MongoDB Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

MongoDB Interview Questions

Interviews at MongoDB

3.1

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY (US)) in November 2020.

Interview

Recruiter scheduled the call and asked for availability. But he forgot to call me after 10 mins passed. I followed up with an email and reminded him. Then we had a 20 mins call.
    After a few days, I got declined.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MongoDB.

Interview

Pretty long process from first call to onsite, a lot of repetitive conversations where it seemed like the HM was forgetting what they'd asked me.

Overall, just very impersonal, received an email rejection post-onsite, which was comical for the amount of time we'd spent talking.

Interview Questions

• Cross functional collab, candidate closing, tech familiarity.   Answer Question

Email Marketing Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB.

Interview

From the start, the interview process was disorganized. I scheduled a time to talk with the recruiter for our first phone screening and while the scheduling app said times reflected were in my timezone, I received a calendar hold reflecting the recruiter’s timezone (3+ hours ahead). The recruiter was understanding and rescheduled for my timezone and our initial call went well - I moved on to schedule a time to speak with the hiring manager. At this point, I was ghosted by any member of the recruiting team and didn’t hear back after a week of following up about scheduled availability to talk. Out of the blue, I get a call from the hiring manager saying this time had been scheduled for us to talk. I had never given this date or time to talk, much less heard back from a recruiter confirming any interview time. If this is what the interview process is like, I can’t even imagine how disorganized the rest of the team must be.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your marketing experience, more about your email experience, do you have HTML/CSS experience in coding emails   Answer Question

Account Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MongoDB (Austin, TX (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Alright friends, I went through three rounds of interviews before getting rejected. Here's what I learned.

Round 1: Your basic phone screen. They're interested in you, give all of the usual highlights, and don't come across as a total dingus and you'll make it to

Round 2: A 1:1 interview with a supervisor. I interviewed in October of 2020, so everything was still virtual. This consisted of a 45 minute video conversation, they ask you a lot of questions about yourself, you talk about how excited you are to be interviewing with MongoDB, it's a huge opportunity, etc., etc.

Round 3: This is a MOCK SALES video call with the same supervisor as before. They send you an email with information about the company that you'll be talking to, and the position that that supervisor will be playing. For me personally, I had a CTO of a major retail chain. I did all of my research on the actual person in this position, the company and their recent news, and looked to which solutions could best help this company and the issues that they outlined for me. I was actually over prepared. The day of the call, I get on video chat, have a nice conversation with this supervisor, and then my mock interview begins. Everything seems to go well, I start off outlining how much time we've agreed to, make sure that works for them, and what I expect to go over in a 15 minute call. Good good, moving forward. I ask my exploratory questions, "What issues are you facing as a newly established CTO? Oh, you're on Oracle and experiencing downtime, how is that affecting your business?" The questions asked, and the problems given are direct, and to the point. Sure, I think, this is a CTO. They want me to show what we've done for other companies to see how we can make a measurable impact to their business. Turns out, this was not what they wanted to see. My pointers are: be conversational (your knowledge of the business does not matter as much as your ability to emote), ask for a timeline on the project (high priority), and if you're not familiar with the lead time on this sales process (as I was not), then 3-4 weeks is not an acceptable amount of time to schedule another call.

Good luck to everyone!

Interview Questions

• What lead you to apply at MongoDB?   1 Answer

Analytics Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MongoDB.

Interview

Wow - this recruiting team is thumbs down. Recruiter that worked on this role reached out to schedule a meeting and then once shared availability, took a week to reach out to schedule something. At which point, my schedule naturally changed. After rescheduling, the recruiter cancelled on me last minute. Recruiter asked to reschedule again. I then shared availability and then never responded. What a circus. Incompetency to the nth degree and complete lack of professionalism. Get some new recruiters on your team.

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

First round with a recruiter, second round with the team manager, third round was a technical interview in python with a data scientist, then finally a 2 hour "onsite" via Zoom with three 30 minute meetings with people from adjacent teams and another 30 minutes with the team manager

Interview Questions

• Write a script to return the word that appears the most in a string, and the number of times it appears   2 Answers

Senior Full Stack Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MongoDB (New York, NY (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Technical Zoom screen with hiring manager, then on-site consisting of 7 interviews: 2 technical (1 hour each), 2 behavioral (30-45 min each), 1 system design (1 hour), 2 meet-and-greets (30 min each--1 being with the hiring manager again). I liked how everyone I spoke with was someone I would be working with, and the breadth of roles involved in the interview process. And it obviously helped that they were all very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Your typical algorithm/data structures-type question, as well as a question more focused on practical "on-the-job" skills and processes.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MongoDB.

Interview

MongoDB has an overall reputation as being a great company but this interview process went from stellar to abysmal very quickly. There were many steps, over 8, and a long period of time of a couple of months. I then was asked to prepare a 90 minute final presentation, which took over 30 hours to complete to then being completely ghosted before I could deliver the presentation. Absolute waste and no care for interviewees time.

Interview Questions

Interview

After applying online, a recruiter reached out to schedule an initial phone screening, which was mostly personality-based to gauge for company culture fit. Then we scheduled the coding interview, which was 3 rounds of 1:1s with various engineers, testing for data structures and algorithms knowledge. They were also really interested in hearing about my past experiences, and it was actually a really fun experience!

Interview Questions

• There exists a staircase with N steps, and you can climb up either 1 or 2 steps at a time. Given N, write a function that returns the number of unique ways you can climb the staircase.   1 Answer

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MongoDB in September 2020.

Interview

1. Applied online as well as got an intern referral
    2. 25 minute phone call interview with recruiter was very pleasant. Call was to gauge interest in the work MongoDB does.

Did not make it to final round. Communication was very clear and had a fast turnaround.

Interview Questions

• - talk about yourself and your interests
      - what do you know about MongoDB products   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.