Morgan Stanley Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

3,846 Interview Reviews

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in April 2015.

Interview

Four interviews: HR, direct supervisor, colleague and manager's manager. All of them were by telephone except for the last one. People were very friendly, supportive and talked good things about the company.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience.
      How I solved a critical issue.
      What I had to give to the company.   Answer Question

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

Phone interview for the first round then made it to the second round where it was 2 30-minute case studies with rather junior people and then had one more case interview with an associate

Interview Questions

• If a company is experiencing a decrease in profits but they have not incurred any new costs, what is the problem?   12 Answers

Consulting Group Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Bethesda, MD (US)) in January 2008.

Interview

Basic questions about work ethic. Some market related questions that seemed easy enough to talk through.

Negotiation

Easy. Salary and compensation was negotiable.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

This was via a co-sourced company. But interview was extensive at Morgan. 4 different developers interviewed. All technology related, mostly on UNIX and databases, as the position was for database developer.

Interview Questions

• What was your worst decision ever in your career?   2 Answers

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Good Interview good questions open conversation….Friendly people, good location, very professional. Great organization, culture, seems like a great place to work. Took longer than expected met with four different people. would have appreciated feedback on where they are in the process and followup.

Phone Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Columbus, OH (US)).

Interview

Pretty straight forward, nothing majorly unexpected, asked the basic interview question that were a formality really like tell me about yourself, tell me about a time when you had to overcome a set back, tell me about a goal that you set out to achieve and did

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were challenged and overcame it   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY (US)) in February 2008.

Interview

I interviewed and hit it off with the hiring manager although on my second day of work my department was restructured and I had a new manager.

Negotiation

They wanted to give me the same salary as my previous position but i negotiated $4k more.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jericho, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Jericho, NY (US)) in August 2008.

Interview

simple, asked me basic questions. Phone interview was easy and revolved around why i want to work there. In person was more in-depth about my experience and how it would relate.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY (US)) in March 2010.

Interview

Two initial phone calls with HR, then two separate phone interviews first with one person, then two in succession. Then there was one in person interview with the hiring manager and other managers taking turns, with a coding exercise, and finally a second in person personality type interview with HR to figure out if you would be a good fit in the organization, how much you want the job and try to figure out your salary requirements.

Interview Questions

• How many app domains are loaded per .NET process?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Couldn't negotiate, very tough negotiators

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

Several rounds of interviews. Not direct on whether there is or is not a position available. They like when you do the talking rather then them talking the entire time.

Interview Questions

• Make sure you know the steps on how to value a company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY (US)) in December 2010.

Interview

selection for the summer internship based on raw smarts and team-fit -- offers are rarely made outside the summer internship program

Interview Questions

• Why did you go to business school if you wanted to stay in the field   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's limited room for negotiation, negotiating which team you work for is more common than negotiating salaries or titles

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.