Moody's Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 10 Jan 2019

2.8

Sort:

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Moody's (Chicago, IL (US)) in July 2010.

Interview

Typical questions.

Associate Interview

Interview

Only had round phone interview with them. Interviewed by two assoicates at the same time from the same group. They asked quesitons on rusume. Nothing unexpected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

Initial phone conversation followed by an onsite. Not a great experience. Interviewers were more keen on speaking about why I did not fit into the role than talking about my resume. HR till date has not yet replied to many mails for an update.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between normal debt and mortgage backed debt?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

First round was a call with a current group director. Really nice, mostly just fit and past experiences. The second/final round was a superset in their NY office, pretty quick, did two interviews with two people at a time. Both were a combination of resume/past experience and technicals.

Interview Questions

• What ratios do you find most important in evaluating a company?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

The recruiter the company employed had no idea which position they were interviewing me for. They asked me questions that are illegal and were very pushy and rude when I deferred. The recruiter mentioned several times that they were unlikely to remember me and my responses because they talk to so many people a day. I was not confident that they would be able to pass on appropriate notes to the hiring manager about my suitability for the role.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Had the first round phone interview with a super nice AVP. He was kind and responsive. And then flew to NYC for the second round on site. There were a few candidates there having the super day.

They outsourced the HR department, so it was quite hassled to communicate with them to schedule the travel plan. I am still waiting on how to submit my reimbursement. The interviewers acted really professional and were willing to give you their business cards but they never responded the Thank You emails or follow-ups. So that might be an indication that I did not get the job.

The overall interview was interesting and engaging. There weren't many technical questions. Most behavioral. Anyway, congrats on those who received an offer from them! Good Luck!

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's in March 2017.

Interview

Moody's outsources the HR team. The recruiter was very nice and patient. They needs candidates with strong quantitative and programming skills. Finance knowledge is not mandatory.

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moody's in December 2016.

Interview

My experience was typical from what I've read here. I initially applied to a lower level position but the recruiter called me and said I'd be a better fit for the AA role. Phone screen with a lead analyst and then was called in for a superday at their office in NYC. People were late, the order of interviewers was not true to schedule, people dropped off and were replaced, and I also had a 2:1 screen. Interviewers ranged from engaged and personable to disinterested and standoffish. The company outsources its HR group, and everything is overall disorganized and felt chaotic. Overall, I'm impressed with the quality of personnel that met with me, though an offer never came.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Moody's (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Honestly? This company should be completely embarrassed by how their HR is run. This isn't my first time applying at Moody's but it will certainly be my last; this is my third time to have such a negative experience that I felt obligated to write a post on glass door and forewarn people.

They outsource their HR; who are so disorganized and vague it's amazing. A few years ago I spent half a day interviewing at Moody's and the HR rep couldn't be bothered to answer any of my followup emails are calls. Similar experience the second time. This time around, I was invited to an onsite interview, only to promptly be told via email two days later that they went with another candidate.

Company should def be aware the poor treatment but their recruitment people is a solid strategy to lose solid candidates - I will not be applying again, and honestly, I think that's Moody's loss.

Interview Questions

• Typical gov't debt questions   1 Answer

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Moody's.

Interview

Very long, drawn-out process that was poorly managed. Multiple HR people were in touch with me, and it seemed like there was no communication between them as I was repeatedly asked the same questions. The interview process lasted over four months, I believe. I went through several rounds of interviews and HR didn't even have the decency to let me know I had been declined an offer. I found out the news after calling HR several times and finally speaking with someone.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were all a mix of personality/fit questions and technical questions.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.