Ministry of Justice UK Interview Questions

Updated 23 Jul 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 88 of over 88 interviews

3.1
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ministry of Justice UK

Ministry of Justice UK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK

Interview

interview which is focused on the Civil Service behaviours which are listed on the job description. Interviewers were attentive, kind and reassuring. They are not trying to catch you out, respond positively to follow up questions -- they are trying to guide you in the right direction.

Interview Questions
  • Ask questions surrounding the Civil Service behaviours and strengths.
    Answer Question

Ministry of Justice UK

Application

I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK

Interview

I was told that before my teams interview would take place I would be sent the teams meeting link via email. No such link came so I telephoned the number which was at the bottom of the email to alert the recruitment team that there had been a problem. (a call that cost £2 per minute) I was told there had obviously been an error and that the interview would be rescheduled. No one got in contact with me so I sent an email asking for clarification on the issue - I got a reply saying that because I didn't attend my interview they would not be progressing my application any further. Shocking treatment - quite clear that it was an automated response and obviously no one had read my email's contents.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Ministry of Justice UK

Application

I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK

Interview

Interview consisted of a 3 person panel asking questions with answers assessed based on the Civil Service Behaviors framework. There was then a short Excel task to ensure technical competency

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (London, England, England) in Jun 2021

Interview

Applied online and was invited to an interview a few weeks after the deadline. Interview was early June. It was a panel interview over Microsoft Teams which was emailed to me about two weeks prior (email did end up in junk folder). Interview was scenario based and behaviour based questions. The questions are different from most interviews and they do not seem to want to know about who you are personally, it is more who you are professionally. The competencies they are looking for can be found on the government website and I would recommend having something in mind for each one. Make sure you give clear examples and try and tick all the boxes (which become obvious when you read about the competencies). Overall it is a simple interview. They check in before each question to make sure you are happy to proceed and usually ask follow up questions to get more information.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about how you deal with set backs.
  • Tell us about a time you have dealt with unhappy customers.

Ministry of Justice UK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK in Jun 2021

Interview

Very robotic and dull style of interview - team of 3 recruitment staff, 2 questioning and the 3rd one just listening. Never has one interview made me so uncomfortable like this one; one of the interviewers (South Asian, did not catch his name) found him extremely rude - kept interrupting me whilst I was as giving examples on Managing a Quality Service, Changing and Improving, Making Effective Decision etc. They use STAR method. Quite disappointing to see MOJ having a team of recruiters who are incompetent on how one should do an interview for such an organisation. Should have asked a question maybe at the end of each example given, learn how to speak to an applicant, and above everything - show some respect. Made me feel like I am wasting their time from the very beginning and didnt really show any interest in me - humiliating, to say the least! Had an interview on 28th of June, after waiting for almost a month to find the outcome.

Interview Questions
  • Managing a quality service, Changing and improving, Making effective decisions

Ministry of Justice UK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK

Interview

CV submission, a short telephone screening and a face-to-face interview on site. The interview was short and just with one other person. They were interested in my research experience and experience with GDS projects and standards.

Interview Questions
  • Describe your research process for conducting user interviews

Ministry of Justice UK

Application

I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK

Interview

Techincal challenge and skype interview. Interview process as a whole was a positive experience, asked to write a program in a language of my choice against a specific criteria. Interviewers were positive and communication was clear throughout.

Interview Questions
  • Coding challenge - create a basic application based on a specification

Ministry of Justice UK

Application

I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK

Interview

Had an online interview with a panel made up of 3 people. They asked a few (non-assessed) intro questions to make sure I was comfortable before starting properly. 45 min interview.

Interview Questions
  • Consisted of 5 behaviour-based questions relating to those on the job description, and 4 strengths-based questions.

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (Leeds, England, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

The interview involved 3 friendly people. They took time to ask various questions and each person chipping in to ask additional questions. They started by asking 1 ice breaker question. This was to enable me relax. The interview lasted 45 minutes and I was required to provide a form of ID to ensure that the team were speaking to the right candidate.

Interview Questions
  • How would you implement a change, what processes would you undertake?
  • How do i manage a difficult stakeholder

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Ministry of Justice UK (Leeds, England, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

It is all very very slow. I was asked if I was interested in attending an interview 5 weeks after applying. The interview was then 3 weeks after that! It was then done on Zoom as per the norm at the moment. The panel interviewing me were wooden and didn't make any attempt to get to know me, despite claiming the team and people were important to them. They challenged my experience which is fine, but it almost felt like they didn't believe my experience, despite having 22 years of it in a global bank. The work turned out to be semi shift work for UK hours, this wasn't mentioned on the advert anywhere, not a huge issue for me but because I mentioned I didn't want to work shifts again (I previously worked 12 hour days and nights which is what I was referring to) they seemed to think covering 08:00 - 20:00 was equivalent shift work. Worst of all I haven't heard anything back since and they have done a total ghosting session on me. I have sent numerous emails chasing for feedback and nothing ever comes back. That speaks volumes to me that after an interview, nobody can be bothered to provide feedback, or indeed even say they won't be hiring me. Overall I was really really disappointed as I was keen to work for a company who makes a difference and helps people. The panel made me feel like it is not somewhere I want to work after that experience, which is confirmed even more after 2 months of not hearing anything further.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 88 Interviews