Monzo Bank People Operations Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 8 Dec 2018

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

People Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Monzo Bank (London, England) in November 2018.

Interview

The interview had different stages:
- online form with a questionnaire
- telephone interview
- work sample
- 3 face to face interviews over one day with hiring manager and two colleagues.

The online application was simple and consisted of competency based questions. I quickly received an email with feedback saying that my profile and skills match what they are looking for in a candidate for the role and was invited to choose a date for a telephone interview.

The next step was a telephone interview which I was told I wouldn't have to prepare for because it would be around talking through my experience and my CV, except that the interviewer didn't really ask many questions about my experience or my CV. Instead she asked me a lot of "loaded" questions starting with "what do you think about...etc?", this interview took place on a friday afternoon. I received an email the following morning telling me that my application won't be taken further even though the telephone interviewer enjoyed getting to know me because I don't have the skills they are looking for. Now I can certainly understand that I don't have the skills they are looking for if they were in fact basing their telephone interview questions on competency but I have absolutely no idea how my skills were judged solely on the questions I was asked,which in terms of human resources are not best practice type of questions. I suppose they didn't like the answers I gave or didn't sound like the type of people they employ within the company.

Interview Questions

• Have you heard about Monzo before? What do you know about Monzo?   Answer Question
  • Where did you see this job ad? What do you think about the role?   Answer Question
  • What would you do if an employee wasn't happy or motivated to do their training?   Answer Question
  • What do you think are the key metrics for the people operations team ?   Answer Question
  • What was your favourite job so far?   Answer Question
  • What is your favourite area about HR?   Answer Question
  • What do you think is the difference between HR and People operations?   Answer Question
  • How do you think you will cope with the fast pace environment and incoming requests?   Answer Question
  • Have you ever made a mistake and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
  • You surely know that only 70% of tasks get done and 30% are never finished. What do you think about this?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Monzo Bank

People Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Monzo Bank (London, England) in October 2018.

Interview

The process is
    - online form
    - telephone interview
    - written test
    - face-to-face interviews

I can say only positive things about the entire process, despite not being offered a position. After submitting the application, I received an invitation to a telephone call - availability mapped via greenhouse.io. The process way easy, all communication was clear. The call that followed was personable and insightful. At all times I felt like I was engaged as a whole person and that we were pursuing a mutual cause. The result was not a job offer, and when I asked for feedback, I received a long-form qualitative account of their decision making. I'm sad not to have gotten this position, because in every way, Monzo have shown themselves to be a thoughtful, playful, generous and compassionate place to work.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.