Morgan Stanley Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 14 Jul 2018
3,155 Interview Reviews

3.1

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

Phone interview for the first round then made it to the second round where it was 2 30-minute case studies with rather junior people and then had one more case interview with an associate

Interview Questions

• If a company is experiencing a decrease in profits but they have not incurred any new costs, what is the problem?   Answer Question

Consulting Group Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Bethesda, MD (US)) in January 2008.

Interview

Basic questions about work ethic. Some market related questions that seemed easy enough to talk through.

Negotiation

Easy. Salary and compensation was negotiable.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

This was via a co-sourced company. But interview was extensive at Morgan. 4 different developers interviewed. All technology related, mostly on UNIX and databases, as the position was for database developer.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Good Interview good questions open conversation….Friendly people, good location, very professional. Great organization, culture, seems like a great place to work. Took longer than expected met with four different people. would have appreciated feedback on where they are in the process and followup.

Phone Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Columbus, OH (US)).

Interview

Pretty straight forward, nothing majorly unexpected, asked the basic interview question that were a formality really like tell me about yourself, tell me about a time when you had to overcome a set back, tell me about a goal that you set out to achieve and did

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were challenged and overcame it   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY (US)) in March 2010.

Interview

Two initial phone calls with HR, then two separate phone interviews first with one person, then two in succession. Then there was one in person interview with the hiring manager and other managers taking turns, with a coding exercise, and finally a second in person personality type interview with HR to figure out if you would be a good fit in the organization, how much you want the job and try to figure out your salary requirements.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Couldn't negotiate, very tough negotiators

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

I applied online and received a call after 1 week for 3 person phone interview lasting 90 mins. Heard next day that they wanted me for onsite interview, interviewed with 5 people, 2 Associates, 1 Analyst, 1 VP and ED. Very professional people. I learned a lot about the company/culture from the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Everything in detail about my resume.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was low balled, could have done better,

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY (US)) in February 2008.

Interview

I interviewed and hit it off with the hiring manager although on my second day of work my department was restructured and I had a new manager.

Negotiation

They wanted to give me the same salary as my previous position but i negotiated $4k more.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

It was a long process. I had 3 rounds of interviews. In the first round I met one person, then in the 2nd round 6 and finally in the 3rd round I met 3 people. That makes it 10 individuals individually for 30 min each. I am yet to receive a final response.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY (US)) in May 2010.

Interview

Long interview process emcompassing 14 different interviews so far, starting with phone screening, 11 face-to-face interviews, 1 phone interview with manager in London, and 1 final interview with Human Resources. Interviews tended to be technical, with many skills tests including programming exercises, financial questions, and multiple "brain-teasers" testing problem-solving skills. Interviews were mostly with the group in which I'd be working as well as with a few individuals in related groups. There was also some personality screening. Tough interviews in general.

Interview Questions

• How could graph algorithms be used to test whether there are arbitrage opportunities within the currency markets?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.