Ministry of Justice UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Ministry of Justice UK Interview Questions

Interviews at Ministry of Justice UK

Policy Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (London, England) in September 2018.

Interview

Panel based interview of three people, based on application competencies. Really easy and comfortable. They asked follow up questions based on my reponses .
    And also opportunity to test my understanding of the role by asking me why that role and which one (there were three particular roles identified. Two weeks after i applied i got tge interview (quick for civil service) and then i initially was put on reserve list but then git the offer later.

Policy Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (London, England) in June 2016.

Interview

Quite a long process. Was a national campaign looking for 30+ people so it took time to organise everything. Needed to complete online questions beforehand and to complete an exercise before the interview. The first part of the interview focused on the exercise. I was asked questions about why I chose the answers I did. I had to present an argument and make a recommendation.

Interview Questions

• Questions were competency based and they let you know the areas they are interested in hearing from you about. Typical ones focused on giving a real life example of how you plan and prioritise, when you have worked in a team and when you have had to make a decision.   Answer Question

Policy Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK.

Interview

Had to give a presentation five minutes maximum, then competencies based interview. Three people in the panel and it lasted about 40 minutes. No trick questions, just how have you demonstrated evidence based policy making, planning, motivating staff, delivering a final product etc. There was an interest in demonstrating project management skills.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of where you have used evidence to influence a decision   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (Birmingham, England) in March 2019.

Interview

Interview was with two recruiters. The process was friendly and finished rather quickly. The building was in a very easy location to find - right where the city centre and shopping centre is.

Interview Questions

• Mainly based on the competencies - Managing a Quality service and Communication.   1 Answer
    • What motivates you in the morning?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever dealt with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (London, England) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a telephone interview, The interviewer was really friendly and encouraging. When questions were not answered directly, the question was reiterated. The importance is to answer the questions in the STAR format, to emphasise your competencies.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the civil service   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (Lincoln, England) in July 2018.

Interview

Repeat of competencies in the application. Very scripted. Felt like they were going through the motions. Interviews in the private sector are very different. This was like being interviewed by a robot. Strangely it was a bit 'good cop, bad cop'. One of the panel had a forced smile and never spoke and the main interviewer kept fluffy her lines while she criticised my former employer - I felt it was a bit bizarre to be honest.

Anonymous Employee in Darlington, North East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (Darlington, North East England, England) in February 2017.

Interview

A manager and a senior administration officer were the panel. They asked me to describe the five competencies I used on my application form. Then there was time for me to ask questions. They were friendly and encouraging taking notes but also keeping eye contact, quite relaxed. They obviously wanted to get the best out of me instead of the sometimes used staring technique!

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (London, England) in November 2013.

Interview

It was quiet easy, it's based on your competences and previous experiences in front of a panel made of 3 people (team leader and manager) you have to give lot of examples on every job you ever did
    it last for an hour or so

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (Bristol, England) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email asking me to book an interview slot. You have to take suitable ID including address confirmation as required in the email which is to be expected for a position of this type. My interview was a panel of 3 people who were very friendly and took the time to explain any questions that weren't clear and asked me further questions particularly about the result of the action you took. Questions were based around each of the competencies as outlined in the job description. Each interviewer took it in turns to ask questions whilst the other 2 wrote my answers down. Was told I would hear within 2 weeks but had to email then received a response.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to pass on personal details to someone.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer/colleague.   Answer Question

Administrative Officer Interview

Interview

I applied for a job and was sent an email asking me to take some completed forms. The forms were not attached to the e-mail. I requested them two weeks ago, and again a week ago and still have not received them. Such an abismal service.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.