Moneysupermarket Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Moneysupermarket Group (Manchester, England) in February 2020.

Interview

Recruiter contacted about the role and arranged the telephone interview with them. The interviewer was really polite, introduces himself and explaind about the role and the company initially. Then he asked about my previous and current job and the responsibilities. Technologies I have used, my day to day tasks, how I work in a team, who I report to, etc etc. Then he wanted to check my Java knowledge and asked some basic technical questions.

Interview Questions

• * Object Oriented Programming
      * Polymorphism
      * Deign patterns
      * Restful APIs
      * IDEs used
      * Unit testing   Answer Question

Performance Media Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moneysupermarket Group (London, England) in October 2020.

Interview

I initially received an email to schedule a video call interview.
    I was interviewed by 2 people and I was asked standard interview questions about my CV, strengths, etc.
    For my second interview a week later, I was given a couple of tasks and asked to create a presentation to present on the day.

Senior Frontend Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moneysupermarket Group (Manchester, England) in February 2020.

Interview

Initial 30 minute technical phone interview
    1 hour tech task (listed as pair programming but was solo)
    1 hour tech competency chat about the task, general frontend knowledge, soft skills, etc
    30 min behavioural chat

There's 2 parts to the tech task but with only an hour I wouldn't worry about not finishing. Not explicitly said on the requirements but they are looking for other things like unit tests. It can be done with any frontend framework (or none at all). The test itself is actually quite easy & straightforward for a senior position, it's more the time available that will limit how much you can get done.

Very nice office and everyone I spoke to was friendly and welcoming. I left feeling that the interview had gone well but was told after they didn't feel my "ways of working" were at the senior level. I'm confused why they didn't mention this during the interview or ask further questions if I had left some details out accidentally, as they seemed satisfied with the answers I gave.

The behavioural chat was very relaxed and open. I got on well with the 2 interviewers and could definitely have seen myself working there.

Interview Questions

Moneysupermarket Group Response

14 Apr 2020 – Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your review. It's really helpful and I'm so pleased you felt welcomed and enjoyed the process. It sounds as though more detailed feedback would have been helpful either from the agency or ourselves. I'll be following up to make sure we are being clear and thorough with our approach to feedback. Many thanks. Emma Neary, Head of Talent Acquisition

Senior Frontend Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester City Centre, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Moneysupermarket Group (Manchester City Centre, England) in November 2019.

Interview

1-hour tech task ( was listed as pair-programming but was solo )
    1-hour technical competency interview
    30 Behavioural chat

The Offices are nice, and the colleagues are friendly.
    The technical part of the interview was a bit rough, there was an expectation for Test Driven Development, High-Performance Metrics and walking encyclopedia-like responses to questions.

The technical interview focused more on the tech definitions and less on what and what I've accomplished so far.

Non-technical chats where lovely and the team would be welcoming.

I wish the best of luck to those who interview for this position.

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Moneysupermarket Group (Manchester, England) in August 2019.

Interview

All shortlisted candidates were brought in for an assessment day which lasted around 3 hours. The day was split into many parts which included a technical test, group work, an interview with 2 interviewers and a casual chat with a member of the team.

Junior Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moneysupermarket Group (Manchester, England) in March 2019.

Interview

Phone call arranged by email. Polite let me do all the talking and fill in the gaps. But with in the confines of the situation fairly relaxing. I was allowed to get across what i wanted to.

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moneysupermarket Group (Manchester, England) in June 2018.

Interview

The interview process was quick, smooth and very positive.
    My first stage interview I met with a Senior member of the People team and a Senior member of the Talent Acquisition team. The second stage was a phone call with the new head of department and the final stage was an informal meeting with 2 potential colleagues and a Hiring Manager that I would be working alongside.
    The interview process was clear and smooth, with regular communication and feedback from the Talent team.

Interview Questions

• What are you interested in outside your day-to-day duties?   Answer Question

Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Moneysupermarket Group (London, England) in February 2018.

Interview

I was interviewed by the head of strategy in the London office. My overall impression was that he was concerned that I would be a threat to his job. He even brought up the subject in the interview. He should be concerned about his job because the company strategy is appalling, and equity analysts downgraded the company last week because of its poor strategy. I would not be surprised if redundancies occur.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moneysupermarket Group in January 2018.

Consumer Insights Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Moneysupermarket Group (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position through a recruitment agency. The first stage was an hour long phone interview including a case study. Unfortunately, the organisation decided not to proceed with the process after this.

Interview Questions

• Given two datasets - one of customers using MoneySuperMarket for home insurance comparison and the other of customers using us for energy price comparison - describe how you would use machine learning to predict how much a home insurance customer could save on their energy prices for an email campaign.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.