Morgan Stanley Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Morgan Stanley Interview Questions

Updated 19 Oct 2017
2,788 Interview Reviews

3.1

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview. And I interviewed with Morgan Stanley.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

This was a very straightforward behavioral interview with four individuals in the department that I interviewed for. They asked standard questions about my background, resume and interest in the role.

Wealth Management Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Was given an interview through a school application. Went to the branch and interviewed with a Financial Advisor for about an hour and a half. Interview went well and was offered a 10 month part time internship.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What makes you believe you can succeed in this industry?   Answer Question

Prime Brokerage Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

first round is phone interview about 30 minutes. I think the guy called me is not HR but the manager of the department. He also introduced the content of intern. Most of their clients are hedge fund people.

Interview Questions

• why finance? what did you learn from a certain internship experience? pitch a stock   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

First round phone screen is heavy on technicals. Study Morgan Stanley's 10k form to find out which groups make most revenue. Know how 10% depreciation flows through the statements. Know 4 ways to value a company.

Interview Questions

• Which groups are MS's top revenue generators, and what percent? (The answer is from Morgan Stanley's 10k filing, which you should study)   1 Answer
    • How does 10% depreciation flow throught the statements   1 Answer
    • What are four ways to value a company?   1 Answer
    • How does valuing a financial institution differ from valuing a typical company?   1 Answer

Private Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Behavioral questions and asked about relevant experience in classes, like business projects and your opinion on the future of certain businesses. I was really glad I got to talk to every single person on the team I would work with so I really got a comprehensive image of what the team culture was like.

Interview Questions

• What are two strengths and one weakness of yours? How do you work on your weakness in a professional setting?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Application Steps:

1. Online Application
    2. “SRT”- Sienna Reasoning Test - 25 Questions (timed)
    3. Day in the Life of a Financial Advisor Assessment
    4. Digital/Video Interview - 6 Questions (timed)
    5. Phone Interview
    6. Business Plan
    7. Traditional Interview with Manager

Likely a month long process from start to finish

Interview Questions

• Why Morgan Stanley?
      Why should we hire you?
      Time when you have a bad review from a manager... How did you resolve it?
      Time when you had a challenging task to complete... How did you overcome it?
      What target markets do you plan to pursue?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in October 2017.

Interview

Introduce yourself and the projects you have done. Really details. Ask about some simple data structure problems, such as linked list and array and their differences. Ask about time complexity problems. And some random tech problems.

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

2 phone interviews and 1 super day. Super day was three interviews and a team activitiy. Mainly fit and general finance knowledge. It wasn't very technical and the team activity was a group challenge to test teamwork and time management.

Interview Questions

• What's the most important thing affecting a firm like Morgan Stanley?   2 Answers

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

two rounds of phone interviews and in person interview. Had phone call with an analyst and ED. In person interview was with the head of the division. It took time since they were receiving tremendous amount of applications.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.