Microsoft Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Microsoft Internship Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter to set up a technical interview. The phone interview lasted 45min. There was a mix of puzzles, technical concepts, and behavioral questions. I felt like i answered the questions well but was not moved on to the next round.

Interview Questions

• Puzzle about weights and figuring out the heaviest of 9 balls.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Had an on-campus interview scheduled after the career fair. Didn't hear back from them. Seems like they ran out of interview slots to schedule people. They shouldn't have conducted the first interview in that case.

Interview Questions

• Given two strings, count how many times one string appears in the second string.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview started poorly. I arrived 20 minutes before the start time, but there was an issue with the front desk contacting my first interviewer, and the first employee falsely believed I had arrived late. The interviewer had a very passive aggressive attitude for the entire interview due to this. Next was lunch with the second interviewer, and this one went a little smoother. Basic array and string questions were asked. The final interviewer essentially talked about himself for most of the interview and asked a question at the end.

Interview Questions

• Find if two linked lists have an intersection.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

Was given a phone interview that was mainly behavioral based, but was also asked some simple programming questions just to get a general idea of what I know. My recruiter got back to me saying that I would be getting an on-site interview. Was put on a random team for an interview, and was given four interviews over the course of four hours.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Microsoft?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

I was referred by an internal employee and flown to Seattle. I conducted 1-1 whiteboarding exercises with two full-time software development engineers. By the time of the second 1-1 it was clear to me and the interviewer that my interests did not align with the available positions.

Interview Questions

• How would I speed up the boot time for Windows to make users less frustrated.   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

dont remember applying I applied to microsoft explore in the summer ang got an email that said to sign up for a time slot around the August for a phone or skype interview

Interview Questions

• Q: describe how a computer works to a 5 year old
      Q: how would you organize a line of people(they were looking for a data structure i.e binary tree)   1 Answer

Better offer somewhere else

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Moderately hard. The questions were fair but difficult. They help you work through them but expected alot form you as well. I think overall it was a great process. Plus they paid for the trip which was awesome.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I gave my resume to a recruiter at a campus career fair. Then I got an email back from them I believe a week or two later saying I would be perfect for the Boston garage intership. Then had a 30-minute phone interview with a lady one behavioral question and one problem-solving question that was a probability. Then I got an email back the next day saying that I got invited for an in-person interview which was the following week. During the final stage, you have three interviews. One is behavioral, and the two are technical all 45mins. The questions did vary with people, but they are a simple problem-solving question that involved data structures.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Provo, UT (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Submit resume , if selected go to on campus interview, from there either given a pass or asked for superday. While my resume passed the first screen. They really wanted someone with more finance classes than just 1. All the other analytical stuff did not really seem to matter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview. Did not hear back for 2 months. Got the rejection email saying no spots left. Got email after few days for setting up onsite. 4 rounds technical + lunch was kind of technical too with one of their engineers.