Morgan Stanley Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

3,958 Interview Reviews

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First was on campus interview with one logic question and two coding questions about string permutations, next was an on-site with multiple interviewers with questions that ranged from logic questions, finance questions, and basic data structure coding questions

Interview Questions

• Logic questions, keep track of nth to last node in linked list   Answer Question

FAA Interview

Interview

I honestly don’t know how you can lie and waste the time of people applying like you have with me.

I spoke with a recruiter on the phone and was passed on to a local complex manager. There was a two month lag between when the complex manager and I could actually meet because she was new.

After finally meeting, she talked me out of the FAA position because “no one can accomplish it” and into the WAA position which sounded more like portfolio management and something I do have a background in. She tells me that the role doesn’t have a training class for two more months.

So I wait the two months and she brings me in again ( around the fourth time I called off work for this) to tell me that the position is no longer available but has a different position in mind with another office because they liked me so much.

So I meet AGAIN for the other position and everything seems to go fine. They tell me they will call me in two weeks regardless, after showing me their internal systems.

That is the last time I have heard from anyone at Morgan Stanley. I have called and emailed with no response from anyone.

I feel absolutely disrespected and can’t believe a company of this caliber would treat people this way

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

This is essentially some of the interview process for undergraduate students. First, you have to make an account with Morgan Stanley. Then you submit some personal info and they’ll send you a HireVue link which you will follow up on. Sometimes, they’ll send “mind challenges” which you complete. Then they’ll let you know if you’ve passed on to the next round.

Interview Questions

• Think they asked about how a current company was performing and about my interest in this field   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

I submitted my application during the summer, then I got a HireVue to complete the next day. I was contacted to do a phone interview in early September, then I found out in early October that I was selected for a Super Day. The Super Day was at their NYC office with around 10-15 candidates, and it consisted of a team activity and 3 back to back interviews.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about the financial services industry?   Answer Question

VP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Pretty easy - I have gone through one phone round and 2 in person interviews in NYC office. The recent in person interview had the hiring manager, her manager and a co/lead for this role.

Paralegal Interview

Interview

I talked to recruiter and i went to meeting when they came to my school and talked to the staff. nice people who graduated from the same uni. They help you out with stuf fbut you need to be qualified

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX (US)

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Midland, TX (US)).

Interview

First interview went well with the Branch Manager. He then told that there will be two other interviews with senior team members. They were not able to maintain their professionalism. Emailed them twice for follow up. Got a reply from the first one and I was told that I will be contacted then with the second, got nothing.

Interview Questions

• How do you demonstrate being a team player?   1 Answer
    • Do you aspire to be a Financial Advisor?   1 Answer

Interview

Video and in-person interview. Business plan and an online quiz. Interview very straight forward, they want to know what your business plan is and how you plan to get leads

HR Generalist Interview

Interview

Positive - just a slow moving process. Things moved quickly once it got past onsite stage. Overall positive experience with the firm. Would recommend more open and continuous feedback process in the future.

Finance Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Superday was 4 30-min interviews with different senior professionals. Most of the questions were behavioral or situational. At the end, all the interviewees were invited to a room for a group activity with professionals observing to look for teamwork and problem solving skills.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you solved an issue for the company and how did you move forward.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.