Morgan Stanley Summer Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Morgan Stanley Summer Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Morgan Stanley

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews, first round with associates, second round with a VP, and last round is a super day including 3 interviews, one of which is with a MD, very typical investment banking interview questions

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions can be practiced with IB 400 questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

The process is a few phone calls followed by onsite interview. I was asked math, stats and probability questions. Most of the questions are not hard, either college level, or commonly seen on leetcode or other online resources. No behavioral questions at all. One of the onsite interviewers appeared sleepy and was absent-minded.

Interview Questions

• With uniform distributions on [0, 1], how do you construct a uniform distribution on the unit disk.   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online and after 3 weeks was informed to take a written exam in campus. There were ~75 questions for 60 minutes, all multiple choices.

Interview Questions

• questions about Brownian motion, martingale, order of constructors in C++ etc.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in November 2013.

Interview

I had to take a written test first. The subjects covered are very broad even though each question is not too deep/complicated. Most of the questions were from stochastic analysis, finance (e.g. put-call parity), linear algebra, statistics/econometrics. There were also sections on Java and C++ and you had to choose one of these.

2 weeks after the written test, I heard back saying I passed it and that I will have a phone screen. The phone interview was with a strats associate and it was quite pleasant. Asked a few questions about myself/resume, then a few questions on stochastic analysis, statistics/probability, and programming (not complicated).

Interview Questions

• Basic stochastic analysis and probability questions. No brain teasers.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2011.

Interview

It was a second round of interview after I cleared round 1. There were 2 interviewers, one was nice while the other one seemed arrogant. They directly went ahead with probability and calculus questiosn. I could answer 3 out of 4 questions and did not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• How do u generate uniform random numbers on a circle starting from uniform(0,1) numbers.   Answer Question
    • You have a cube and an ant is performing a random walk on the edges where it can select any of the 3 adjoining vertices with equal probability. What is the expected number of steps it needs till it reaches the diagonally opposite vertex   Answer Question
    • derive the equation of the cycloid   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in February 2012.

Interview

I applied online. Then got an email asking me to take a written exam on campus. I passed the exam, then got two phone interviews. For the second interview, tt was a pleasant experience. The interviewer asked some brainteasers, some probability question, and one algorithm problem. I did pretty well during the interview.

Interview Questions

• How to write a program calculating the Fibonacci number?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (London, England) in March 2015.

Interview

Fairly straight forward - the interviews were set up by the school, and things moved quickly. As one would expect from a company like Morgan Stanley, the process was very professional and the interviews themselves were challenging. A slight surprise to not have a face-to-face interview, but overall it did not impact on the experience too much.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.