Find jobs for Financial Data Analyst

Moody's Corporation Financial Data Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 38 of over 424 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Moody's Corporation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moody's Corporation (New York, NY) in Jul 2021

Interview

General questions- related to personality, company, role,career Technical questions- accounting questions related to financial statements, assets, liabilities,liquidity Salary expectations When are you ready to start? Do you need sponsorship? Have you worked before for Moodys? Why moodys?

Interview Questions
  • How are you doing today?
    1 Answer
2 people found this interview helpful

Moody's Corporation

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Corporation in Apr 2021

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn, got an interview after 2 weeks. The job required to speak french so I got shortlisted for this reason. 1- Call with HR, she asked a few technical questions to see if you have the required knowledge (name the 3 financial statements, what do you find in the asset side of a bank...), then she aksed about the salary, why Moodys, and my current situation, 2- Online test in 3 parts: accounting, comprehension and maths. No big tricks, just learn your formulas (statistics, brainteasers...) and how the 3 financial statements are connected for the first part, 3- Call with 2 managers (team lead and more senior manager), basically one part was technical (I had to answer at least 15 technical questions straight up about accountings and finance, which was in my opinion a bit robotic). After that, behavioral questions about your motivations and then they let me ask any questions in return, 4- Final round with the heads of the department (2:1), I also had to answer a lot of technical questions straight up (maybe 15), which gave me the same feeling of not having a conversation but more an financial test. When the behavioral questions came, it was more relaxed and the conversation went smoothly.

Interview Questions
  • Behavioral: What would you do if one of your colleague is not performing as he should ? What do you do to be sure your data and analysis have no mistakes?
  • Technical: explain how the 3 financial statements are linked? what is the difference between depreciation and amortization? can you amortize a land? what is goodwill? if X item is going down/up in the balance sheet what is the effect on the other statements? what is a derivative? Name a marketable security? what happened when a company issue bonds? what happen when the company action the convertible loan?
6 people found this interview helpful

JPMorgan Chase

83 Comments

Join the conversation on

Moody's Corporation

Application

I interviewed at Moody's Corporation

Interview

Overall great experience. I attended their superday interview in the World Trade Center location. There were 4 rounds with 1-2 interviewers in the room. The whole interview process lasted for 2 hours.

Interview Questions
  • Who are Moody’s competitors and how are we different from them?

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Corporation (Bangalore) in Feb 2021

Interview

Conversational and Friendly. Lot of questions on bonds market and interest rates. Also asked questions on Moody's Investor Service like what they do? What products do they deal with? Who are their competitors

Interview Questions
  • Relationship between interest rates and bond prices

Moody's Corporation

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Moody's Corporation

Interview

Firstly, a call with HR, then a couple of online tests (text comprehension and logic and calculation) after which 2 interviews with peers and management. All in all, pretty standard and a relatively quick process.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly about my day to day work at my previous workplace and some about recent financial news.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moody's Corporation (New York, NY)

Interview

I applied online through LinkedIn and then through the link on LinkedIn to the company's website. I got a call from a recruiter/HR who asked me to go through my resume and then asked me 5 accounting questions (it was a little obvious he didn't know the answers he was just reading a script and matching your response to the script.) They were simple questions and I got them alright he said he would set another one up. I got another call from a different recruiter who asked me behavioral questions. At the end of that call this recruiter set up a day for me to interview with the actual team. I interviewed with three managers (one at a time, one would come in and then leave and another would come in) who asked pretty similar questions (all three asked the same question like "walk me through a Cash Flow Statement"). They all started with accounting questions and then behavioral questions. They told me I would hear back from the recruiters whether I got the job. In retrospect, at this point I did not feel good or bad about my prospects. Two days later the first recruiter called me to offer me the job and gave until the end of the week to give an answer. At the end of the week I called him to accept. On the "interview difficulty" I say average because if you know accounting you will breeze through the accounting questions, but on the behavioral questions the recruiters were easy to talk to but the managers didn't seem like they had interviewing experience so it was a little clumsy.

Interview Questions
  • Walk me through the Cash Flow Statement.
  • A follow up on the CFS question; what is the difference between the direct and indirect method
  • A follow up on the CFS question; what is the bottom line of the CFS?
  • What are the accounting standards?
  • What are the three financial statements?
  • What is the accounting equation?
7 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Corporation (New York, NY)

Interview

The interview consisted of a phone screen with HR which consisted solely on accounting questions. They let you know pretty quickly if you get the super-day. I then met with a couple of managers who asked accounting based questions as well as behavioral questions. The people i interviewed with overall were very nice. I guess the best thing to do is try to relate with them since not only is the interview testing your knowledge, it is also testing whether you are someone they want to sit next to for 50+ hrs. The accounting question tend to be repetitive for obvious reasons.

Interview Questions
  • If you have two companies, one uses LIFO and the other FIFO, which of the two has the most income and which has the most expenses?
  • How does a convertible convertible bond that turns into equity affect the three financial statements?
  • What's the difference between an operational lease and a financial lease?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moody's Corporation (New York, NY)

Interview

Applied online and received invitation for phone interview 1 week later. The phone interview was with a director asking me tougher questions than I thought, mostly technical, and not friendly at all. He seemed like he was in a rush to move on to next task on his calender. A week later I received email for final round. I asked the recruiter for interview info, it took her a while to get back to me. But the final in person interview was great and they were friendly. I met 6 people in the team and the HR was very friendly and agreed to send me emails of all 6 interviewers. But I've never received HR's email. They never got back to me even after I followed up 2-3 times. The way they treat the interviees tells how they treat their employees and I have no interest in working at this firm regardless of the firm reputation.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Moody's Corporation

Application

I interviewed at Moody's Corporation

Interview

Very friendly and professional interviewers. Had a good overall experience, although process was quite lengthy with multiple interviews and tests. Generally interview was for a large part bases on basic behavioral questions, but also accounting and credit skills.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about Moody's role in the financial markets.
2 people found this interview helpful

Moody's Corporation

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's Corporation in Oct 2019

Interview

I applied online and in less than a week I received an email asking to confirm the first-round interview. Phone interview went well, it was about 30 min and I got asked lots of accounting questions and fin statement questions. Got invited to the super day in NYC 5-6 days later.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 38 Interviews