interview

Interview

Kinda bad. Wasn't happy with the way that I was treated. Basic algo question, you get around half an hour to do it. Hope I'll get a chance to apply again for the spot.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Intern Interview

Interview

Chill Process. Behavioral screen first round. Great interviewer waiting to hear back how it went. Good luck to all of you out there applying to Microsoft! It's a nice process, so hopefully, I get a callback

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied online in September 2018. In February 2019, I received an email from a recruiter asking for additional information to set up a phone interview. I talked to a FTE who basically asked about what I study, why Microsoft, etc. I made it through to the next round for in person interviews. I flew out to Redmond where I did a presentation of my portfolio to a group of FTEs and then after lunch I had 3 interviews, each 45 minutes with the people who saw my presentation. I answered questions about my work ethic, my experience, and how I approach problem solving. Less than a week after that, I received my internship offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had more on your plate than you could possibly finish on time. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

The hiring process went well. Very helpful recruiters assisting you in being successful, and the everyone I communicated with was very welcoming and passionate about what they do. I was very nervous, but the interviewers gave any information they had about the internship and went from one in-person interview to the next, and were thoughtful enough to even think about breaks for coffee. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

• How would you mediate a disruption in a team meeting when a team member is asking you for assistance but you're already fully tasked with work?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Initial on campus interview followed by four on-site interviews. For the on-site interviews everyone was flown out to Seattle. It was overall a positive experience and included a short tour.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Kids were in the background during the interview so it was very distracting. I had a hard time figuring out the code since there were noise. Overall, I did not like the interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

4 rounds 45-mins on-site interview:
    interviewed for data scientist position, but mostly focusing on my programming experience and knowledge. Not well matched.
    Related questions on data science is only a case study and a question about linear regression.

Intern Interview

Interview

Interviewed last spring. Great process from beginning to end. Smart and nice interviewers, and all the questions were mostly to be expected. Everything went very smoothly and positively for me, although it probably depends on who you interview with.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

I had a great experience. The conversations followed naturally and the questions were oriented around the flow of the conversation. I walked in feeling nervous but came out on the other side having made a connection. I really appreciated positive atmosphere the interviewers created for me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why Microsoft?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

I interviewed for the Explore Program. The interview process consisted of a short phone interview in November 2018 and then an onsite interview (at the Redmond, WA headquarters) in January 2019.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview consisted of behavioral and design questions, whereas the onsite has more technical questions.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.