Morgan Stanley Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 14 Nov 2018
3,361 Interview Reviews

3.1

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

Phone interview for the first round then made it to the second round where it was 2 30-minute case studies with rather junior people and then had one more case interview with an associate

Interview Questions

• If a company is experiencing a decrease in profits but they have not incurred any new costs, what is the problem?   4 Answers

Consulting Group Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Bethesda, MD (US)) in January 2008.

Interview

Basic questions about work ethic. Some market related questions that seemed easy enough to talk through.

Negotiation

Easy. Salary and compensation was negotiable.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

This was via a co-sourced company. But interview was extensive at Morgan. 4 different developers interviewed. All technology related, mostly on UNIX and databases, as the position was for database developer.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Good Interview good questions open conversation….Friendly people, good location, very professional. Great organization, culture, seems like a great place to work. Took longer than expected met with four different people. would have appreciated feedback on where they are in the process and followup.

Phone Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Columbus, OH (US)).

Interview

Pretty straight forward, nothing majorly unexpected, asked the basic interview question that were a formality really like tell me about yourself, tell me about a time when you had to overcome a set back, tell me about a goal that you set out to achieve and did

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were challenged and overcame it   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Interview was standard...a phone screen and a couple in house interviews to meet with different members of the team. Everyone was very friendly - but the process itself took very long. Biggest complaint was that my contact in recruiting was not very knowledgeable on the role and couldn't really answer many of my questions. The interviews made up for that but it took a while.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience and path and assessed my fit for what was on the job spec... standard questions that made sense...nothing too tricky.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Two phone rounds (2 people), 3 in-person rounds.Met with each type of level from analyst through to Managing Director. Some interviews are with individuals in office who are from different vertical than yours. Be respectful to each person and keep messaging the same in each round.

Interview Questions

• Q. Walk me through a discounted cash flow.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

5 panel interview - one / two management level interview and 3 rounds core technical interview and at last one detailed technical design interview, Had 2 days of Face to face and one phone interview.Whole process took around a week or so. Procees was delayed as HR communications were not so great and clear.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conshohocken, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Conshohocken, PA (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Had two interviews. Met with 4 people each time. Pretty standard questions. Company seems to promote work life balance. I really wanted the position after talking to everyone. Mostly everyone seemed happy with their work and their lives there. Can work from home. 4 weeks vacation.

Interview Questions

• Have I ever dealt with difficult clients/people at work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

There was an initial phone screen with HR. Upon completion, I met with several of my future colleagues and then my hiring manager in a separate interview. All in all team was very interested in fit and personality over hard-core finance knowledge.

Onboarding was quite easy, with a relatively quick turnaround on starting the new role. Flexibility on start date.

Interview Questions

• Ability with managing multiple processes simultaneously.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.