Ministry of Justice UK Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Ministry of Justice UK Interview Questions

Interviews at Ministry of Justice UK

3.1

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK.

Interview

Interviewed over video call (MS Teams). Panel of three interviewers. The process followed the Civil Service code, despite the role being for a private sector specialist contractor. Interviewers were dressed informally. Each took turns to ask questions. I suspect a structured questionnaire was being used. The interview questions felt shallow and perfunctory.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions, all related to past experience. I felt like the interviewers were reading from a civil service script. Questions were very shallow and felt perfunctory. I suspect my experience, and much deeper follow-up questions may have "blown their minds" . The interview panel failed my interview questions and didn't even realise it! If you are a professional with extensive experience, and really desperate for a role at MoJ, then, "dumb it down" during the interview. And don't expect to get any feedback whatsoever after the interview process.   Answer Question

Operational Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK.

Interview

Competency based interview covering three civil service behaviours and two questions on technical skills. Questions were very specific, meaning it was tricky to answer if you didn't have the exact experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you worked as a team on a data based project   Answer Question

Court Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bergen op Zoom (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (Bergen op Zoom (Netherlands)) in December 2020.

Interview

Application- behaviour and competency questions aligned with the key behaviours outlined on job description
    Interview - exact same questions were asked as on the application form. Don’t think they were looking for new answers from what I had already said on the application form.
    Lovely interviewers who put me at ease :)

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK.

Interview

Competency and Strength based interview. Very friendly panel. Questions are based on competencies asked in the job description and how you have achieved, answered mostly using STAR technique and providing clear examples.

Interview Questions

• Give a time where you have worked to changing priorities   1 Answer

Policy Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (London, England) in November 2020.

Interview

Highly structured interview - with 2 questions on 'Civil Service behaviours' where they weren't allowed to rephrase the questions just repeat them- They also weren't allowed to say what behaviour they were testing. And then 3 questions on civil service competencies, which they were allowed to rephrase and could ask follow up questions for

Interview Questions

• When you start a new job how do you get to know stakeholders?

Give me an example of working in a team   Answer Question

Policy Advisor Interview

Interview

Simple competency questions , in front of a panel of three people who worked hard to make you feel comfortable. Completed over zoom due to the pandemic and I had no technical difficulties. Make sure you complete in good light and test your tech beforehand just in case.

Interview Questions

• "When was a time you worked well in a team"
      "When was a time you communicated with external and internal stakeholders?"   Answer Question

Business Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (Bristol, England) in October 2020.

Interview

Application form which included answering 5 behaviours. Was asked to interview and there were two people present. Both put me at ease. They explained more about the role before asking a little bit about my experience and then had one question based on each behaviour followed by a few quick general questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you managed a quality service? How do you manage your time?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK.

Interview

Pairing session and panel interview . Panel interview , competency based followed by a pairing session. No phone screen or phone interview. Was contacted via email and asked when I would be free to interview.

Interview Questions

• What does good code look like
      How do decide what to test
      Why MoJ   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (London, England) in September 2020.

Interview

Panel of two people who asked various questions on previous roles. Semi informal. The process was explained on how the interview would progress and that you would have the opportunity for questions at the end.

Correspondence Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK.

Interview

A panel of three interviewed me. There was a starter question that was not marked to get you more comfortable. After each one asked me a competency question as advertised in the description page in the advert.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.