Mimecast Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Mimecast Interview Questions

Interviews at Mimecast

2.6

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Hiring manager was unprofessional. He talked about other candidates in the process. He did not get back to me after the call. Poor candidate experience especially coming from someone within HR.
    Didn't ask any relevant questions of me.

Interview Questions

Mimecast Response

18 Aug 2020 – Director of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing this feedback. We value our candidate experience and take pride in a white glove approach to any candidate entering a recruitment process at Mimecast. I apologize your experience was not in line with these high standards. We are always improving our process and this feedback will help us to establish best practices around candidate experience. Thank you for the time you took to write this review.

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mimecast (Lexington, MA (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

The interview process was fast, efficient, and a breeze!

The timeline of events happened over the course of a couple of weeks.

My recruiter Jessica was outstanding at communicating with me throughout the process.

Engineering Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mimecast (Lexington, MA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

I was contacted by a technical recruiter on linked-in. We set up a call to discuss the role further. I felt good about proceeding on with formal interviews after that call. Within I'd say a 2 hour window, I was already schedule to talked to the manager of the job-role. Had a few more conversations and recruiter than called me to present me offer. Was really fast turn around, super cool experience.

Interview Questions

• How do i set priorities with different deadlines and many tickets to close   Answer Question

People Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mimecast in February 2020.

Interview

Quick to set up a phone call within a week of my application, and then an onsite interview one week following the call. Was told that they'd like me to come back in for a final round interview - and then radio silence.

As a recruiting team member myself, I was pretty unimpressed with the communication. The company's silence made it clear that I wasn't going to be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize recruiting operations in a fast paced environment?   Answer Question

Global Diversity Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mimecast in November 2019.

Interview

Submitted my resume online via LinkedIn. Recruiter reached out to schedule a call. The call was very fast and bizarre. She seemed unprepared and had no questions. I had more guidance about the job responsibilities from the LinkedIn post than from the "recruiter". Her biggest concern was whether or not I would be able to commute to the Lexington, MA. No follow up afterwards. Probably for the better if that's common practice at Mimecast. I lost interest and didn't follow up. They keep reposting/refreshing the job listing every few days now.

Interview Questions

• How long do you think your commute will be from your home to Lexington? Is this okay with you?   Answer Question

Customer Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mimecast (Lexington, MA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Very welcoming, the interview starts with a tour of the Mimecast building and incredible amenities available to employees.
    The interview then continued with two separate sessions with two separate teams of interviewers. The first team concentrated more on my employment history, the second concentrated on my technical knowledge, with a role play session of a technical support call. Ended with a short written exam. The whole process took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Describe the technical process of how emails work.   1 Answer
    • Role play: You're a Tech Support Tech answering an inbound question (Support is always to system admins, don't treat the caller like a newbie)   1 Answer
    • You'll be asked to describe how you'd react to customer support scenarios   1 Answer

Netops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mimecast (Lexington, MA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

A recruiter called and did phone screening. After that there was a mostly technical phone interview with the hiring manager. Then another technical interview with a senior level engineer. After that there was in-person interview on-site.

Customer Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mimecast (Lexington, MA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn and contacted by an internal recruiter. Only two interviews but the first was just a phone screen with the recruiter. Second interview was on site with 5 people: the recruiter I talked to over the phone, two people from the support team and two people to talk about the company culture. The recruiter seemed busy and did not conduct an in-person interview as scheduled. The other interviewers were very nice and asked a mix of technical and personal questions.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mimecast (Lexington, MA (US)).

Interview

Phone screen with Senior Recruiter, 2nd phone screen with hiring manager, invited in to 1st in-person interview with broader team. The Sr. Recruiter was somewhat rude over the phone and unsettlingly cold in person. Actual team was nice. Did not hear back from anyone after in-person interview despite follow up. Unprofessional experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenge you had to overcome. Standard questions to gauge skills and personality fit.   Answer Question

Customer Success Advocate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mimecast in August 2019.

Interview

Phone screening with the recruiter for 30 mins. The recruiter was extremely unprofessional and rude. Next step I was brought in for in person group interview. The interview was a series basic questions surrounding my background experience and why I applied for the role. Throughout the interview I felt uncomfortable by one of the hiring managers. The recruiter explained there is No second round interview. Then a week later the recruiter called me a couple of days later explaining that the hiring manager was not in the office , but the team is very interested in you and he would like to bring you onsite again next week before making a final decision! When I was told there was no second interview. Which honestly I felt was a complete lie! Waiting for a couple of days and follow up via email no response ! Then after calling him and emailing again , he decided to call me almost 2 weeks later explaining there went someone else who had more technical experience. This was by far one of the worst interviews experience I ever had with a company ! PLEASE do not WASTE your time applying for this horrible company. Get your recruiting together Jesus horrible!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.