Morrisons Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 3 Dec 2018

2.3

Sort:

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morrisons (Kent, WA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

not very easy computer based questions plus competency based questions very detail interview was very intense it was a good experience and also scenario based question questions around CV asked examples for everything you answer

Customer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, PA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morrisons (Nottingham, PA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Casual discussion in store, spoke to a woman in the office and she asked me a number of basic questions about customer service, when I had given and recieved good customer sercive

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you gave good customer service   Answer Question

Colleague Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morrisons in September 2014.

Interview

After completing the application and handing it in store I had a phone call the day after requesting an interview. It was 1:1 (I wasn't told any information) and I had to bring my passport, NI number, Birth Certificate and proof of where I live with copies. I had to fill in 3 forms, one being a declarative form to get a background check, the other checking where I can work and finally the IMPORTANT part, I had to tick what applies to me, e.g I am naturally positive, I enjoy helping people.

Afterwards the interviewer went through each one and I had to give an example and expand. which again I found difficult then I confirmed the hours I can work and now am waiting for a response.

Interview Questions

• The part what I found difficult is that I had to select a product and sell the product to them with no information given,   1 Answer

Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Morrisons (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England) in March 2017.

Interview

Asked to fill out multiple choice statement questionnaire before interview. I had to choose 1 of 3 options for each statement. (1, exactly like me, 2, somewhat like me, 3, not at all like me). 1:1 interview. Relaxed feel. Interviewer was friendly, smiley, reassuring. Told me a little about Morrison's. The interviewer went through my statement choices and asked me to explain why I chose what I chose. After this the interviewer said I could relax while she told me more about the contract/working hours/pay etc. Overall the interview process was very friendly (Swindon) so don't be too nervous. The staff that I encountered were lovely.

Interview Questions

• Asked to talk about my multiple choice answers in more detail. This technique allowed them to gauge my experience, outlook, attitude etc.   1 Answer

College Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morrisons (London, England) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied with a form that I picked up in store. After 1 week I got invited to an interview and got invited to an induction a few weeks later. Interview was quite easy she had a book and she just picked random questions out of it to ask me.

Nutritionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Morrisons (Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England) in January 2012.

Interview

Online application, psychometric tests -SHL, Phone interview, face to face interview, Hiring manager and HR interview. Interview was at Hilmore house in their head office. Doing research on products and services - what differentiates them vs other retailers helps- M manufacturing, Market street, rebrands etc.

Interview Questions

• Morrisons values - one team, customer service, can do attitude, great shop keeping etc   Answer Question
    • Why do you want the job?
      Biggest mistake/ regret? How you dealt with it? What did you learn?
      Tell us about a challenging situation?
      When you lead a team?   Answer Question
    • What skills can you bring to the role and evidence of this   Answer Question
    • Team work examples of good outcomes, bringing the best of other people etc   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy enough but they asked me bring my current salary slip before making an offer of 5k more

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Morrisons.

Interview

I applied on store. After three weeks, they called me for an interview. Asked to fill three forms. First form about health condition. Another form consist of two questions
    1. Why do i want to work in retail especially Morrison.2. What is great customer service with an example
    Third form describes me with three options with A lot like you, bit like you, not like you.
    After filling form, i submitted all proof. Basic question about previous experience, how i reached shop today. And all other question are about third form which describes us. Need to explain each sentence with an example. Apart asked my availability and explained about roles, wage.

Butcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fakenham, England

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Morrisons (Fakenham, England) in September 2016.

Interview

I think they would have taken on Stevie Wonder as butchers are like rocking horse poo. The interview was very relaxed and not done by the relevant personnel. And in a very untidy room

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morrisons in October 2014.

Interview

Had to fill in their application form and I attached a Resume as well as a cover Letter.
    Got asked to interview within 2 weeks and then had a short interview with the Personnel Manager.
    I then got invited to an induction day which we were paid for. During this we got taken round the store, trained in food safety level one and taken through other basic information.
    Signed my contract and started 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you will fit in here?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northampton, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Morrisons (Northampton, England) in June 2015.

Interview

After applying within the store, I was contacted by the hiring manager a few days later. Here I scheduled a date and time for my interview. Preparing for the interview I researched questions typically asked by the company, as well as speaking to friends who worked there. The staff were friendly and begun the interview asking typical questions about my availability as well as my motivation behind working for this particular company. Near the end of the interview, I was asked to sell a bottle of wine to the hiring manager, pretending they were a customer. However, due to only turning 18 my knowledge of wine was terrible, so stumbled through the question.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.