Moody's Corporation Financial Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Moody's Corporation Financial Data Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Moody's Corporation

Financial Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Corporation (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The interview consisted of a phone screen with HR which consisted solely on accounting questions. They let you know pretty quickly if you get the super-day. I then met with a couple of managers who asked accounting based questions as well as behavioral questions. The people i interviewed with overall were very nice. I guess the best thing to do is try to relate with them since not only is the interview testing your knowledge, it is also testing whether you are someone they want to sit next to for 50+ hrs. The accounting question tend to be repetitive for obvious reasons.

Interview Questions

• If you have two companies, one uses LIFO and the other FIFO, which of the two has the most income and which has the most expenses?   1 Answer
  • How does a convertible convertible bond that turns into equity affect the three financial statements?   Answer Question
  • What's the difference between an operational lease and a financial lease?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Moody's Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moody's Corporation (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Applied online and received invitation for phone interview 1 week later. The phone interview was with a director asking me tougher questions than I thought, mostly technical, and not friendly at all. He seemed like he was in a rush to move on to next task on his calender. A week later I received email for final round. I asked the recruiter for interview info, it took her a while to get back to me. But the final in person interview was great and they were friendly. I met 6 people in the team and the HR was very friendly and agreed to send me emails of all 6 interviewers. But I've never received HR's email. They never got back to me even after I followed up 2-3 times. The way they treat the interviees tells how they treat their employees and I have no interest in working at this firm regardless of the firm reputation.

Financial Data Analyst Interview

Interview

Very friendly and professional interviewers. Had a good overall experience, although process was quite lengthy with multiple interviews and tests. Generally interview was for a large part bases on basic behavioral questions, but also accounting and credit skills.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Moody's role in the financial markets.   Answer Question

Financial Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Corporation in October 2019.

Interview

I applied online and in less than a week I received an email asking to confirm the first-round interview. Phone interview went well, it was about 30 min and I got asked lots of accounting questions and fin statement questions. Got invited to the super day in NYC 5-6 days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Corporation (New York, NY (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

The whole process started when I got an email on August 5th, 2019. I had an easy phone interview the next day. The interview was mostly technical with basic questions based on financial statements. I've scheduled an in-person interview for August 14th. The in-person interview was with three people from Moody's half an hour each. It included technical as well as behavioral questions. Be ready for questions like "Tell me about the time you've .......". I answered technicals with ease, but I did poorly on behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What are some accounts in the income statement that can distort the true earning of the company?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the time you had to manage a group of people.   Answer Question
    • What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Financial Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moody's Corporation.

Interview

HR call, asked about some basic accounting questions as of types of financial statements, items on balance sheet.... The lady said that she would get back after a week, if management decided to interview.

Interview Questions

• HR asked to give an off balance sheet item, describe the financial statements, describe the items on a balance sheet, give some asset accounts, some behavior questions, expected salary.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Moody's Corporation (New York, NY (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position through the moody's careers website. I was contacted by HR to set up a phone call, spoke within a week or so about the position.

Interview Questions

• Know what goes on each financial statement. What goes on the balance sheet, income statement, etc. Name a non depreciating asset.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Corporation (New York, NY (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

Two-round interview. First round, HR called me and ask some accounting/finance questions. Suggestion: review CFA level I accounting/equity/corporate finance/fixed income + some municipal bond knowledge. 2nd round is the in-person interview/super day. Half technical half behavioural. They like candidates who have strong accounting knowledge.

Interview Questions

• what are the local government's revenue source and expense   Answer Question

Financial Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moody's Corporation.

Interview

Hr called. very nice lady. Salary discussed in the beginning 54K. No bonus. very low salary. overtime available up to 3000K. Behavioral questions and 5 very easy accounting questions.

Interview Questions

• 1.Why this particular role 2. Previous experience 3. Bond rating? 4. Liquidity? 5. Income statement   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Corporation (New York, NY (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a phone screening interview by a recruiter. The first several questions were based on the past experiences on my resume. Then some technical questions based on financial statements and bonds.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.