Mott MacDonald Graduate Civil Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Mott MacDonald Graduate Civil Engineer Interview Questions

2.8

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (London, England) in January 2018.

Interview

The hiring process is straight forward and explained in the graduate brochure. The 10 steps could take weeks or months. Be prepared. Know Mott MacDonald. Revise relevant topics. Be patient.

Interview Questions

• 1. General competency based questions as detailed in graduate brochure and interview tips.
    2. A review of my CV with further explanations requested.
    3. Open ended questions about my goals, aspirations, experiences and opinions.
    4. Basic technical questions that just review your understanding of relevant topics. Open ended. E.g. What steps would you take when designing any given structure?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Mott MacDonald

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald in February 2018.

Interview

Both interviewers were very friendly and we chatted informally. One asked more technical questions, whilst the other asked me more about my soft skills. They tried to push me out of my comfort zone but in a friendly way.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

The welcoming was friendly and first all candidates had a meeting and chat with current graduates. The interviewers were kind and had a sense of humour. As there was a quantitative/logical online test in the previous stage, the interview was more about the company, its projects and my motivation.

Interview Questions

• Would you like to be involved in project management in the future?   1 Answer

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2018.

Interview

Phone interview was quite casual asking standard interview questions with a mixture of questions about yourself, what you know about the company and 1 scenario question. The HR was kind and patient while conducting the interview. Throughout the process, they had a very good emailing system on updating the applicant on their progress on reviewing candidates.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company? Why do you want to join Mott Macdonald/ How would you make a fit at Mott Macdonald?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Croydon, England

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (Croydon, England) in February 2017.

Interview

I was referred from another interview I gave with Mott MacDonald to their Croydon office. This interview was conducted over the telephone and didn't require me to travel like the first one did, as I already attended their assessment day in Cambridge.

The interview was mostly competency based and also asked about my experience in the design of ports.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with our Ports and Coastal team?   Answer Question

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (Cork (Ireland)).

Interview

Reasonably straightforward interview with senior management personnel from the office. As it was for an inexperienced role, the questions stemmed more from the viewpoint of personality & college projects / results. The panel of two senior managers were very approachable and made me feel entirely at home. The receptionist was also very nice. Overall, it was a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• What college results did you get?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (Manchester, England) in February 2017.

Interview

Very straight forward and smooth, asked general questions about career. What difficulties I faced, how I overcame thing, what should I do different.
    It's the standard reflection aspect.
    Be cool and calm, speak loud and clear.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (Glasgow, Scotland) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through the online graduate recruitment portal. Invited to interview at their offices in Glasgow. Excellent interview, one of the best, and very positive advice around career paths. However, the follow up communication was lacking and disappointing. Hopefully this was just my circumstance and not a portrayal of their usual practise.

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald (Sydney (Australia)) in August 2015.

Interview

Group Actvity + group presentation where they rate you by your interaction with your team members.
    Then individual presentation to your interviewers, I had two managers interviewing me; follow by formal interview. I was really pleased by the whole assessment process, although it took the whole day but you really get to feel how Important you meant to them, you are not just a number.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Mott Mac
      What are your strengths
      What do you think is the biggest challenge you've had?
      What is the most recent rewarding moment for you
      Why did you choose to come to Sydney
      Why did you choose your degree
      Tell me more about the context of your extra curricular things you did in uni (cruise party)
      In a team, what role do you play? Are you a leader?
      In day one of your job, how do you think you will learn?
      What are the subjects you find most interesting in uni and why?
      What do you think you can bring to Mott McDonald?
      Do you think you are a doer or leader in the team?
      Tell me more about your time management skill
      Tell me more about how you work well under stress
      What do you think is the biggest challenge in consultancy nowadays?
      Tell me about the group activity this morning, what role did you play?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years
      You think 10 years to become a project manager is reasonable?
      Why is getting chartered so important to you?
      What is your thesis topic and what are you gonna do with it?
      How many people in your thesis group?
      What location do you prefer?
      What sector do you prefer to work   Answer Question

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mott MacDonald in January 2016.

Interview

The process took about 1 month. I applied online and did an online test. Then I was invited to finish an online application form. There were three basic questions. I received a phone call about one month after I finished the application been told that I was invited to an interview. The interview last for one hour, have competency questions and technical questions, I was not able to answer one of the technical questions about how to design a roundabout. Maybe thats the reason why I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.