Microsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Microsoft

9,222 Interview Reviews

3.1

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It is very obvious that Microsoft is discriminating against age. I have submitted two different resumes - with two different names and contact info, of course. On one of them, I outlined 20 years experience and applied for 23 different roles (in the same category). They keep denying that application over and over. However, on the short resume I have only outlined 3 years of experience and applied to 2 different roles. They have actually scheduled a phone call. What are the odds of THAT!!!

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

4 rounds of interview of 45 min each. Was asked coding questions based on data structures and concurrency. Leetcode medium level. 3 rounds went well and one did not go well. Recruiter told me this.

Support Engineer Interview

Interview

A recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn and I did a phone interview that was around 45 minutes long. Was offered a final round interview but declined due to location.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Easy and rather short . Two technical phone interviews. The second was more behavioral than technical. Worked through the solution with my interviewer and worked through testing. That was really helpful as far as communication goes. Really liked the experience overall

Technology Analyst Interview

Interview

Invited to speak with board of interviewers after submitting application. Information of background and experience. Asked about education and special training. Previous job information and reasons for job at Microsoft.

Interview Questions

• What previous experience have you had in the field of technology.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I applied online with an invitation from a recruiter through LinkedIn, got an in person interview on campus with an engineer, it was a 1-1 interview. The next step is on-site, most likely in Seattle.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

One phone interview first, go through resume and one case study. Four rounds onsite, very basic prob and stats questions, but tons of case study. And case study focus on Microsoft's product. It looks like I'm applying for product manager instead of data scientist.

User Experience Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)).

Interview

An hour-long portfolio review followed by an all-day interview process with 6 people. One of the interviews was heavily based around testing research skills and methods knowledge. The rest were more behavioral and evaluative of the fit. A lot of questions on research processes/logistics/stakeholder communication.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose X sample size in this study you ran?   Answer Question
    • How do you account for your own biases in the research you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the last time you failed and how you addressed that.   Answer Question
    • How do you ensure your research makes an impact?   Answer Question
    • How do you engage your stakeholders in the process?   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The communication with the sourcing recruiter was good, it went steadily downhill from there. The recruiting co-ordinator did not bother to follow up, repeatedly delayed, and gave incorrect information regarding the length of the interview. After my experience, I decided against joining the company. This has been by far my worst interview experience. Microsoft needs to step their recruiting game up, and I judge a company by their recruiters.

Interview Questions

• What would you do differently in a situation? (Describing where something went wrong)   Answer Question

Associate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redmond, WA (US)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Redmond, WA (US)).

Interview

The process took about 2months since I applied. The first interview was with the recruiter, two weeks after that she referred me with the Hiring Manager, and two weeks after that I was invited to an In person interview which they covered all of the expenses . Heard back two says latter with an offer, which I negotiated and got an extra Sign in Bonus and Stock Bonus. ALWAYS NEGOTIATE! Don’t be afraid to ask for more. They ask behavior questions to see how you react in hard situations and how do you organize yourself.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.